The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

tipp-ex-typewriter-correction-papers-DCKXDC.jpg

Completely forgot about the papers!!!

So I asked someone to send some test results to an office for me.

The someone: "I need the fax number"
Me: 🫥

Germany in 2024 🥴
Full disclosure: I'm in no position to point the finger! Couple of weeks ago I had to send an attachment in an email. I managed to attach the website, not the actual image I wanted them to see. 🤷‍♀️

Funnily enough, I was going to post a photo of a fax machine but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Fax machines! The horror! Actually, 'horrible horror!' :eek:

To this day very much in use here. So it can still happen that you mistakenly dial a fax number on your phone and get those terrifiying screeching sounds :ROFLMAO:

Full disclosure: I'm in no position to point the finger! Couple of weeks ago I had to send an attachment in an email. I managed to attach the website, not the actual image I wanted them to see. 🤷‍♀️

Oh, things like that happen to me, too :)

Of course always a classic: Sending an email with an attachment ... NOT! 😬🫣

To this day very much in use here. So it can still happen that you mistakenly dial a fax number on your phone and get those terrifiying screeching sounds :ROFLMAO:
Exactly so! It's the noise. That dreadful, dreadful noise. :eek:

I was lucky bc I never had jobs where I really needed to use fax machines. Couple of short tem temp jobs but, otherwise, I was mostly spared. Although I did have one job where the fax was probably used just once or twice a year which meant that, when it did need to be used, no-one could quite remember how and we all had to gather around it and support the poor, unfortunate sod who had to send the document. It would take all our collective brain power to remember the correct procedure. :ROFLMAO:

Exactly so! It's the noise. That dreadful, dreadful noise. :eek:

I was lucky bc I never had jobs where I really needed to use fax machines. Couple of short tem temp jobs but, otherwise, I was mostly spared. Although I did have one job where the fax was probably used just once or twice a year which meant that, when it did need to be used, no-one could quite remember how and we all had to gather around it and support the poor, unfortunate sod who had to send the document. It would take all our collective brain power to remember the correct procedure. :ROFLMAO:
I'm one of the unlucky ones 😅😅😅😅 at one time my job required faxing several times a day. The documents were several pages long. And after it all crawled through the fax machine, you had to call and see if they got a good quality image. Sometimes we had to send something again😅😅😅😅
Your story turned out fun)))) there must have been a lot of joy in getting everything done 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

I love wild animals ... in the wild.

Every time I see wild animals as pets, I think ZOONOSIS!!!! 😱
It is completely horrible seeing wild animals as pets. Full disclosure: I do sometimes struggle even with domestic animals being indoors. But, yeah, wild animals ... not good. When I was posting lots of videos of baby pygmy goats, the number of vids I had to avoid bc the goats were dressed in clothes (why? just WHY??????????) and / or were inside people's houses.

WHY ??????????????/

Here endeth the rant.

Also, ngl, I normally avoid these videos like the plague but I did look at this one bc red squirrels are awesome so ... I abandoned my principles!

Germany:

Konrad Ernst Otto Zuse (German: [ˈkɔnʁaːt ˈtsuːzə]; 22 June 1910 – 18 December 1995) was a German civil engineer, pioneering computer scientist, inventor and businessman. His greatest achievement was the world's first programmable computer; the functional program-controlled Turing-complete Z3 became operational in May 1941. Thanks to this machine and its predecessors, Zuse is regarded by some as the inventor and father of the modern computer.[5][6][7][8][9][10]

Germany also - in 2024
Fax Cartoon Stockfotos – 1.029 Bilder – Shutterstock

Oh, this was fab! Reminded me of a little box TLR camera I used to have, aeons ago. Looked like this but I can't remember if Lubitel was the name. It was Russian, that's all I can remember. It was cute. Actually, it was a bloody good piece of equipment. No temperamental meltdowns. Just got on and did the job.

0af1419baa158503450ca37f50e01954.jpg

I'm one of the unlucky ones 😅😅😅😅 at one time my job required faxing several times a day. The documents were several pages long. And after it all crawled through the fax machine, you had to call and see if they got a good quality image. Sometimes we had to send something again😅😅😅😅
Your story turned out fun)))) there must have been a lot of joy in getting everything done 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

THIS! So crazy! I remember this as well. Sometimes the receiver called our office and demanded we fax documents AGAIN because of poor quality or missing pages lolol

Das Büro, lustig, Telefax, Dinosaurier, wasserfest, Laptop Aufkleber, matt,  Vinyl, Aufkleber, Michael Scott, Zitate und Sprüche - Etsy.de

I'm one of the unlucky ones 😅😅😅😅 at one time my job required faxing several times a day. The documents were several pages long. And after it all crawled through the fax machine, you had to call and see if they got a good quality image.
oh god, it's all coming back to me! The amount of time you had to devote to sending one freakin' batch of documents. Or even just ONE flaming document. It just never felt worth it, to me. Not to mention time wasted trying to get hold of the relevant person at the other end. Invariably they'd be on the phone or whatever and you'd be waiting to find out if you needed to send the wretched thing again. Gah!

Sometimes we had to send something again😅😅😅😅
Oh yes! Of all the absolute joys of faxing stuff, having to send it again was the toppermost of the poppermost. :ROFLMAO:

:)

Ohhh, and the fax machine may never sleep!

Who doesn´t remember those mornings when someone turned off the fax at the end of the shift and first thing in the morning this stupid machine gets obstructed and stuck with several faxes all at once that were "hanging in the line" (in der Leitung hängen).

Ohhh, and the fax machine may never sleep!

Who doesn´t remember those mornings when someone turned off the fax at the end of the shift and first thing in the morning this stupid machine gets obstructed and stuck with several faxes all at once that were "hanging in the line" (in der Leitung hängen).
This was a nightmare. :eek:

Fortunately, not working as a secretary meant I didn't often encounter this particular horror. But the poor sods who did have to deal with this? You could hear the shrieking all around the building!!!!

Of course, sometimes it would happen just bc the bloody fax machine wasn't well maintained. So that always helped, lol. Most of them looked like they came out of the Ark even back in the day. :ROFLMAO:

Muahaha, all those memories come back:

Using a computer and SHARED office printer when it was something very new:

1. Pressing the print symbol in Word / Windows 95 lol
2. waiting for the miracle print on the needle printer *screeeeeech* or later ink printer *wee wee wee*.
3. huh? printer does not work, lets hit PRINT again 😬
4. document from a coworker comes out of printer. weird lol. MUST PRESS PRINT AGAIN! :ROFLMAO:
5. printer shuts down PAPIERSTAU!!!! / PAPER JAM!!!

Muahaha, all those memories come back:

Using a computer and SHARED office printer when it was something very new:

1. Pressing the print symbol in Word / Windows 95 lol
2. waiting for the miracle print on the needle printer *screeeeeech* or later ink printer *wee wee wee*.
3. huh? printer does not work, lets hit PRINT again 😬
4. document from a coworker comes out of printer. weird lol. MUST PRESS PRINT AGAIN! :ROFLMAO:
5. printer shuts down PAPIERSTAU!!!! / PAPER JAM!!!
Oh, laser jet printers. A whole fabulous world all of its own. How can we pay homage to the wondrous (awful) experiences we had with the laser jet printer? Do we really want to remember how we aged as we waited? How we crumbled into decrepitude, crumbled into dust and eventually disappeared into the earth and the wretched thing was still plodding through the first line.

Otoh, you could always just go and get a coffee and gaze out of the window. If your line manager wanted to know what the hell you were doing you could just murmur, 'Busy. Printing.'

Back