The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

They are charming, aren’t they? But not so, when the typebars gets stuck on one another!
Fair point. I had forgotten that. Tbf, that didn't happen very often, ime. It was usually the stupid ribbon getting itself tangled, if anything was gonna go wrong. And then you have to fix it and you get covered in ink. The professional look at work, lol. :ROFLMAO:

The main problem, of course, was if you made a mistake and had to go back and start all over again. Otoh, that did make you ultra careful and as efficient as you could possibly be so as to avoid that.

Swings and roundabouts!

2dr5jcxjpg.gif

Fair point. I had forgotten that. Tbf, that didn't happen very often, ime. It was usually the stupid ribbon getting itself tangled, if anything was gonna go wrong. And then you have to fix it and you get covered in ink. The professional look at work, lol. :ROFLMAO:

The main problem, of course, was if you made a mistake and had to go back and start all over again.
To me, it's a horrible horror!

I often think: Michael went to a lot of emotional stress in his life. More than most people, I guess.

But he also had this gift and sensitivity to feel and create music, art with his whole body and mind. The flows of highs and high positive energy he must have felt! To have access to this energy and be completely in the moment and in sync with everything must have been so wonderful.

They are charming, aren’t they? But not so, when the typebars gets stuck on one another!

:ROFLMAO: Oh the struggle!

I remember when my Dad finally bought an electronical typewriter. It went off like a machine gun when you used your usual finger hammering technique or stayed on one type for too long. But salvation came in the form of a corrective ribbon!!! :ROFLMAO:

Who remembers this? I still use it today (to correct messy handwriting in letters etc. lol)

1708685911005.png

We have now road construction in front of our house and - starting today - structural renovation in the house. Basically one flat on the ground floor is being torn down and rebuild. (This house is from the 1920s)

Me:
TV gif. Ola Ray as Michael Jackson’s girlfriend in the Thriller video screams in terror, her hands shaking in fear.

How 'Scream' became the craziest video of the 90s | Dazed

We have now road construction in front of our house and - starting today - structural renovation in the house. Basically one flat on the ground floor is being torn down and rebuild. (This house is from the 1920s)

Me:
TV gif. Ola Ray as Michael Jackson’s girlfriend in the Thriller video screams in terror, her hands shaking in fear.

How 'Scream' became the craziest video of the 90s | Dazed'Scream' became the craziest video of the 90s | Dazed
That's terrible 😯😯😯😯
You'll probably have more walks because of this)))))

To me, it's a horrible horror!
hope, I need to borrow this! It's a perfectly concise, perfectly accurate summation of the last 4 weeks of my life.

Horrible horror, indeed! :(

I often think: Michael went to a lot of emotional stress in his life. More than most people, I guess.

But he also had this gift and sensitivity to feel and create music, art with his whole body and mind. The flows of highs and high positive energy he must have felt! To have access to this energy and be completely in the moment and in sync with everything must have been so wonderful.
Wow! Fabulous description of Michael in that gif. Yes to all of this! :D ❤️

:ROFLMAO: Oh the struggle!

I remember when my Dad finally bought an electronical typewriter. It went off like a machine gun when you used your usual finger hammering technique or stayed on one type for too long. But salvation came in the form of a corrective ribbon!!! :ROFLMAO:
Another thing I'd forgotten, lol.

Electric typewriters seemed so groovy but, of course, they brought their own special set of problems / annoyances. They were more temperamental than the old-fashioned workhorses! At least until we got used to them.

I had my own electric typewriter at home, cute little blue thing. Used it for years, loved it to bits!

Who remembers this? I still use it today (to correct messy handwriting in letters etc. lol)

View attachment 3408
oh god, Tippex! The liquid was good but so were the little paper slips. Sometimes the liquid was too thick and blobby, if you weren't careful. Otoh, the paper was so small sometimes it disappeared into the innards of the typewriter. :ROFLMAO:

tipp-ex-typewriter-correction-papers-DCKXDC.jpg

Last edited:
Back