The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

GettyImages-53007357.jpg

He is! Ngl, sometimes when wendi does the emoji thing it can be massive sensory overload for me. It can look really, really awesome but it also blows up my head and not always in a good way. The one @Agonum did landed better. Plus there was some interesting stuff in there. I wasn't sure if the safety pin meant 'punk'. 🤔 I never did the safety pin thing (or the spitting thing - ugh!) so I'm not sure. I really liked it, though!

Interesting - I only learned this year that many of my stress symptoms are related to sensory overload. :D It never occured to me, because I just thought everybody gets severely agitated from , for example, seeing a ton of emojis or a very fast cut film. :LOL:

He is! Ngl, sometimes when wendi does the emoji thing it can be massive sensory overload for me. It can look really, really awesome but it also blows up my head and not always in a good way. The one @Agonum did landed better. Plus there was some interesting stuff in there. I wasn't sure if the safety pin meant 'punk'. 🤔 I never did the safety pin thing (or the spitting thing - ugh!) so I'm not sure. I really liked it, though!
I hate the spitting thing!

Football players spit all the time. Every time there’s a close-up, there’s a spit (loska). Why?!

Um, about the safety pin… my reasoning was that you’ve secured something.

Interesting - I only learned this year that many of my stress symptoms are related to sensory overload. :D It never occured to me, because I just thought everybody gets severely agitated from , for example, seeing a ton of emojis or a very fast cut film. :LOL:
Fast cuts are the worst!

Even worse, though, is starting a song and then cutting it off after just a few seconds. Which they tend to do in most television productions these days! 😡

Interesting - I only learned this year that many of my stress symptoms are related to sensory overload.
I only figured it out about 10 years ago. I mean, I was always aware of it but didn't have an understanding of what was really happening or a label to give it. I understand it much better now so I can manage it better. But I can still be blindsided by something popping up unexpectedly.

It never occured to me, because I just thought everybody gets severely agitated from , for example, seeing a ton of emojis or a very fast cut film.
Funnily enough I'm sometimes OK with fast editing. If it's a music video I tend to prefer it if it's fast edited. That said, yeah, a fast cut film is harder to cope with. It's just one reason I'm not up for action films, for the most part. I think the last one I watched was Terminator 2.

It's also noise. I can cope with explosions in a comic, not so much in a film.

View attachment 3273

I pulled this beautiful artwork from the interwebs.
Credits/file name: LONELY_ by Art By Mimi
@wendijane absolutely loves fan art of Michael. I'm sure she'll love this.

hope, I should've acknowledged all of your recent Michael videos. You're ahead of the game! :)

Who is Tennyson?
What sort of heathen are you? fgs! Lord Alfred Tennyson. 🙄

I don't know if that quote comes from him, I looked online but couldn't find it. But it's possible that it comes from one of his poems.

Fast cuts are the worst!

Even worse, though, is starting a song and then cutting it off after just a few seconds. Which they tend to do in most television productions these days! 😡
This is why I don't like documentaries. The song gets talked over and then gets cut off.

Off with their heads! That's what I say!

Mind blown! I just realized that English ‘asunder’ ought to be related to Swedish ‘sönder’!

Mind blown! I just realized that English ‘asunder’ ought to be related to Swedish ‘sönder’!
What brought this on? I agree, though. They look similar and they pretty much have the same meaning.

EDIT - Swedish and English are said to be quite similar but there isn't much of a tradition of learning Swedish in the UK. Unlike French, Spanish, German.

@Agonum - FYI

Very tired so have only read the opening few paragraphs but it seems interesting.

I only figured it out about 10 years ago. I mean, I was always aware of it but didn't have an understanding of what was really happening or a label to give it. I understand it much better now so I can manage it better. But I can still be blindsided by something popping up unexpectedly.

Funnily enough I'm sometimes OK with fast editing. If it's a music video I tend to prefer it if it's fast edited. That said, yeah, a fast cut film is harder to cope with. It's just one reason I'm not up for action films, for the most part. I think the last one I watched was Terminator 2.

It's also noise. I can cope with explosions in a comic, not so much in a film.
Does any of Michael’s short films have fast edits? Maybe Jam?

@wendijane absolutely loves fan art of Michael. I'm sure she'll love this.

hope, I should've acknowledged all of your recent Michael videos. You're ahead of the game! :)

What sort of heathen are you? fgs! Lord Alfred Tennyson. 🙄

I don't know if that quote comes from him, I looked online but couldn't find it. But it's possible that it comes from one of his poems.

This is why I don't like documentaries. The song gets talked over and then gets cut off.

Off with their heads! That's what I say!
WOW! It’s the guy who wrote ‘Nyårsklockan,’ read every New Year’s Eve by a celebrated cultural profile from Skansen!

What brought this on? I agree, though. They look similar and they pretty much have the same meaning.

EDIT - Swedish and English are said to be quite similar but there isn't much of a tradition of learning Swedish in the UK. Unlike French, Spanish, German.
Just something I realized when stumbling upon ‘asunder.’ It’s really interesting, the connections between languages.

Maybe if Swedish was the tongue of more than a measly nine million people, then maybe (just maybe) it could make sense for it to be taught in the UK. I mean, that has to play a role here, don’t you think?

Does any of Michael’s short films have fast edits? Maybe Jam?
I don't love all of Michael's videos but the ones I do like I'm fine with. Don't cope very well with LMA. It's a good piece of work and very clever but it's very busy. I struggle with that one.

WOW! It’s the guy who wrote ‘Nyårsklockan,’ read every New Year’s Eve by a celebrated cultural profile from Skansen!
Yep. That's Alfred. He's a great poet although sometimes regarded as rather old-fashioned these days. I like his work although I haven't read all of it.

alfred-lord-tennyson-1809---1892-photo-by-rischgitzgetty-images.jpg

@Agonum - FYI

Very tired so have only read the opening few paragraphs but it seems interesting.

giphy.gif

Just something I realized when stumbling upon ‘asunder.’ It’s really interesting, the connections between languages.

Maybe if Swedish was the tongue of more than a measly nine million people, then maybe (just maybe) it could make sense for it to be taught in the UK. I mean, that has to play a role here, don’t you think?
I guess. It is available in the adult education sector but usually only to Level 2. The Western European languages, for example, will be available up to near-uni level even in the community education sector. It would be fairly standard for the popular languages to be available up to what used to be O and A level (in schools that would be the 16 year olds and the 18 year olds). You would certainly have the opportunity to study those languages at advanced conversational level, to read newspapers, to read the literature. Of course, we used to do that at school. For A level French I had to do Flaubert, Andre Gide, Moliere, Francois Mauriac to name only a few. In Spanish we did Lorca, Pio Baroja, Don Quixote. In O level Latin we did Tacitus, Pliny the Elder, Catullus. That probably doesn't happen nowadays. Even in English Literature they don't have to read an entire Shakespeare play (we did one every year). They only have to read one Act, afaik.

I'm derailing myself. I'm on my soapbox, lol. Better get down!

Last edited:
Back