The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Nope. Makes perfect sense. Besides, it's a quote.

If you know anything about Cyd Charisse and her dance style it absolutely makes perfect sense.
Huh. That’s interesting. Are you saying something that makes sense can’t be funny?

Yes, I know it’s a quote. Those can be funny, too.

Huh. That’s interesting. Are you saying something that makes sense can’t be funny?

Yes, I know it’s a quote. Those can be funny, too.
We're using the word 'funny' in different ways, looks like. Plus, no, I don't think it's funny as in ha ha! 🤷‍♀️

<distracted by the need to find Vivienne Westwood / Paris photos>

Robert Moog

800px-Bob_Moog3.jpg
vangelis-studio@2000x1500.jpg

Vangelis

We're using the word 'funny' in different ways, looks like. Plus, no, I don't think it's funny as in ha ha! 🤷‍♀️

<distracted by the need to find Vivienne Westwood / Paris photos>
Are we? I’m using ‘funny’ as in odd, unusual. How about you?

Nope. Makes perfect sense. Besides, it's a quote.

If you know anything about Cyd Charisse and her dance style it absolutely makes perfect sense.
What does she have to do with this phrase?
It was attractive in her biography:
In 1937 she joined the company of the Monte Carlo Russian Ballet and began touring with it in the United States. According to the tradition of the time, she performed under "Russian" pseudonyms: first as Natasha Toulalis, then as Felia Sidorova and Maria Istomina.
And she starred in Singing in the Rain and many other places.

There must be a huge amount of different accents in Russian, mustn’t there? @hope Because of the sheer size of the country, I mean.
Roughly as follows:
193 peoples living in Russia use approximately 277 languages (according to other data - 295) and dialects.
And there are only three dialects of the Russian language.
Despite the fact that Russia ranks first in the world in terms of territory, modern linguists distinguish only three dialects of the Russian language: Northern, Southern and Middle Russian.

What does she have to do with this phrase?
It's from the film she did with Fred Astaire. The Band Wagon. I'll post a vid. Your time stamps are 3m 22s for Cyd Charisse's entrance. 3m 34s for Fred Astaire saying 'she came at me in sections'. If you watch how Cyd moves you'll get it. If you then jump to 8m 27s and watch the 'red dress' dance you'll see it even more clearly.

If you've seen all of this already and know all this stuff, apologies. I get carried away, lol. Cyd Charisse is one of my fave Hollywood dancers. Possibly my top fave.

It was attractive in her biography:
In 1937 she joined the company of the Monte Carlo Russian Ballet and began touring with it in the United States. According to the tradition of the time, she performed under "Russian" pseudonyms: first as Natasha Toulalis, then as Felia Sidorova and Maria Istomina.
And she starred in Singing in the Rain and many other places.
She was a big Hollywood star. 🥰

Roughly as follows:
193 peoples living in Russia use approximately 277 languages (according to other data - 295) and dialects.
And there are only three dialects of the Russian language.
Despite the fact that Russia ranks first in the world in terms of territory, modern linguists distinguish only three dialects of the Russian language: Northern, Southern and Middle Russian.
WOW! That is so strange!

What dialect do you speak?

It's from the film she did with Fred Astaire. The Band Wagon. I'll post a vid. Your time stamps are 3m 22s for Cyd Charisse's entrance. 3m 34s for Fred Astaire saying 'she came at me in sections'. If you watch how Cyd moves you'll get it. If you then jump to 8m 27s and watch the 'red dress' dance you'll see it even more clearly.

If you've seen all of this already and know all this stuff, apologies. I get carried away, lol. Cyd Charisse is one of my fave Hollywood dancers. Possibly my top fave.

She was a big Hollywood star. 🥰
Amazing! This is such a revelation 😍😍😍😯😯😯😯
And there's more about " She was bad and she was dangerous" Looks like Michael liked that movie, gotta see it!!!!
Thanks🙏💕🙏💕🙏🙏🙏💕🙏💕🙏💕

Amazing! This is such a revelation 😍😍😍😯😯😯😯
And there's more about " She was bad and she was dangerous" Looks like Michael liked that movie, gotta see it!!!!
Thanks🙏💕🙏💕🙏🙏🙏💕🙏💕🙏💕
Btw, those emojis look ever so pretty. The shapes and the colours ... they look so good together.

Gotska Sandön, Sverige
Very beautiful photos of Sweden! Our nature is different, although the history of the place where I live is a bit related to Sweden. But I can't share it publicly.

Back