The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

2-stunning-impossible-puzzling-conceptual-landscape-image-of-lake-matthew-gibson.jpg

Yes, you can have all the croissants, lol.

Same in Northern Germany. In 2023 we got the most rain ever. Since weather monitoring starting sometime more than 100 years ago. I'm bad at figures.
I just feel so sorry for the people who are directly affected by this type of thing. Storm Gerrit hit the UK on 27 & 28 December. This little vid shows just some of the damage. The roofs were ripped off by a localised tornado so maybe that would have happened even without Storm Gerrit. It's hard to know. Devastating for those poor people, though.

From The Guardian newspaper

1m 7s

I really love how Vivienne Westwood mixes Punk with Baroque and Renaissance (also Victorian/Edwardian/Romantic) shapes and elements. Very cool and recognizable. Her clothes always look very "organic" and lively.

Last edited:
YES! This is something my younger self would have loved to wear!!!
I love the way she can do the princess thing as well as the teenage punk thing. I don't like all of her outfits but when she hits the mark she looks amazing. I do like Olivia as an artist, as well. She's a really good songwriter, imo.

I really love how Vivienne Westwood mixes Punk with Baroque and Renaissance shapes and elements. Very cool and recognizable. Her clothes always look very "organic" and lively.
Yes! I wanted to post some photos of VW's clothes showing exactly these elements. But you know what I'm like once I get started, I'll just go on and on until the end of time. For the sake of everyone's sanity I thought I'd best stick to just showing a very small selection to give @@mjfanatic777 an idea of what Vivienne Westwood clothes looked like.

But there are so many outfits she designed that show exactly these elements you've highlighted here. Years ago I read an interview with Vivienne Westwood and the journalist pointed out that she essentially does the same thing every time she has a new collection out. Westwood did not take offence because she knew what the journalist was getting at. She agreed that, yes, what she's doing is always searching for the most perfect version of the vision in her head for each garment or outfit that she creates. I absolutely LOVE that. Makes so much sense to me. Like a sculptor trying to find the shape inside the block of marble or whatever.

@bluemoon7

This isn't even the kind of outfit I had in mind in response to your comments. I know exactly which outfits and 'looks' you are referring to. But, anyway, here's Katy Perry wearing VW. I love the drama of this dress.

BRITAIN-ROYALS-CORONATION-0_1683544779172_1683544810796.JPG

Back