The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

I also love Vivienne Westwoods own makeup and hair style. Her face was awesome. She showed us that aging can be badass and beautiful. She had a lot of grace and seemed to be a lovely person.

American soprano Renee Fleming wearing Vivienne Westwood

MET-GALA.jpg

I also love Vivienne Westwoods own makeup and hair style. Her face was awesome. She showed us that aging can be badass and beautiful. She had a lot of grace and seemed to be a lovely person.
Well, that's the thing. I also wanted to go mental posting photos of Vivienne herself. SO many great images of her over the years. But, again, didn't want to overwhelm poor @@mjfanatic777 or anybody else. So I was being ever so well-behaved. I do hope everyone noticed and was suitably grateful. :ROFLMAO:

I also LOVE Zuhair Murad. He has both, the princess and glamour plus the strict shape and reminisence of Art Deco/Jugensdtil in many dresses.

18 (2).jpg13.jpg30.jpg33.jpg

god, don't get me started. I want to post SO many more photos of her.

I also LOVE Zuhair Murad. He has both, the princess and glamour plus the strict shape and reminisence of Art Deco/Jugensdtil in many dresses.
Oh, this is exciting! A new name for me! I don't know this person but these photos, these outfits are fantastic!

I must find out more!

He is from Lebanon
I figured it was somewhere around there bc of his name. This is fantastic!

and has made a career in Europe as well.
So pleased about this.

This photo you posted, the fabric design, I think you can see the influences from his own country / region. I could be mistaken and I can't explain it properly but I'm sure I'm seeing a 'non-Western' (for want of better descriptive vocab) in his design here. His clothes are very Western but also there's something else going on. The sleeves on that dress on the left ...

30-jpg.3213

@Agonum

You seem to quite like insects so this is for you.

In today's Sunday Times, Jeremy Clarkson tells us about something he read in The Times last week. Tom Whipple (journalist, science editor for The Times) wrote that, in the last year, 815 new species have been found. New species of what? Mammal? Insect? Jeremy doesn't say but he does say this: one was a moth thought to be native (and limited to) the southern hemisphere. It was discovered in Ealing, London. A stick insect, thought to be extinct, was found in Australia.

Jeremy Clarkson goes on to tell us that, in the last 12 months, 24 new species of frog and 58 new species of beetle have been found. Now, Jeremy is not a zoologist so he doesn't give us any sources for this info. Unless it's all come from the Tom Whipple article (The Times is behind a paywall, fyi). Anyway, he finishes up with info about parasitic wasps. Apparently, one wasp, discovered in the past 60 years, has helped to save the lives of approx 300 million Africans. This is bc the parasitic wasp can slaughter an infestation of pests really quickly and save the crops.

I can't vouch for any of this but, if true, it counts as good news, imo. So I thought I'd share.

I figured it was somewhere around there bc of his name. This is fantastic!

So pleased about this.

This photo you posted, the fabric design, I think you can see the influences from his own country / region. I could be mistaken and I can't explain it properly but I'm sure I'm seeing a 'non-Western' (for want of better descriptive vocab) in his design here. His clothes are very Western but also there's something else going on. The sleeves on that dress on the left ...

30-jpg.3213

Very true! I think I have read about exactly this in the past. He incorporates his native country/cultural tradition / craftsmanship and elements into his fashion.

Back