The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

What sad news 😟😟😟😟 I really liked his acting in 9-9.
I loved him in 9-9. I wanted to post a little YT clip but all the ones I found were too long and the editing wasn't great so I left it. Apart from that short one I did post, where Amy is late. Hot damn! :ROFLMAO:

He was always stunning in Homicide: Life On The Streets, as well. My fave character in that.

frost-covered-green-rose-hip-leaves-blurred-background-near-river_199743-5448.jpg

My only regret
Is that I never took the time to post

a slew of hippocampus

What about the diving bell spider? Is that a different one? I thought the diving bell spider was the only one that could do the underwater thing. As I said before, I'm no zoologist, lol.

Btw, Agonum, just to be clear. I think the natural world is awesome. All living creatures are awesome. But there are some that don't interest me and a few that gross me out. I think that's different to acknowledging the awesomeness of nature.
Argyroneta aquatica (diving bell spider) is another subaquatic spider, yes. There are quite a few species. The one I posted above (the raft spider) is common especially in the southern parts of England, as well as here in Sweden.

I get the gross out and lack of interest bits. And fish are comparatively toward the bottom of the scale for me in regards to general interest, by the way. As long as the value of biodiversity is understood, it’s all good.

Argyroneta aquatica (diving bell spider) is another subaquatic spider, yes. There are quite a few species. The one I posted above (the raft spider) is common especially in the southern parts of England, as well as here in Sweden.
New information. It's fab!

A Herdwick sheep. Local to the Lake District / Cumbria region of England.
grey-herdie-ewe-large-unmounted-herdwick-sheep-print-2441-1-p.jpg

Traditions are good)))) took a look, nice atmosphere. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, right?
We don't have Christmas until January 7. And we don't celebrate it as much as New Year's. Christmas is more of a church and family holiday.
Yes, it’s tomorrow. I wish we had it like you, with it still being a church holiday. The monetary cog wheels, the stress of giving and getting, the forced happyness, the disgusting food and all the poor animals that’ll have to be slaughtered for the occasion… is all a bit too much. And the hysteria starts almost in October these days!

New Years Eve is the worst day of the year, in my book. I tend to have very dark thoughts around then.

How come you celebrate Christmas in January? That’s interesting!

Don't talk to me about colons. I cannot COPE with the fact that people now use a capital letter after a colon.

fgs!
Really? That’s hilarious!

Well, at least here in Sweden, the rule is that you start with a capital letter after a colon if what follows is a complete sentence.

Yes, it’s tomorrow. I wish we had it like you, with it still being a church holiday. The monetary cog wheels, the stress of giving and getting, the forced happyness, the disgusting food and all the poor animals that’ll have to be slaughtered for the occasion… is all a bit too much. And the hysteria starts almost in October these days!

New Years Eve is the worst day of the year, in my book. I tend to have very dark thoughts around then.

How come you celebrate Christmas in January? That’s interesting!
It's @hope 's story to tell but it's the Great Schism. Surely you've heard of that?

Last edited:
Really? That’s hilarious!

Well, at least here in Sweden, the rule is that you start with a capital letter after a colon if what follows is a complete sentence.
Yeah. That's what used to be called a complete sentence. That would start after a full stop. Colons have a different job. Or they used to. Not any more!

I cannot discuss this. I will go insane!

I guess so. The comments say Turkey. I don't know much about languages at all, that's why I asked.
You will often see plenty of ‘o’ with diaeresis (= ö) in Turkish. So if you see those, there’s a good chance it’s either Turkish, German, or Swedish. There are but a handful more countries with it in its alphabet.

@bluemoon7 will correct me if I'm wrong but I think in Germany they celebrate Christmas Eve in a nice way. I can't remember the details. Is that when they do presents? Is there special food? I know they do something more than we do in the UK.
We have a nice family coffee table and then do presents. After that a nice family dinner. New Years Eve is very important here ... to the kids, especially. Christmas actally starts on this day.

We also have a 2. Weihnachtstag - second day of Christmas (26th)

Don't know what to tell you now
It's never really what they tell you now

i can't bear the thought of trudging back through the mo-fker
:sick:

Yeah. That's what used to be called a complete sentence. That would start after a full stop. Colons have a different job. Or they used to. Not any more!

Sorry, I fumbled with the terminology. Complete clause! Whereas the sentence is what goes before as well as after the colon.

A full sentence can also be ended by other interpunctation than a full stop, of course. Most notably exclamation and question mark as well as ellipsis.

Can you exemplify this kind of use that upsets you? You’ve piqued my interest!

Sorry, I fumbled with the terminology. Complete clause! Whereas the sentence is what goes before as well as after the colon.

A full sentence can also be ended by other interpunctation than a full stop, of course. Most notably exclamation and question mark as well as ellipsis.
@Agonum go and get a drink your'e doing my nut
*of fruit juice

Back