The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Absolutely loved him

1-peter-falk-in-columbo-1971--directed-by-patrick-mcgoohan-vincent-mceveety-and-james-frawley-album.jpg

Bing Crosby / Rudolf med röda mulen

Marking one year since I last posted this Christmas recording, which happens to be one of a mere few that I can stomach. Let’s make it a tradition, shall we? Once a year seems about right.

R
P.S. I've read several newspapers today all of which carry a little story about George Michael's song getting the top spot in the UK Christmas chart. It's a mixed bag with newspapers using No 1 and No.1 but, as far as I can tell, most seem to be using No 1.

So No.1 is not as ubiquitous as I thought.
Yes! There’s still hope for mankind!

Historically in Sweden, we used to put a colon between a word’s first and last letter in contractions. Thus, ‘cirka’ became ‘c:a,’ for instance. This is still in use for a few select words, most notably in ‘S:t’ (‘Sankt’) and ‘k:a’ (‘kyrka’ church).

What? You need more field time, boy!

Dolomedes fimbriatus (kärrspindel/gerandete Jagdspinne/raft spider)
What about the diving bell spider? Is that a different one? I thought the diving bell spider was the only one that could do the underwater thing. As I said before, I'm no zoologist, lol.

Btw, Agonum, just to be clear. I think the natural world is awesome. All living creatures are awesome. But there are some that don't interest me and a few that gross me out. I think that's different to acknowledging the awesomeness of nature.

Bing Crosby / Rudolf med röda mulen

Marking one year since I last posted this Christmas recording, which happens to be one of a mere few that I can stomach. Let’s make it a tradition, shall we? Once a year seems about right.
Traditions are good)))) took a look, nice atmosphere. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, right?
We don't have Christmas until January 7. And we don't celebrate it as much as New Year's. Christmas is more of a church and family holiday.

R

Yes! There’s still hope for mankind!

Historically in Sweden, we used to put a colon between a word’s first and last letter in contractions. Thus, ‘cirka’ became ‘c:a,’ for instance. This is still in use for a few select words, most notably in ‘S:t’ (‘Sankt’) and ‘k:a’ (‘kyrka’ church).
Don't talk to me about colons. I cannot COPE with the fact that people now use a capital letter after a colon.

fgs!

Traditions are good)))) took a look, nice atmosphere. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, right?
We don't have Christmas until January 7. And we don't celebrate it as much as New Year's. Christmas is more of a church and family holiday.
@bluemoon7 will correct me if I'm wrong but I think in Germany they celebrate Christmas Eve in a nice way. I can't remember the details. Is that when they do presents? Is there special food? I know they do something more than we do in the UK.

My translator shows both variants No 1 and No.1 the same way. And this № 1 .
And do you use this sign № ?
I use it all the time. It’s handy.

№ 1, № 2, № 3…

“Jean is coming, Jean is coming…” 🎵

Back