The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

64260_hooded-crow-x-carrion-crow_grakraka-x-svartkraka_corvus-cornix-x-corvus-corone_falsterbokanalen-skane_20210109_1_1000.jpg

The hybrid (Corvus corone × cornix).

Corbies = Corvus? But that would include rooks and jackdaw, too… 🤔
Crows, ravens and rooks are all part of the corvid family. Afaik, it also includes jackdaws, magpies and jays. That's pretty much all I know. The word 'corbies' only seems to be discussed in the context of the Twa Corbies poem and the idea that the birds in the poem / ballad could be crows or ravens.

if we hitched enough birds to those threads maybe they could fly off with em n dispose of them

A murmuration of crows. Personally, I think starlings do it better. They make much better shapes, their murmurations are more beautiful, more interesting, more wild. But this is good.

1m 45s

A murmuration of crows. Personally, I think starlings do it better. They make much better shapes, their murmurations are more beautiful, more interesting, more wild. But this is good.

1m 45s

I thought it was murder of crows? Parliament of rooks? Etc. 🤔

No, the murmuration is the flowing movement. It's not a collective noun. But, usually, when people talk about murmurations, they nearly always mean starlings. Bc starlings are known for it and the ones they do are so much more dramatic.

Here you go. I'm sure you've seen this type of thing. This one is not the most dramatic video but the others are a lot longer and I can't be arsed. This one gives you a good enough idea of what the starlings do compared to the crows.

Hi Zin!! :) How has MJJC been when I was gone?
oh, you know! Just as weird as ever, lol.

How have you been?
Bit up and down but I'm still standing.

Currently singing sacred choral music in my head. As you do! :D

Meant to post a news item for you. Apparently people are pushing for a new National Park to be created in England. I forgot to post it. I'll try to find it. I can't remember which locations are in the running. 🤔

Back