The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

But when could it have been? Could Sly have attended a Triumph tour concert, perchance?

I’m gonna venture a guess that it’s fake.

Edit: Where did you find it?
Just randomly, online.

That photo should be in 1979, or maybe 1980, if I’m not mistaken. Gah! Don’t know what to make of it anymore. The lightning seems to be spot on, and I just noticed Michael’s hand on Sly’s right shoulder.
It was the hand that made me wonder if it was legit. It's pretty much where it should be if it's not fake.

They’re both wearing bow ties!
An awards ceremony? A posh dinner for, I dunno, NAACP or something like that? Black Caucus Awards? I'm just guessing. I'm going to tag @Michaels Lover We need her expert eye!

It's def OTW era.

Can't find out anything about this photo. I hope it isn't photoshopped. 🤷‍♀️

Looks legit.

EDIT - @Michaels Lover Whaddya reckon? Is this photo legit?

MJ-and-SLY.gif
Yes it is!

An awards ceremony? A posh dinner for, I dunno, NAACP or something like that? Black Caucus Awards? I'm just guessing. I'm going to tag @Michaels Lover We need her expert eye!

It's def OTW era.

It's from 1980 american Music Awards

The Sly in the MJ photo, it looks more like he’s wearing what he wore during the 1974 AMAs?

b201c2cbade3b66311a93de76ec53b7d.jpg

i dont like the current thread for sly , needs to b an appreciation thread 🤨 There isn't [Though i'm still looking ]

Well, it's quite a while since I heard it. They did it in 1985, I believe, but I only came across it on YT a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have listened if it was just Iggy but bc Bootsy was in it I gave it a go. Didn't like it. It's quite 'jangly', iirc. I don't know whether you would like it but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say you're not missing anything if you decide not to bother. As I said, the bass line is beautiful but you've got all the jangly stuff on top and Iggy not really doing justice to the lyrics, the feel, the story. His voice just doesn't have the weight. It doesn't even sound as if he understands the story being told. I mean, Iggy has certainly lived the life, I'm sure he does understand the story. I'm sure anyone could relate to those lyrics but I do remember just not feeling convinced by his performance.
listenng to it now

Bc no-one ever interviewed Michael properly. He mentions bands / artists here and there, mostly when he's in J5. But no-one seems to have ever talked to him properly about the music he loved or grew up with. This is why my fantasy of interviewing Michael starts with exactly this. And probably would end there. I'd be happy just to talk to him about this and leave all the rest. I especially want to talk to him about the music of the 60's and very early 70's. That would be my dream. ✨
Ive always said that zin , i feel like they missed out chunks and chunks of m, asking stupid crap when ... ugh , i am so angry about it , thus, why so late on checking stuff out. Like the fabric of everything i have ever listened to .. out . They never did him or sly any justice.

i dont like the current thread for sly , needs to b an appreciation thread 🤨 There isn't [Though i'm still looking ]
Must admit, I'm not mad keen on the actual title. I think that's why I forgot all about it even though I've posted stuff on it. That said, I can't face re-posting everything onto yet another thread. :eek:

The content of the thread is fine. DuranDuran has posted stuff and I have and I think it's OK. But the title is a bit clunky and misleading, somehow. Obviously we can't change the title.

@Agonum, whaddya think? I'm inclined to leave it as it is although I can appreciate wendi's point.

Ive always said that zin , i feel like they missed out chunks and chunks of m, asking stupid crap when ... ugh , i am so angry about it , thus, why so late on checking stuff out. Like the fabric of everything i have ever listened to .. out . They never did him or sly any justice.
The press hasn't been so bad to Sly, imo. They like and respect him and understand his place in the grand scheme of things. They take him seriously unlike the general attitude to Michael. Sly kinda flies under the radar but I think that's partly bc his career ground to a halt far too early. And that's really down to his lifestyle. He just blew up everything. Perhaps not intentionally but it happened, nevertheless. So he's really celebrated, otoh, and yet weirdly low-profile and almost off the radar, otoh.

Michael's troubles with the press, especially the MSM, is a whole different thing. :cry:

So go and look for stuff. It's out there.
it's confusing when its not in front of me ready to go ,but i have listened to some albums today gonna start at the beginning , not going to look at any complications because that is going to confuse me even more , But i want anthology already , I have listened to Life, [some] Riot , [a bit] ... Stand pink album, I gravitate towards, Dance to the music ,i think . But pink album is the one that sticks out so far, and a baby album , black and white cover idk . i can't remember, I noticed the catalogue of Sly is not that vast , nor millions of tracks

it's confusing when its not in front of me ready to go ,but i have listened to some albums today gonna start at the beginning , not going to look at any complications because that is going to confuse me even more , But i want anthology already , I have listened to Life, [some] Riot , [a bit] ... Stand pink album, I gravitate towards, Dance to the music ,i think . But pink album is the one that sticks out so far, and a baby album , black and white cover idk . i can't remember, I noticed the catalogue of Sly is not that vast , nor millions of tracks
Yeah, like I said, his discography is not that big bc it all ended far too soon. The band was over by mid-70's. I'm quite sure he had more in him. He did do some solo albums. I never listened to them, they didn't do well, I know nothing about them. I just stick the Family Stone stuff.

I have never watched the Oprah interview in its entirety, just fragments here and there.
:unsure: its
Bloddy no wonder zin , it is chopped n screwed on you tube, this is the only full version i can see !
I sat and watched this live, vhs in! i was GOOD , I WAS SCREAMING. to be breathing at the same time as MICahel . it was late. I was a happy kid that night / early morning.

power of mike power of mike power of mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please god please god oh please god ill be good this week if that pic is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal please god make it real

But when could it have been? Could Sly have attended a Triumph tour concert, perchance?
look like one of those early 80s awards show???? um.. he wouldnt f dress like that for a gig surely not ffs

hmmmm........look how he dressed in that interview you showed me last night , first time i seen a star dress so casual............

My guess, very early 80s.
{i am willing this guys] please power of mike be real

Just randomly, online.

It was the hand that made me wonder if it was legit. It's pretty much where it should be if it's not fake.

It's def OTW era.
quick thinking zin well done

Back