The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

So real . everything is really aligning here zin
Now, it's really funny you saying that bc I was just thinking the same thing. Last week you could not have been less interested in Sly. You even said you didn't like him (based on nowt, I might add, lol). And look at you now. I think Agonum's intervention was meant to happen at precisely this moment.

really ? long time supporter babe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 wow! love that ! wow i can see the attraction
Well, that's totally not my vocab. I'm not a fan of anyone, I'm not a supporter of anyone. I like people and their art. I don't support them. BUT ... he is one of my guys. And he's one of my top guys. He kind of blew up his own career so he hasn't got much of a discography but, omg, the songs he did write? Awesome! I'll always love the guy.

oh my god babe! well . i don't blame you ! iv'e never seen anyone so ...well, i don't know ..magnetic ? i know there was james b, and stevie and o jays and idk earth wind fire around that time , not ever known sly here
EWF were a bit later, doll. I think they got started really late 60's (Sly was already doing his thing) and started to have hits in the 70's (Sly had blown up his career at this point). Plus, EWF were more disco / R&B / soul than funk although they def included funk elements and it could be argued back and forth how and where they fit in with Sly or Funkadelic or any of them. For me, they are very, very different to those bands.

Oh , noo no fs sorry no sorry zin i was thinking of a scene in menace II society it keeps flashing up , um no i'm seeing stars currently hes so different to me , omg he is so everything . i need more no i dont yes i
Er, OK. Don't know what any of this is so ... moving swiftly on, lol.

i didn't want to go further i know :eek::eek:🤯

:) i like sly
Seriously, don't tempt me!

tar very much babe x

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111:eek:
edit- and ive listened to this ten times now.!
Yeah, it's an awesome song. Just perfection, imo.

well , its ....wait- ..
oh bugger :unsure::eek: im shocked :unsure: Hang on , ................ lyrically ...:unsure::eek:.....absolutely . oh dear!
Yes, exactly. It hits hard this one.

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰😍 hes so um ... omg the songs are so meaningful , ~~~ powerful , the message , the draw , the draw , that pull ...i can't ...the unity , his mindset [ of what i'ce seen]
~~~~and the beauty , FASHION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~###and the sparkle !
This is why he's one of my top guys. And why he's so important.

I like this Sly guy
Seriously, don't tempt me!

It's nice having all of this Sly stuff in one place. Agonum did a good thing there, posting so many vids.

coffee_tea.png

Larry later had his own band.
Edit - drakes uncle gotcha
Well. He can PLAY i know that much , bit hairy , mindset ? not sure ... anything else? :unsure:
SHINY THO!:eek:
SCREAMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

why didnt m talk about him? unless he did ?
Bc no-one ever interviewed Michael properly. He mentions bands / artists here and there, mostly when he's in J5. But no-one seems to have ever talked to him properly about the music he loved or grew up with. This is why my fantasy of interviewing Michael starts with exactly this. And probably would end there. I'd be happy just to talk to him about this and leave all the rest. I especially want to talk to him about the music of the 60's and very early 70's. That would be my dream. ✨

I've posted Sly photos in the Fashion In Music thread. Ages ago. You clearly have not been paying attention. Do not collect the money. Do not pass Go!
thats because he was just a bloke , but .. now he's sly . i'll hold brb i must collect the pic zin!

It’s annoying, ‘Sly’ is too short a name to do a search with, and ‘Stone’ returns quite a few threads on Rolling Stones Magazine.

What I found are

This, and this; the latter seems to be the closest thing to a “Sly thread” that is available.

Last edited:
It’s annoying, ‘Sly’ is to short a name to do a search with, and ‘Stone’ returns quite a few threads on Rolling Stones Magazine.

What I found are

This, and this; the latter seems to be the closest thing to a “Sly thread” that is available.
Searching can sometimes be a pain. Sometimes stuff comes up and then other times it doesn't even if you use the correct keywords. 🤷‍♀️

Back