The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

why does he wear that star i want it ive noticed its there alot ! if its not its the LOCK! chain thing :eek: :love: :love: :love: :love: ✨ :love:
whos the annoying bloke who cant sing in that star video [pink sunnies]

I’ve noticed that everyone who does Dirty Diana has a kind of awkward pronunciation of “Dirty Diana." I guess it has to do with one being used to Michael’s way of doing it. But to me, it highlights his genius.
michael?

celebrities-look-alikes-5bb4d17e59bc5__700.jpg

Scarlett Johansson And Christopher Walken 😱

i see he has a sister and freddie is his brother ,
Er, yeah. Sly and the FAMILY Stone, lol.

Talking of family, have you listened to Family Affair? Bc you're missing out if you haven't.

I like his style ....First inspection , hes a bit michaely to me
Uh, no.

oh babe :( !!!!! yeah you like him n all don't you
Well, y'know. Only since I was about 7 or 8. You think I was reading 'Five Go Mad In Aldi'? Or 'Timmy Doesn't Like Aldi Bc Dogs Aren't Allowed In There'? Um, no. Listening to pirate radio and other people's Sly Stone records.

yes i hate that bit babe yeah oh im all bloody f excited babe! oh ! wait even spike lee films
????? Spike? I missed that. I know the upcoming doc is supposed to have Questlove involved.

yeah i get it , Hmmmm. omg hes so beautiful
Er, you wasn't sayin' that last week, doll. :ROFLMAO:

:eek:its like........eyes............................................... hes really lovely i never say this about people!
In his heyday he was.

Listen to this, girl. See if it doesn't resonate. This is my top fave.

Family Affair - 1971

zip it! i'm studying here so shush !

mweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111

whos that girl at the end of that 1974 interview video he carried it off! smack smack ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
im all shiny !

why does he wear that star i want it ive noticed its there alot ! if its not its the LOCK! chain thing :eek: :love: :love: :love: :love: ✨ :love:
The star is like a signature thing.

why didnt m talk about him? unless he did ? did he in Oprah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? i think he did mention the band of sly? i don't ever recall much ????????????????????????/... i mean i wouldv'e picked up !? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// unless im ooh:eek: hes idk i ...so sparkly :eek: !?

Talking of family, have you listened to Family Affair? Bc you're missing out if you haven't.

Uh, no.

Well, y'know. Only since I was about 7 or 8. You think I was reading 'Five Go Mad In Aldi'? Or 'Timmy Doesn't Like Aldi Bc Dogs Aren't Allowed In There'? Um, no. Listening to pirate radio and other people's Sly Stone records.

????? Spike? I missed that. I know the upcoming doc is supposed to have Questlove involved.

In his heyday he was.

Listen to this, girl. See if it doesn't resonate. This is my top fave.

Family Affair - 1971

zin ty video
checking

why didnt m talk about him? unless he did ? did he in Oprah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? i think he did mention the band of sly? i don't ever recall much ????????????????????????/... i mean i wouldv'e picked up !? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// unless im ooh:eek: hes idk i ...so sparkly :eek: !?
I've posted Sly photos in the Fashion In Music thread. Ages ago. You clearly have not been paying attention. Do not collect the money. Do not pass Go!

Have you heard Iggy Pop’s and Bootsy’s cover of Family Affair? 😳 I just found out of its existence.
god, I can't stand it. Awful, imo. I'm not up for cover versions at the best of times (there are always exceptions, of course. Jimi / All Along The Watchtower) but this really, REALLY does not work for me.

The bass line is beautiful - of course! - but the song overall? They've turned it into something twee and almost jolly. Completely destroyed the atmosphere, imo.

Iggy's voice is not up to the task. My interest in Iggy doesn't go very far. I love The Passenger and I love the famous photo of him.

This one:
rs-237547-GettyImages-74312733.jpg

To pay homage to Sly and his importance in the grand scheme of things is great. But that cover version leaves me cold. I've only listened to it 2 or 3 times. I don't want to hear it ever again, that's for sure.

god, I can't stand it. Awful, imo. I'm not up for cover versions at the best of times (there are always exceptions, of course. Jimi / All Along The Watchtower) but this really, REALLY does not work for me.

The bass line is beautiful - of course! - but the song overall? They've turned it into something twee and almost jolly. Completely destroyed the atmosphere, imo.

Iggy's voice is not up to the task. My interest in Iggy doesn't go very far. I love The Passenger and I love the famous photo of him.

This one:
rs-237547-GettyImages-74312733.jpg

To pay homage to Sly and his importance in the grand scheme of things is great. But that cover version leaves me cold. I've only listened to it 2 or 3 times. I don't want to hear it ever again, that's for sure.
Oh, thank you, that’ll spare me from having to hear it!

So real . everything is really aligning here zin
Talking of family, have you listened to Family Affair?
whats that
Bc you're missing out if you haven't.
no never
edit- you showed me ! 😍 [TY]
i'm surprised m didn't speak on him like he did jame ?!!
Well, y'know. Only since I was about 7 or 8.
really ? long time supporter babe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 wow! love that ! wow i can see the attraction
You think I was reading 'Five Go Mad In Aldi'? Or 'Timmy Doesn't Like Aldi Bc Dogs Aren't Allowed In There'?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:🥰
Um, no. Listening to pirate radio and other people's Sly Stone records.
oh my god babe! well . i don't blame you ! iv'e never seen anyone so ...well, i don't know ..magnetic ? i know there was james b, and stevie and o jays and idk earth wind fire around that time , not ever known sly here
????? Spike? I missed that.
Oh , noo no fs sorry no sorry zin i was thinking of a scene in menace II society it keeps flashing up , um no i'm seeing stars currently hes so different to me , omg he is so everything . i need more no i dont yes i dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111 i bloody do hahah
I know the upcoming doc is supposed to have
a new thing :) :eek:
Questlove involved.
that bloke is all over youtube!
i didn't want to go further i know :eek::eek:🤯
In his heyday he was.
:) i like sly
Listen to this, girl.
tar very much babe x
See if it doesn't resonate. This is my top fave.
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111:eek:
edit- and ive listened to this ten times now.!
well , its ....wait- ..
oh bugger :unsure::eek: im shocked :unsure: Hang on , ................ lyrically ...:unsure::eek:.....absolutely . oh dear!
Family Affair - 1971

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰😍 hes so um ... omg the songs are so meaningful , ~~~ powerful , the message , the draw , the draw , that pull ...i can't ...the unity , his mindset [ of what i'ce seen]
~~~~and the beauty , FASHION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~###and the sparkle !

:eek:🤯
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111111I like this Sly guy

Oh, thank you, that’ll spare me from having to hear it!
Well, it's quite a while since I heard it. They did it in 1985, I believe, but I only came across it on YT a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have listened if it was just Iggy but bc Bootsy was in it I gave it a go. Didn't like it. It's quite 'jangly', iirc. I don't know whether you would like it but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say you're not missing anything if you decide not to bother. As I said, the bass line is beautiful but you've got all the jangly stuff on top and Iggy not really doing justice to the lyrics, the feel, the story. His voice just doesn't have the weight. It doesn't even sound as if he understands the story being told. I mean, Iggy has certainly lived the life, I'm sure he does understand the story. I'm sure anyone could relate to those lyrics but I do remember just not feeling convinced by his performance.

Well, it's quite a while since I heard it. They did it in 1985, I believe, but I only came across it on YT a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have listened if it was just Iggy but bc Bootsy was in it I gave it a go. Didn't like it. It's quite 'jangly', iirc. I don't know whether you would like it but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say you're not missing anything if you decide not to bother. As I said, the bass line is beautiful but you've got all the jangly stuff on top and Iggy not really doing justice to the lyrics, the feel, the story. His voice just doesn't have the weight. It doesn't even sound as if he understands the story being told. I mean, Iggy has certainly lived the life, I'm sure he does understand the story. I'm sure anyone could relate to those lyrics but I do remember just not feeling convinced by his performance.
I trust you on this!

brb , gott get a teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back