The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Hm, you've changed your tune!

Anyway ...

"Of course, in a sense, Stone was ever-present in pop music throughout his lost years, albeit at one remove. You didn’t have to be a genius to work out that Prince had modelled the Revolution on Sly and the Family Stone – a multiracial lineup, music that existed on the cusp of soul and rock – and when hip-hop and sampling arrived, his influence was more obvious still. One website lists nearly 1,000 tracks that sampled his work (Stone says his favourite was Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation, and that he also liked Arrested Development’s People Everyday). You could see why people wanted a full-blown comeback, but it never happened, and now it never will, his newfound sobriety notwithstanding. His health issues, he says, “haven’t stopped me from hearing music, but they have stopped me from making it”. Then he adds something else. I don’t know if it’s intended as such – it’s just a line in an email – but it seems rather sad and wistful: “I can hear music in my mind.”
zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn @zinniabooklover 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 :coffee:

71I8-hZtVhL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Hm, you've changed your tune!
Anyway ...

"Of course, in a sense, Stone was ever-present and when hip-hop and sampling arrived, his influence was more obvious still. One website lists nearly 1,000 tracks that sampled his work (Stone says his favourite was Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation,
don't like ryth nation
sampled in hiphop , oh wait what ive been listening to sly all along?
and that he also
hes so sparkly and alluring idk ! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
liked Arrested Development’s People Everyday).
:eek:what he liked it too?
You could see why people wanted a full-blown comeback, but it never happened, and now it never will, his newfound sobriety notwithstanding.
oh!
His health issues, he says, “haven’t stopped me from hearing music, but they have stopped me from making it”
oh! oh no! no oh
. Then he adds something else. I don’t know if it’s intended as such – it’s just a line in an email – but it seems rather sad and wistful: “I can hear music in my mind.”
o! 😢

cnsy whats that ?
oh my , hes really oh my god i weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back