The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Do it.

It doesn't really matter. No-one will read the first post and then start fretting just bc the title doesn't contain the same vocab. Plus, if it's merged with a new thread, presumably the old wording is retained, anyway. Not sure how the merging thing works.

wendi seems to understand it.
It’s not a question of mismatched vocabularies, but rather that the opening post dictates the thread’s general direction and limits. Its function is the same as that of an abstract in relation to a thesis, or the ingress in relation to an article. I don’t find it optimal in this case, is what I’m saying.

It’s not a question of mismatched vocabularies, but rather that the opening post dictates the thread’s general direction and limits. Its function is the same as that of an abstract in relation to a thesis, or the ingress in relation to an article. I don’t find it optimal in this case, is what I’m saying.
I think you're over-thinking it, but ... w/e. 🤷‍♀️

Fun_Fail.gif

Yes, I can’t help but. You asked for my opinion, though!
Er, strictly speaking, I didn't! I made an observation / wrote a brief comment. I don't think the wording of my comment qualifies as me seeking your opinion.

I wrote this:
It doesn't really matter. No-one will read the first post and then start fretting just bc the title doesn't contain the same vocab. Plus, if it's merged with a new thread, presumably the old wording is retained, anyway. Not sure how the merging thing works.
I disagree that the opening comment in a thread is in any way comparable to an abstract for an academic dissertation. Lots of people don't even bother reading a thread right from the beginning, anyway. So I don't think it matters either way.

Looks like wendi is having second thoughts on this so it's all a bit redundant at this stage. Personally, I don't really care. There is an active thread celebrating Sly Stone. The title could have been better written but it's not a big deal, imo. There is a space for posting stuff, that's the main thing.

Er, strictly speaking, I didn't! I made an observation / wrote a brief comment. I don't think the wording of my comment qualifies as me seeking your opinion.

I wrote this:

I disagree that the opening comment in a thread is in any way comparable to an abstract for an academic dissertation. Lots of people don't even bother reading a thread right from the beginning, anyway. So I don't think it matters either way.

Looks like wendi is having second thoughts on this so it's all a bit redundant at this stage. Personally, I don't really care. There is an active thread celebrating Sly Stone. The title could have been better written but it's not a big deal, imo. There is a space for posting stuff, that's the main thing.
ooh zin , no its up babe :) i was having a doo dah i needed purple on the star emoiji for the thread title - but it came up yellow only

That’s interesting. Not in any way, you say?

to be fair the ' other thread' is a little old when it was made , made 2010 ? ... earlier? and good and intresting things have happened since then , . example , mj is slightly connected to sly [ estate] so a thread like that ~ needs to be more ... celebrated if you like , ill ask @Hiker see what she says about the merging situation xoxoxo

oh, ffs! Do we have to start freakin' posting stuff all over again?

jesu wept!
nooo we can add what we want , there are no rules zin , it's there a 'better' title but see if we can merge the two , the more recent one on top i still think its a good idea

Back