The Investigation Surrounding Conrad Murray Thread (ALL POSTS/ARTICLES on Charges, etc. GO HERE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, obviously something happened in that house and Murray, by his own admission did something wrong. Why do I get the feeling that the general public's hatred of Michael is going to go a long way in letting Murray off the hook? I swear. If this were anyone else that had died, John and Jane R. Regular-person would care less about Murray's excuses. And he would have been charged a long time ago.

Last edited:
they are most likely waiting for the crim case to be over with. the police can stop the civil case as it will interfere with a crim one. murray has insurance i presume

Yeah just saw the story on the BBC Breaking News ticker... does BBC often run with false stories? They are a trusted source but if they get it from an untrusted one then I guess we don't know. Hopefully we have a development in the upcoming days :angel:

yeah i saw that but im surprised they ran with it so quick they normally wait. especially the way its written on the ticker.it looks like its confirmed when the info is false

Michael Jackson doctor not due to surrender: lawyer
Dan Whitcomb
LOS ANGELES
Tue Feb 2, 2010 4:33pm ESTRelated NewsOfficial says no charge yet against Jackson doctor

Wed, Oct 28 2009LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Jackson's doctor is in Los Angeles for meetings with his lawyers but has not been asked to surrender to authorities or appear in court in connection with the pop singer's death, his lawyer said on Tuesday.

Speculation about possible charges against Dr. Conrad Murray has been brewing for months after the county coroner's office ruled that Jackson's death in Los Angeles on June 25 was a homicide by drug overdose.

Murray, a cardiologist with offices in Houston and Las Vegas, was hired to care for Jackson while the entertainer prepared for a series of comeback concerts in London.

Ed Chernoff, Murray's lead attorney, confirmed that the physician was in Los Angeles but said that, contrary to reports in the media, no court appearance had been ordered or scheduled for this week.

"Yes, he's in Los Angeles, he's here to meet with his lawyers and to visit with his family," Chernoff told Reuters. "But, look, if the cops want him he's not hiding. We'll be happy to surrender him and they know that."

Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, said that she was aware of the stories in the media but declined to confirm them.

"We've got nothing pending right now," Gibbons said.

The coroner determined that propofol and the sedative Lorazepam were the main drugs that caused Jackson's death at age 50.

Chernoff said that he asked Murray to travel to Los Angeles for a meeting with members of the defense team, but had not been asked by prosecutors or police to surrender his client and could not say if charges were imminent.

"I don't think they should be filing charges at all," he said.

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Eric Beech)

Lawyer: Michael Jackson's doctor to surrender

By Alan Duke, CNN
February 2, 2010 -- Updated 2216 GMT (0616 HKT)

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Dr. Conrad Murray expects to surrender to Los Angeles authorities this week on charges relating to the death of Michael Jackson, his lawyer told CNN on Tuesday. "Dr. Murray is more than ready to surrender and answer to any charges," said Ed Chernoff. Prosecutors have not announced any charges, however, and Murray has not been told how or where he should surrender, Chernoff said. Murray traveled to Los Angeles from his home in Houston, Texas, last week in anticipation of possible charges, which he expects to be announced within 24 to 48 hours, Chernoff said.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/02/michael.jackson.charges/index.html

I don't think the 2 conflicting stories should be posted... we don't know whats right yet. Should we wait until we know for sure whats going on?

BBC:

Michael Jackson's doctor 'to be charged over death'

Michael Jackson's doctor is expected to be charged with the singer's involuntary manslaughter, US media reports say.

A spokeswoman for Dr Conrad Murray said he is expected to surrender to authorities within the next 48 hours.

If Dr Murray is charged, a judge would decide if he should then go on trial.

Michael Jackson's death, at the age of 50, in Los Angeles on 25 June last year was ruled as homicide, mainly caused by an anaesthetic.

A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorneys office told the BBC that so far nothing had been filed against Dr Murray.

Involuntary manslaughter occurs when a death is the indirect result of negligence or recklessness. A conviction can carry a lengthy prison sentence.

Powerful anaesthetic

If he is charged, the doctor would face a hearing at which a judge would consider the evidence and decide whether Dr Murray should go on trial.

Jackson's death was primarily caused by the powerful anaesthetic Propofol, the Los Angeles coroner confirmed in August.

A cocktail of drugs - also including sedatives Midazolam and Diazepam, the painkiller Lidocaine and the stimulant Ephedrine - were detected in his body.

Dr Murray told police he had been giving Jackson Propofol as part of his treatment for insomnia, according to an affidavit made public in August.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8494682.stm

So far, I really trust BBC.
This kind of statements, might as well be part of some kind of strategy of Murray and his lawyers.

Murderers lawyers and a spokesperson for the legalized crime organization LAPD, officially denied the reports right?

So far... TMZ, LA Times, AP, CNN, BBC....

and counting.

We can but wait, see and pray (for those of us who believe in this).

This is extremely frustrating.
As usual, there is simply nothing else we can do.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

Why am I bothering to read all this when I cant belive any of it!!!

I wish I could just ban myself from looking at this thread!!!

I don't think the 2 conflicting stories should be posted... we don't know whats right yet. Should we wait until we know for sure whats going on?

the stories arent really conflicting except for the first ones that said he would surrender tomorrow.thats been denied. al lthe other just saycharges are expected. well theyve been expected for weeks. things are obviously moving along and something will happen very soon by the looks of things but so far the media have jumped the gun as normal.D,A has denied it so doesnt matter what the BBC are saying

I'm confused...where have they got this info from? BBC news doesn't normally take something and run like this does it?

bbc have taken the first report that came out saying he will surrender tomorrow.that has since been denied by murrays lawyer and the D.A. they havnt caught up yet

I want to belive that i can trust the BBC - that was the channel I waited for in june :(

I just so dont wanna get my hopes up.

I don't either. We'll have to wait and see but its unlike the BBC to run with a story so quickly like this. I'm just praying that Murray will be charged in the next few days, I don't know how much false hope I can take much longer.

The BBC have changed 'surrender tomorrow' to 'surrender within the next 48 hours.'

bbc have taken the first report that came out saying he will surrender tomorrow.that has since been denied by murrays lawyer and the D.A. they havnt caught up yet

Did the lawyer deny that?

BBC:

"A spokeswoman for Dr Conrad Murray said he is expected to surrender to authorities within the next 48 hours. "

and then:

"A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorneys office told the BBC that so far nothing had been filed against Dr Murray.

We have to wait.
what other sources would you suggest?
So far, I really have the best reasons to trust BBC and their sources, but well... you never ever know!

Did the lawyer deny that?
the lawyer denied he will surrender tomorrow as the meida reported. but he expects charges to be filed this week although he has no evidence to suggest that will happen. his lawyer ahs been saying this for the last week. its P.R

have no doubt that murray will be charged. at the moment its mind games from his lawyers. something is obviously brewing

The BBC have now 'updated' the article, so now rather than seeming rushed it has a few pictures, more info and is part of Michaels section on the website. No new information though and you're right... it uses both 'within 48 hours' and 'no charges yet' quotes. Looks promising I think :)

yes like always, nothing happens, we MJ fans waiting in vain.
I guess the worst has already happened anyway.. we have already lost him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back