The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

“Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round” is a good song and I’ll die on that hill. Nothing spectacular, but it’s an interesting little experiment.
Of course it is nothing spectacular it is a very rough demo with zero comprehensible lyrics apart from the title

Of course it is nothing spectacular it is a very rough demo with zero comprehensible lyrics apart from the title
PS could the bad 25 demo be one of earliest ones considering Michael does the throat Oh Oh sound he often did during the early 80s with the Jacksons. I don’t recall him doing those post Thriller’

I don’t think that matters tbh. Plenty of MJ demos are mostly mumbling (“In the Back,” “Al Capone,” “Days in Gloucestershire”) and they’re still excellent. It’s all about the vibe and the music.

I don’t think that matters tbh. Plenty of MJ demos are mostly mumbling (“In the Back,” “Al Capone,” “Days in Gloucestershire”) and they’re still excellent. It’s all about the vibe and the music.
Yeah but none of them have the wow factor because of the state they are in. It are good basic ideas nothing more nothing less

I used to love TYLA back when it first leaked and I listened to it every single day for 2 years. Back during that time I'd say it was easily the best unreleased MJ song there was but now that we have the song in better quality I can hear that it's actually a weak song. My main problem with it is that the vocals lack substance and make the song sound pretty dull in return.

The 2010 remix sort of brought back my liking for the song though, those strings at the end are seriously amazing and I've been listening to that part on repeat for a while now. I don't know if that's just the excitement of hearing new MJ material and if it'll fade away soon but the strings Neff-U did is the only redeeming quality of the remix and of the song overall lol.

Last edited:
According to Brad Sundberg PoF wasn't considered for the album.
So, all the work at Westlake was just for the Pepsi spot?

According to Brad Sundberg PoF wasn't considered for the album.
So, all the work at Westlake was just for the Pepsi spot?
Where else would they work on the song? I don't think everything recorded at Westlake meant inclusion on an album

When it comes to unreleased stuff I love songs that have their own distinctive vibe. There's nothing in Mike's discography like Don't Be Messin' Round, Ghost Of Another Lover, In The Back, Beautiful Girl or Days In Gloucestershire for example.

I'm not sure how songs like these would have fit on albums, but I love that Mike was experimenting and trying to push his productions in different directions

The Loren song i do love however is Superfly Sister.
Here’s a real hot take: Superfly Sister is one of Michael’s most boring and uninteresting songs. The only Michael Jackson song with Bryan Loren that is unambiguously great in my eyes is “Mind Is the Magic”, which funnily enough, and if I recall correctly, is the song from their collaborations that Michael liked and Loren disliked the most.

Last edited:
Here’s a real hot take: Superfly Sister is one of Michael’s most boring and uninteresting songs. The only Michael Jackson song with Bryan Loren that is unambiguously great in my eyes is “Mind Is the Magic”, which funnily enough, and if I recall correctly, is the song from their collaborations that Michael liked and Loren disliked the most.
Hi!

It remains subjective I don't personally find, superfly sister has always inspired me.

Well that sucks because Superfly Sister bangs.

When it comes to unreleased stuff I love songs that have their own distinctive vibe. There's nothing in Mike's discography like Don't Be Messin' Round, Ghost Of Another Lover, In The Back, Beautiful Girl or Days In Gloucestershire for example.

I'm not sure how songs like these would have fit on albums, but I love that Mike was experimenting and trying to push his productions in different directions
And I'm pretty sure songs like Boy No, Rocker and Adore You belong to this list. It's Mike's experimentation and art in its purest form.

My main problem with Superfly Sister is how long and repetitive it is; if it were shorter and had more things going on in the track, I’d enjoy it a lot more.
I suppose that's fair but you're meant to be doing things. Like dance.

My main problem with Superfly Sister is how long and repetitive it is; if it were shorter and had more things going on in the track, I’d enjoy it a lot more.
These sound like pretty good ideas. It would at least be something new and interesting (since The Estate isn't doing that part of their job lol 💀). If you know how Michael could've changed things to make it better, maybe you can take the track and edit it the way you'd like. You might not be able to release it on YouTube without trouble from Sony... BUT; Michael was a rebel, and he loved us rebels, so you could try posting it anyway. 👀

Like Michael always said: "Study The Greats And Become Greater." 🤣 That includes him, too. 🤭 LMFAO!

Michael's been gone a long time so if you can make "Superfly Sister" better than him, then I think you should go for it. 🥳✨

Imo the remix isn't as bad as people said it would be—though it's not anything to write home about either and you can tell from the get-go why it didn't make it to the Michael album, I still kind of like it. The new strings are very catchy, especially towards the end of the song and at the part where MJ sings "da da da".

Though I'm probably just saying this because of novelty bias, after the hype goes away I don't think I'd listen to this instead of the 1988 demo. At the end of the day it's still a downgrade from the original lol.
When you say original, what file are you referring to?

I'll be your cell mate. I still disagree and yet on a melodic level, I get it.
Yes let’s be cell mates, but dibs on the top bunker bed. But for real though, at least GYWOOM has a clear direction and a clear melody unlike TYLA which seems to be all over the place. I believe the bridge on the latter is wonderful, perhaps one of his best ever, but those verses could be better imo.

To me, TYLA sounds like a hit that never got the chance to become one.
Here the man who told Oprah that he is married to his work sings “Now I must find, there’s no love in my life.”
TYLA is super direct and honest.
But what is he really saying on the song though, save for the chorus and bridge? I have a hard time figuring out the overall direction of the song both on a lyrical and thematic level as well as on a melodic melody. But as I said before, the bridge is very nice.

But what is he really saying on the song though, save for the chorus and bridge? I have a hard time figuring out the overall direction of the song both on a lyrical and thematic level as well as on a melodic melody. But as I said before, the bridge is very nice.
I believe he's just saying placeholder lyrics for the melody but the chorus is fleshed out.

Trying to figure out how finding no love equals throwing your life away

I was always wrong and never right I think is the first verse

Michael's life up to and including HIStory was very career-oriented. A tough fight for success, a tough fight against the media, rumors and accusations. There was little time for relationships and family. During the Bad Tour he perhaps became more and more aware that he was missing something. After all, he was 30 at the time he recorded TYLA. An age at which his siblings already had families of their own.

I believe he's just saying placeholder lyrics for the melody but the chorus is fleshed out.

Trying to figure out how finding no love equals throwing your life away
I don’t think that’s placeholder lyrics at all. I can [almost] hear everything he says and those a real words with rhymes and punchlines etc. It’s more intelligible than Tabloid Junkie for example, lol.

Regarding the second part, that makes sense. It’s a deep topic, but even though I’m not to fond of the song in that current state. Perhaps some work was done to that song post Quincy and pre Neff-U.

Mind is the Magic is a good song, but it doesn't have much going for it besides the chorus. Superfly Sister is an Interesting song, its more of a song you have to think about

I opened this thread and accidentally opened to the first post. Things have changed since then. I chuckle when I read there are only 10’s to 20’s tracks left. Do you think MJ only has this left after he worked in music for 40 years? That’s laughable. There are a lot of songs remaining that can be released in some sort of form. The Estate has fed us a line of bs since 2009. Release some fricking music already MJ himself said the best is yet to come. How stupid does the Estate think we are. I’ve managed to obtain more than 20 tracks since his death. Smfh

Back