The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

It’s GOAL. “Ghosts” essentially started out as an unused Teddy Riley instrumental from the Dangerous sessions that later developed in 1996. The leaked first demo recorded in 1996 is the very first vocal take of that song.
Is there a link to this?

Getting back on track. I'm ready to hear unreleased material from The Jacksons. That Girl was considered for Destiny and Triumph and originally scheduled to appear on the former but was replaced by Blame it on the Boogie. Bobby Colomby, who was responsible for The Jacksons with Epic said Blame It On The Boogie and Push Me Away were recorded first. Epic wanted Blame It On The Boogie on the album because they wanted to guarantee at least one hit on Destiny since they planned on dropping them after Goin' Places.

If they use the technology The Beatles used on Now and Then to extract the vocal, and recreate a mix that's similar to this one, then I think it would be great
Unfortunately, that technology is currently only available to Peter Jackson, his team, and Giles Martin, who’s behind the remixed Beatles albums; it doesn’t seem like they intend on sharing it, either.

You are 100% wrong. This was recorded from a CD in my car back in 2022. The audio system isn't as great and the bass was set very high (as always).

This is NOT a seminar recording. I can share the exact HQ snippet if you insist.

Plus, the recording of MIB is literally garbage in terms of sound quality. People who have heard it know this.
Please share “Don’t Believe It”, then. You will immediately gain credibility if you do.

People who LARP as collectors, confidently and constantly share so-called “information” regarding unreleased songs to the community, and then bitch out when people (rightfully) ask them to back up such information should be immediately banned from ever participating on this thread; we’ve had many such cases of people just like this, and I believe I speak for most when I say we’ve had enough of it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that technology is currently only available to Peter Jackson, his team, and Giles Martin, who’s behind the remixed Beatles albums; it doesn’t seem like they intend on sharing it, either.
I think if the Estate aren't actively negotiating this right now, around the time of the biopic, there'll definitely be a renewed interest in this idea.

Getting back on track. I'm ready to hear unreleased material from The Jacksons. That Girl was considered for Destiny and Triumph and originally scheduled to appear on the former but was replaced by Blame it on the Boogie. Bobby Colomby, who was responsible for The Jacksons with Epic said Blame It On The Boogie and Push Me Away were recorded first. Epic wanted Blame It On The Boogie on the album because they wanted to guarantee at least one hit on Destiny since they planned on dropping them after Goin' Places.
Probably been mentioned here before but speaking of Destiny and Push Me Away, listen to this track. Also from 1978 and ironically called "Destiny". Sound a bit like Push Me Away? String arranger is Clare Fischer. Horns by Jerry Hey.

Probably been mentioned here before but speaking of Destiny and Push Me Away, listen to this track. Also from 1978 and ironically called "Destiny". Sound a bit like Push Me Away? String arranger is Clare Fischer. Horns by Jerry Hey.

I can hear this on Destiny or Off the Wall but it reminds me of I Can't Help It a little.

So anyways…. I have a hot take that could potentially land me in jail.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me >>>>> Throwing Your Life Away
WHY ARE THEY BOOING YOU? YOU’RE RIGHT!

Honestly though, neither are spectacular songs, but I just don’t get the hype for “Throwin’ Your Life Away.” The chorus is such a nonstarter, and the melody is bland in my opinion. GYWOOM is far catchier and, to be honest, I’d probably rank it above at least two Darkchild songs on Invincible.

How do you know "That Girl" was replaced by BIOTB? What's the source? Just curious.

I'm going to guess the song is uptempo. Surprised it wasn't good enough to still find a place on Destiny. I wonder if it was re-recorded for Triumph?

To me, TYLA sounds like a hit that never got the chance to become one.
Here the man who told Oprah that he is married to his work sings “Now I must find, there’s no love in my life.”
TYLA is super direct and honest.

Last edited:
Tito and Jackie said that they're planning to release a new album next year. It'd be interesting if they take Michael's vocals from some of those outtakes and re-use them for the new album or if they decide to complete those songs.

Tito and Jackie said that they're planning to release a new album next year. It'd be interesting if they take Michael's vocals from some of those outtakes and re-use them for the new album or if they decide to complete those songs.
hopefully they get support from Jaafar

I would think using MJ's vocals would require approval from the Estate and you know what will happen there.

The brothers need to focus on re-releasing Destiny, Triumph, and Victory with all the outtakes and extended cuts.

Thinking of the 'Just Say No' campaign again: could TYLA be about drugs? Apparently my English is not good enough to completely make out the lyrics..

And now I am speaking about lyrics: what is Streetwalker about? Is it about a prostitute? Who he wants to take on vacation??
Do you think 'Streetwalker' would be the final title if it would have been on Bad, isn't it pretty controversial word..?

@BlackAnon

I'd agree.

They're both mid but Weight is at least complete and HQ while TYLA is LQ with placeholder lyrics but still neither one of them would've brought anything to the albums they were intended for

WHY ARE THEY BOOING YOU? YOU’RE RIGHT!

Honestly though, neither are spectacular songs, but I just don’t get the hype for “Throwin’ Your Life Away.” The chorus is such a nonstarter, and the melody is bland in my opinion. GYWOOM is far catchier and, to be honest, I’d probably rank it above at least two Darkchild songs on Invincible.
I know it is not a popular opinion but I think both songs are pretty crap tbh. Of course it always nice to hear unheard stuff. However neither song especially TYLA does anything for me , very repetitive and quite mumbly. Ok there may be a more complete version but I do not think it would alter my opinion. Same with the Loren songs , Men in Black , Serious Effect etc , boring songs. The Loren song i do love however is Superfly Sister.

Throwin' Your Life Away is catching strays because Don't Be Messin' Round was so mid that nobody remembers it.

Back