The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Your thoughts on a 'reboot':

All the demo's, leaks and songs that we (already) know that didn't make the original albums but now mixed once again...
However, this time ddone well: 'finished' by some talented people according to their rightful era's:

Would you pay for that?
Yeah, absolutely. Hell, I’d pay for an album where they just release the original demos with a proper mix.

I found an eBay sale of a song called "Burning the Ashes." Do you have any information that could confirm that this song exists? I think this is a fake.

Here is a rare unreleased Michael Jackson song titled "Burning the Ashes" from the INVINCIBLE ERA. With this song waiting to be heard, this track comes in FULL CDQ with a duration of 5:38. Produced with the talented Rodney Jerkins, this piece of Music Memorabilia is a must-have for all Michael Jackson fans who would like to experience listening to this track. Once paid, you would be receiving the song via EMAIL in a .WAV file. As this is a private sale, this excludes any kind of return or warranty of any sort. Grab yourself a hold of this one and a lifetime audio/song to immerse the Michael Jackson unreleased experience! If you have any questions, please contact me.

I sent a message to the seller yesterday, but got no response.

I found an eBay sale of a song called "Burning the Ashes." Do you have any information that could confirm that this song exists? I think this is a fake.

Here is a rare unreleased Michael Jackson song titled "Burning the Ashes" from the INVINCIBLE ERA. With this song waiting to be heard, this track comes in FULL CDQ with a duration of 5:38. Produced with the talented Rodney Jerkins, this piece of Music Memorabilia is a must-have for all Michael Jackson fans who would like to experience listening to this track. Once paid, you would be receiving the song via EMAIL in a .WAV file. As this is a private sale, this excludes any kind of return or warranty of any sort. Grab yourself a hold of this one and a lifetime audio/song to immerse the Michael Jackson unreleased experience! If you have any questions, please contact me.

I sent a message to the seller yesterday, but got no response.
I hope I don't come across as self-aggrandising in saying this, but:

When I put up the Pensacola rehearsal and Bad Tour LA tapes on eBay, I had the courtesy to provide snippets (10 - 15 minutes for each.) And personally, I think that should serve as a reasonable standard to adhere to with these kinds of ridiculous auctions.

Last edited:
I hope I don't come across as self-aggrandising in saying this, but:

When I put up the Pensacola rehearsal and Bad Tour LA tapes on eBay, I had the courtesy to provide snippets (10 - 15 minutes for each.) And personally, I think that should serve as a reasonable standard to adhere to with these kinds of ridiculous auctions.
Yeah, this seems like common sense. Any auction that doesn’t include snippets by default should be taken with a grain of salt.

I made a list a while back containing most of the titles we know of but I updated it a bit with the info we got in recent times:

Completed:
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
I Was The Loser
3-4 Tim & Bob Songs
I'm Dreamin'

Mostly Finished:
I Have This Dream (2005)
Neverland Landing
Make A Wish
Tomboy
Little Susie (1978)
Crack Kills
What You Do To Me (1985)
Joy
Best Of Joy (1991)

Advanced Demos:
Boy No
Days In Gloucestershire
Saturday Woman

Partial demos:
Remember What I Told You
She Don't Love Me
Adore You
Monster
All The Truth
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Water
Innocent Man
Call It Off

Rough demos:
Dark Lady
Rocker
Seven Digits
For The World
Don't Believe It
What You Do To Me (1998/The Way You Love Me Demo)
Changes
Make Or Break
Far Far Away
Victory

Never recorded:
Broken Chair
Coco Butter
Backseat Lover
Walk Away
6 Songs Written By Ne-Yo
Truth About Youth
Evil Eye
Why Can't You Hear Me
6 Songs Produced By Bill Botrell in Bahrain
Oh Yeah
Jungle City
I've Got Her Number
Bottom Of My Heart
That
Stop Playin'
Garbage
Breed
If I Were To Wish
Blue Powder
Revenge
Willing And Waiting
Bombay Nights
D.I.E
Light The Way
Frank Friday Night
Is She Coming Back
I Love You (Taryll Jackson)
King Tutankhamen
Loving You (2003 Buxer/Cascio demo)
Red Eye
Pajamas
Rise Above It All
Rock Tonight
Think Twice
Silent Spring
11 p.m
Craze
Photographs
Shut Up And Dance
I Love You More
Stand Tall
Colorblind

Unclear completion:
He Who Makes The Sky Gray
Don't Be Messin'
Bad Girl
Alright Now
What's Your Life
Eaten Alive
2-3 More Tim & Bob Songs
Girls, Girls, Girls
Ekam Satyam
Bad Girl
Trash Can Song
Happy Song
Buffalo Bill
Scream-O-Blaster
Groove Of Midnight
Choir Song
Peter Pan
A Way With Words
The Future
World Of Candy
Rolling The Dice
Turning Me Off

Classical piece/scores/experimental tracks:
Green Hornet Groove
Homeless Bound
Son Of Thriller
Lady Of Summer
MJ/BB Orchestral Idea #1, #2, #3
Michael's Affirmation
Bubbles
Thank Heaven
Iowa
Christmas Song
Orchestral Holiday Songs

Unknown:
I Will Miss You
Bio
D.N.A
Breathe
I'm Still The King
Earth Love
Dancing For Love
Get Around
Seven Bright New Stars
All Right
Doing Dirty
Boogie Woogie
Love Heals
Seduction
Heaven With A Smile
Miami Vice
Too Late To Turn Back Now
Ron Industrial Age Song
Brad Loop 100
Brad Loop 3700
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Pray For Peace
Soldier's Entrance
Fanfare Transiton
Rap
Promise
The World Is No Church
A Baby Smiles
Under Your Skin
Stay
Get Up
A Chance To Dance
Can't Stop Lovin' You
Get You Back
Janet And MJ Duet
You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'
Kentucky
Disco Kids
She's Not A Girl
Lucy Is In Love With Linus
Who's The Girl With Her Hair Down
Lonely Man
Lonely Bird
Pressure
Going To Rio
I Have This Dream (1999)
Thank You For Life
Ode To Sorrow
Sweet Music
Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star
You Were There
You Are A Liar
Cry
Sister Sue
Get Around
Little Girls
In The Valley
I Forgive You
Why Shy
I Have This Love Of Me
Llama Lola
Kentucky
In The Life Of Chico
Hanson
People Have To Make Some Sort Of Joke
We Are The Ones
Fantasy
The Sky Is The Limit
Saved By The Bell
I Am That One
Just For Now
Dreams
You Are There
Leaving Today To Behind
Michael McKellar
California Grass
Rich Girl
Be Me 4 A Day
Tragedy Of A Cheerleader
The Sky Is The Limit
Somewhere In Time
Splash! We Can Get Wet Babe
Apocalypse Now
The Choice
Boots Groove
Children's Hour
Slipped Away
Heat Of The Night
Doing Dirty
MJ Melody
Rap
Nymphette Lover
Why Can't I Be?

So there are plenty of titles of course, but they're all in varying stages of completion. Plus there's the chance that they might not be good enough to be put on albums so I can see where the Estate is coming from when they say there aren't many songs left. Personally I would still love to hear them all regardless of the state they're in.
Could you add main producer and latest year that the song was being worked on.

When we are discussing how many unreleased (and releasable) songs of MJ are left, the number we have is just a guess. For many songs we just dont have any or very few information, like for songs he mentioned in the deposition. And that are not all songs that are complete and releasable before the deposition (we learned that from for example loving you and dream away). As we dont have something like the deposition afterwards there are probably many more songs we dont know off (for History i think there were not so much outtakes).

And then you just talked about the Bryan Loren songs: There should be something between 20 and 28 songs. We know
Mind is the magic (released)
Superfly sister (released)
To satisfy you (released)
She got it (leaked)
Work that body (leaked)
Serious Effect (leaked)
Men in black (demo leaked/more complete version may exist(?))
7 digits (leaked snippets)
Dont believe it (leaked snippets)
Truth about you
Call it off
Serious Moonlight
Deep in the night (leaked snippets)

And additonaly he wrote raps for black or white and family thing.

That makes 15 songs, considering black or white and family thing, if i didnt forgot anything. But do we know anything about the other 5 to 13 songs?
Deep In The Night leaked in its entirety during the whole conundrum involving Brad Sundberg’s stolen laptop and SSD.

It's something Brad made for a film soundtrack. If I'm understanding correctly it doesn't seem to be related to MJ other than he told him he loved it.
Yeah it has no relation to MJ at all, it was made for a movie called Moulin Rogue but I think it ended up being rejected. Iirc Brad played it after he was asked about MJ's work on classical music in his last years so I assume he played it to give the audience an idea on how he would've done it if MJ asked him to work on that type of music.

And it sounds absolutely incredible btw. This song is one of the many examples why I think Brad Buxer is the best musician to have worked with MJ. I can't think of a single song of his that's bad or anywhere near, even his weakest songs like TLC have a good composition to them.

Could you add main producer and latest year that the song was being worked on.
The Fandom wiki has all that info and it's accurate for the most part. Whoever cleaned up that place did a good job at it because it was filled with misleading trash before.

Yeah it has no relation to MJ at all, it was made for a movie called Moulin Rogue but I think it ended up being rejected. Iirc Brad played it after he was asked about MJ's work on classical music in his last years so I assume he played it to give the audience an idea on how he would've done it if MJ asked him to work on that type of music.

And it sounds absolutely incredible btw. This song is one of the many examples why I think Brad Buxer is the best musician to have worked with MJ. I can't think of a single song of his that's bad or anywhere near, even his weakest songs like TLC have a good composition to them.
They should let Brad loose on something. The biopic, the classical music, whatever. Just let him choose.

He can take the credit for SiM in exchange, fine maybe.

And then you just talked about the Bryan Loren songs: There should be something between 20 and 28 songs. We know
Mind is the magic (released)
Superfly sister (released)
To satisfy you (released)
She got it (leaked)
Work that body (leaked)
Serious Effect (leaked)
Men in black (demo leaked/more complete version may exist(?))
7 digits (leaked snippets)
Dont believe it (leaked snippets)
Truth about you
Call it off
Serious Moonlight
Deep in the night (leaked snippets)

And additonaly he wrote raps for black or white and family thing.

That makes 15 songs, considering black or white and family thing, if i didnt forgot anything. But do we know anything about the other 5 to 13 songs?
These are all the Bryan Loren tracks that are known I think:

Superfly Sister

Mind Is The Magic

Work That Body

Serious Effect

She Got It

Man In Black

Do The Bartman

Deep In The Night

House Groove

It

Fever

The Verdict (1991)

The Verdict (1994)

The Verdict (Bass & Synth)

Dream Girl - Instrumental

Family Thing - More complete version of Family Thing (first produced by Teddy Riley) with Bryan rapping the verses

Stay - Registered at ASCAP https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/882265220

To Satisfy You - Rejected demo for Dangerous which Bryan reused as a song of his own. A solo version with MJ isn't known to exist

Son Of Thriller - Remix which includes excerpts of Thriller, DSTYGE, WBSS, and Billie Jean

Garbage - Instrumental. Bryan says it's the track that inspired Teddy Riley to get his sound for the Dangerous album. Used to be at an early configuration of Dangerous. Runtime of approximately 3 minutes

Serious Moonlight - Rejected Writer's Demo

Seven Digits (1991) - Scratch Vocals. Runtime of 2:56 minutes

Seven Digits (1997) - Likely that it's essentially the same as the 1991 version but with further instrumentation done for inclusion on the BOTDF album
"...Michael chose to include the sexual 'Superfly Sister', which was recorded with Bryan Loren during the Dangerous sessions. Another option was 'Seven Digits', also created with Loren, but it was still in a very incomplete state. Loren resumed work on 'Seven Digits' at Michael's behest, but with the tight time restrictions they chose 'Superfly Sister' as it needed the least amount of work."

-Making Michael Pg. 332

Don't Believe It - Scratch Vocals. Runtime of 5:46 minutes

All The Truth - MJ sings the BGVs while Bryan raps the verses. Runtime of 5:02 minutes

Truth About Youth - Unrelated to 'All The Truth'. LL Cool J performs the parts MJ was supposed to sing

Bubbles - Instrumental. Runtime of 1:30 minutes

Homeless Bound - Experimental track which includes samples with homeless people giving testimonials while Bryan plays the keys. There's another version without the samples that was recently played at a seminar in Bucharest

Call It Off - MJ sings the hook while Bryan Loren performs the verses. The lyrics MJ sings is "Call it off, call the whole thing off. I don't want to marry you."

Last edited:
These are all the Bryan Loren tracks that are known I think:

Superfly Sister

Mind Is The Magic

Work That Body

Serious Effect

She Got It

Man In Black

Do The Bartman

Deep In The Night

The Verdict (1991)

The Verdict (1994)

The Verdict (Bass & Synth)

Dream Girl - Instrumental

Family Thing - More complete version of Family Thing (first produced by Teddy Riley) with Bryan rapping the verses

Stay - Registered at ASCAP https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/882265220

To Satisfy You - Rejected demo for Dangerous which Bryan reused as a song of his own. A solo version with MJ isn't known to exist

Son Of Thriller - Remix which includes excerpts of Thriller, DSTYGE, WBSS, and Billie Jean

Garbage - Instrumental. Bryan says it's the track that inspired Teddy Riley to get his sound for the Dangerous album. Used to be at an early configuration of Dangerous. Runtime of approximately 3 minutes

Serious Moonlight - Rejected Writer's Demo

Seven Digits (1991) - Scratch Vocals. Runtime of 2:56 minutes

Seven Digits (1997) - Likely that it's essentially the same as the 1991 version but with further instrumentation done for inclusion on the BOTDF album

Don't Believe It - Scratch Vocals. Runtime of 5:46 minutes

All The Truth - MJ sings the BGVs while Bryan raps the verses. Runtime of 5:02 minutes

Truth About Youth - Unrelated to 'All The Truth'. LL Cool J performs the parts MJ was supposed to sing

Bubbles - Instrumental. Runtime of 1:30 minutes

Homeless Bound - Experimental track which includes samples with homeless people giving testimonials while Bryan plays the keys. There's another version without the samples that was recently played at a seminar in Bucharest

Call It Off - MJ sings the hook while Bryan Loren performs the verses. The lyrics MJ sings is "Call it off, call the whole thing off. I don't want to marry you."

Nice work! You can add "Pressure" and "It", I think. Here is what I have in my notes:

Complete songs:
Superfly Sister
Work That Body
Serious Effect
She Got It
Mind Is The Magic
Do The Bartman

Incomplete songs:
Seven Digits
Don’t Believe It

MJ in backing vocals only:
To Satify You
All The Truth
Call It Off
Deep In The Night

Full song rumors, unconfirmed:
Man In Black
Truth About Youth

Demo proposed to MJ, not accepted:
House Groove
Serious Moonlight
Homeless Bound
Garbage
It

Remix by BL:
Son of Thriller

No info:
Stay
Verdict
Pressure
The Choice
Fever

# Pressure

Screenshot-2024-09-06-20-45-57-030-edit-com-android-chrome.jpg

Nice work! You can add "Pressure" and "It", I think. Here is what I have in my notes:

Complete songs:
Superfly Sister
Work That Body
Serious Effect
She Got It
Mind Is The Magic
Do The Bartman

Incomplete songs:
Seven Digits
Don’t Believe It

MJ in backing vocals only:
To Satify You
All The Truth
Call It Off
Deep In The Night

Full song rumors, unconfirmed:
Man In Black
Truth About Youth

Demo proposed to MJ, not accepted:
House Groove
Serious Moonlight
Homeless Bound
Garbage
It

Remix by BL:
Son of Thriller

No info:
Stay
Verdict
Pressure
The Choice
Fever
Added! Was about to say that Pressure is a Rodney Jerkins title, didn't know there was also a Loren track with that name lol.

Was The Choice ever tied to a specific producer?

Added! Was about to say that Pressure is a Rodney Jerkins title, didn't know there was also a Loren track with that name lol.

Was The Choice ever tied to a specific producer?
There is a song "Pressure" with Rodney Jerkins on ASCAP and another on BMI with Bryan Loren. It seems to me that the first mention of "Pressure" was on BL's MySpace.

There was a leaked tape of Brad Sundberg with songs including "The Choice." I asked Bill Botrell if he had a hand in these songs and he said most of the songs were by Bryan Loren. So no, it's not 100% confirmed for "The Choice".

Has it been confirmed that the song "Dream Girl" is real and by Bryan Loren?

I'm also looking for information on the song "Fever". I lost my notes, but I remembered that there was only a chorus for this one.

Back