The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

“A Way with Words,” “Choir Song,” “Trash Can Song,” etc.
Last two are work titles. First one could be a work title - but it's also possible awww being a random work title, too.

Interesting that Sunset Driver (as released on TUC & T40) was originally mixed in 1986 for a listening session with Q and Bruce, isn't it?

I seriously can't wait for songs like Bad Girl, Choir Song (I suspect that this song is just Changes but still), and A Way With Words to see the light of day, the next reissue of Bad has the potential to be more interesting - if not way better than Bad 25. From titles we know of there's enough for at least 2 more reissues.

But what interests me the most is that all of those new titles comes from the year 1986 only, we're still missing the sessions from 1983, 1984, 1985, and 1987. I wonder if there are more unheard titles hidden between those dates.

I seriously can't wait for songs like Bad Girl, Choir Song (I suspect that this song is just Changes but still), and A Way With Words to see the light of day, the next reissue of Bad has the potential to be more interesting - if not way better than Bad 25. From titles we know of there's enough for at least 2 more reissues.

But what interests me the most is that all of those new titles comes from the year 1986 only, we're still missing the sessions from 1983, 1984, 1985, and 1987. I wonder if there are more unheard titles hidden between those dates.
Changes never had a choir until September 1995, when it was brought out from the vault.

Changes never had a choir until September 1995, when it was brought out from the vault.
Yes, but I was thinking maybe MJ always intended for the song to have a choir, hence the work title being "Choir song". But that wasn't actually added in until he went back to the track during the HIStory sessions.

Bill says it was worked on with John but John said he didn't work on that song
They haven't worked on Tomboy together at the same time, I assume.

Technically both were right from their own pov. John didn't know it was later worked on with somebody else; Bill knew the song was started with Matt & John.

@WalterTacos I read somewhere that Brad also played Homeless Bound at the seminar, did you manage to record that too?

Edit: Nvm I just read your last message, sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the other leaks anyways.

Last edited:
There are a few other songs on his calendars I’d love to know more about: “A Way with Words,” “Choir Song,” “Trash Can Song,” etc.

Phenomenal—confirmation that the Copyright Office registrations aren’t the most updated versions of songs.
This has always been my believe, it just makes no sense to have full unheard works available for public use for a small fee.

Bill seems to have a decent memory for dates and his work with Mike

I REALLy hope that some how some day, Make Or Break, Turning Me Off, Tomboy, and Streetwalker '87 leak. Btw, is Turning Me Off vocally complete? I know that Make Or Break and Tomboy are confirmed to be. Also who even has these songs? I know Bill has Streetwalker '87

this is interesting, Bill Bottrell on his work at Hayvenhurst:

22[songs] with names, others just called "new song", "rap song" or "scream-o-blaster" and other titles made up in the moment of writing on the tape box.
⬇️ is this the "Rap song"?🤔

6BuBYug.jpeg

Also, if Prince took over once Branca retired, how do you think unreleased content like Concerts and Songs will be utilized, if at all? My wish is that the estate would release 1 concert in full quality every month or something.

Also, if Prince took over once Branca retired, how do you think unreleased content like Concerts and Songs will be utilized, if at all? My wish is that the estate would release 1 concert in full quality every month or something.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Restoring material as such is pretty expensive to be done in monthly base. But I can see the release of a single plus one concert every 2 years.

Back