The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

We're talking about Joy. Wasn't it a pre existing song? More uptempo before.
It was more uptempo, but it was always a Teddy Riley original written by his close collaborator Tammy Lucas. You seem to be confusing Joy for Someone Put Your Hand Out, which was actually a pre-existing song that started out uptempo.

Alright. Well in that case, that's mostly not true. The song existed before Teddy got involved. It matured with his involvement though.
Did it? I always thought it was a Michael/Teddy collaboration but not in the same sense of SYPYHO where Michael originally wrote it and Teddy came in later to co-write a new version

This "new" list is a really interesting insight into the Dangerous album. Michael seemed to have an abundance of songs to pick from before Teddy's instrumentals were presented/worked on.

Similar to that leaked Brad Sundberg video of Monkey Business, I wonder if more complete versions of some songs that didn't make it exist?
Serious Effect and Man In Black in particular. This list seems to pre date Teddy's contribution

Also remember Michael's commercial was titled Dreams. Could the song have been replaced by Who Is It in this clip?
Or, Dreams might have been the working title of Who is it ? as the latter title doesn’t appear in the track list posted above… Could they just be the same song, albeit in a different completion state maybe ? (just thinking out loud)

Last edited:
Or, Dreams might have been the working title of Who is it ? as the latter title doesn’t paper in the track list posted above… Could they just be the same song, albeit in a different completion state maybe ? (just thinking out loud)
Two totally different songs.

Another list of songs from Dangerous.
I don’t want to add to confusion, but 🙈
The title Get Up makes me think of James Brown.

I have somehow gotten the impression (from the estate?) that the poem Planet Earth was meant as an introduction to and the title of 1991 Earth Song.

… 'Lying To Myself' is most probably 'Who Is It' (?)
Apparently true from this list.

I don’t want to add to confusion, but 🙈
The title Get Up makes me think of James Brown.

I have somehow gotten the impression (from the estate?) that the poem Planet Earth was meant as an introduction to and the title of 1991 Earth Song.

Apparently true from this list.
I Can't Let Her Get Away is very James Brown sounding, but I doubt it's any correlation to "Get Up".

Another list of songs from Dangerous. Interesting to see Get Up on there when Shana first said it was Jam.

IMG-1498.jpg

Another thing to add.... Men In Black is on this list which started with Bryan Loren. Yet at the bottom, Loren gets not production credit. So did Teddy Riley or Bill Bottrell work further on the song to give them production credit? I would think so, just by looking at this.

This is like a puzzle.

I’m wondering why 'Boots Groove' doesn't show up on any of the lists. I’m pretty sure it's a track from that time, if I remember right.

If Brad got his hands on it, it probably means they didn't work on it just once.

I don't think any of the unreleased songs n Shana's list were more complete than what we've already heard. This is probably just his list of songs before trimming it down to start working on what's making the album.

This "new" list is a really interesting insight into the Dangerous album. Michael seemed to have an abundance of songs to pick from before Teddy's instrumentals were presented/worked on.

Similar to that leaked Brad Sundberg video of Monkey Business, I wonder if more complete versions of some songs that didn't make it exist?
Serious Effect and Man In Black in particular. This list seems to pre date Teddy's contribution
That MB in the Brad leak is the same version we have, they're just playing with the multi tracks

I think part of the problem is it's the sixth uptempo New Jack song in a row on the album so it kind of gets lost.
That may be true and I can agree with that. But Off The Wall gave us 5 disco tracks in a row so I see it as a homage/throwback. The first half is for the dance floor.

Back