The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

(Deleted)
One of the mods here took questions from the forum and when they tried to get answers from Brad he didn't exactly answer anything, so there's no point in asking him about unreleased music. If you want answers about unreleased music it'd have to be when there are guests like Matt Forger or Michael Prince at the seminar.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Deleted)
Yeah we all felt that here lol, there were actually a lot of interesting questions that the forum had made. Hopefully Brad will become more open to answering those kinds of questions in the future.

Ask him about his response to Sheila E and Prince hearing Bad at Paisley Park. Sheila said in an interview last week how she and Prince listened to Bad at Paisley and Prince said he wasn't going to do the song but recorded his own version and deleted it immediately after. Brad said the song was never sent to Paisley and that Prince came to Westlake to hear it before rejecting the idea.

1. How far in completion was Bad [the song] when Prince came to Westlake to hear it? How long was Prince there and did he make comments on the song while hearing it in the studio? How did he decline the duet?

I hope we get to hear Michael's version of Christmas Star one day

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone. I'm not sure it was ever released. For some reason I think it might have been used in a movie possibly. I did an internet search for the title and it didn't come up. - Rob Hoffman

Last edited:
Going to sequence the album in this order and see how it plays out

27337378-10155388419638233-1906997866936910983-n.jpg

What about this fast song Get Up?
Here is some information:
The title was noted on a list with songs considered for Dangerous, leaked by Shana Mangatal. It is likely an instrumental. Judging by the title, it could be an early version of what would eventually become "Jam".

I think so too, just like 'Lying To Myself' is most probably 'Who Is It' (?)

Last edited:

Brad Sundberg said that Jam first originated from an older demo, kind of like Dangerous originated from Streetwalker. I wonder if that's the song he was referring to.

I hope we get to hear Michael's version of Christmas Star one day

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone. I'm not sure it was ever released. For some reason I think it might have been used in a movie possibly. I did an internet search for the title and it didn't come up. - Rob Hoffman
Didn't it leak from the laptop theft from last year? There was this studio footage of this Christmas song being recorded with a children's choir but that turned out to be a song from Home Alone 2. Maybe it's that song?

Based on the demo we have for Men In Black, I wouldn't really consider it slow. More medium, just my opinion.

What I find most fascinating, this must be after Teddy Riley came on board, yet MIB and a few others that never made final tracklist still appear on this list.

I do think that “Get Up” was Jam. I can’t think of any other song it could be. He didn’t tell us the song titles, so I just went by what I heard. Also, if anyone is wondering, “Men In Black” was written way before the movie was made. I remember asking Michael if he had heard that there was a movie being filmed called, “Men In Black”. I told him that he should try to get his song to be the theme song for the movie. He told me that he hadn’t heard about it. I don’t know if he ever submitted the song for the movie, but it would’ve been perfect. Also, from this session, “Monkey Business” and “Remember The Time” really stood out. I couldn’t wait for the album to come out so I could hear those songs again. I was mad when “Monkey Business” wasn’t included - Shana

Last edited:
Back