The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Very much interested in hearing all the classical stuff MJ was working on before his death. Doubt we will though, seeing as the estate don't have it and haven't bothered to work with the guy that does.
I always think it’s a good idea for the estate to make an orchestra album. Put some orchestra tracks he worked on before he passed or early rumor orchestra song like Iowa, and compile unreleased songs with his vocal and orchestra like Seeing Voices, Make A Wish, Neverland Landing or Scared Of The Moon. Instead of contemprizing, they can remix to empathize his beautiful vocal and re-record orchestras part like Freddie Mercury’s estate did for Barcelona album reissue. (But also they need to release demo version of course).

Last edited:
Very much interested in hearing all the classical stuff MJ was working on before his death. Doubt we will though, seeing as the estate don't have it and haven't bothered to work with the guy that does.
If the Estate would've repaired their strained relationships with Quincy, Bruce, Rod and even John Barnes, they probably would've signed off on new material.

I've gotten back into reading Moonwalker again and notice MJ mentions demos recorded back around 1975 before they left for Epic with Bobby Taylor. Do we know anything more about these demos?

Side note: Different Kind of Lady is underrated. This song by the brothers gave Epic assurance the brothers could write and produce on their own.

If 60 songs were considered for Bad 25 I'd say it's most definitely that songs like Buffalo Bill and Tomboy were included amongst those songs.

60 outtakes is an insane amount though, do we even know the full amount of outtakes from the Bad era? From what I counted we only know of 26 songs; maybe around 30 if we include Victory era songs. Seems like there's a hell lot of material that we're yet to discover.

If 60 songs were considered for Bad 25 I'd say it's most definitely that songs like Buffalo Bill and Tomboy were included amongst those songs.

60 outtakes is an insane amount though, do we even know the full amount of outtakes from the Bad era? From what I counted we only know of 26 songs; maybe around 30 if we include Victory era songs. Seems like there's a hell lot of material that we're yet to discover.
  1. Abortion Papers (Song Groove)
  2. Al Capone
  3. Buffalo Bill
  4. Changes
  5. Cheater
  6. Chicago 1945
  7. Crack Kills
  8. Don't Be Messin'
  9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
  10. Fly Away
  11. Free
  12. Loving You
  13. I'm So Blue
  14. Make A Wish
  15. Make Or Break
  16. Neverland Landing
  17. Price Of Fame
  18. Streetwalker
  19. Someone Put Your Hand Out
  20. Tomboy
  21. Turnin' Me Off
  22. We Are Here To Change The World
  23. What You Do To Me
  24. Groove Of Midnight
  25. Deep In The Night (even though it's from the early Dangerous session)
  26. Throwin' Your Life Away (even though it's way after the release of the Bad album)
Other tracks that could've been considered are Alright Now and the solo version of Eaten Alive.

Last edited:
  2. Al Capone
  3. Buffalo Bill
  4. Changes
  5. Cheater
  6. Chicago 1945
  7. Crack Kills
  8. Don't Be Messin'
  10. Fly Away
  11. Free
  12. Loving You
  13. I'm So Blue
  14. Make A Wish
  15. Make Or Break
  16. Neverland Landing
  17. Price Of Fame
  18. Streetwalker
  20. Tomboy
  21. Turnin' Me Off
  23. What You Do To Me
  24. Groove Of Midnight
  26. Throwin' Your Life Away (even though it's way after the release of the Bad album)
Other tracks that could've been considered are Alright Now and the solo version of Eaten Alive.
Michael mckeller

Michael mckeller
Maybe. We don't know exactly which project it's from, but I assume it could be from the Dangerous era.

Michael was probably working on it around the time of the deposition, which is why he seemed so shocked.

Can you write out the entire interview on here please
“There were a lot of potential songs for BAD25 but we needed the ones that were completed in nature. If I said I worked on 60 songs titles, you must realise that does not mean 60 fully completed songs. Several were pretty much produced and completed in terms of a demo but there were many that were just song ideas; a groove, a melody. Michael was always looking for the best songs, so if a better idea came along, then the rest were simply put on the shelf. Nevertheless, "Tomboy' was one of those that I believe was quite close to being completed, but I am not 100% sure. It is a fantastic track and I have high hopes that it will be out in the world at some point!“

“'Michael McKellar' was a song that was recorded for the History era of the project. It is a very interesting track and it is not a typical Michael dance groove. It's a ballad with a unique characteristic and the subject of the song is a character called Michael McKellar, who he describes in the song.“

- Matt Forger

Last edited:

Matt said there are 60 songs but some of these are no vocal, only groove… etc.

2. Al Capone
  3. Buffalo Bill
  4. Changes
  5. Cheater
  6. Chicago 1945
  7. Crack Kills
  8. Don't Be Messin'
  10. Fly Away
  11. Free
  12. Loving You
  13. I'm So Blue
  14. Make A Wish
  15. Make Or Break
  16. Neverland Landing
  17. Price Of Fame
  18. Streetwalker
  20. Tomboy
  21. Turnin' Me Off
  23. What You Do To Me
  24. Groove Of Midnight
Alright Now was demoed for Bad. So was TYLA (1986 iirc).

Sunset Driver, technically a demo from 1982, was mixed by Bill Bottrell way after the release of the Thriller album. The 2track tape could have been sent to Westlake for Bruce and Q to hear.

Without full vocals: TDCAU, Monkey Business

Unknown vocal state: Tabloid Jungle

Last edited:
  2. Al Capone
  3. Buffalo Bill
  4. Changes
  5. Cheater
  6. Chicago 1945
  7. Crack Kills
  8. Don't Be Messin'
  10. Fly Away
  11. Free
  12. Loving You
  13. I'm So Blue
  14. Make A Wish
  15. Make Or Break
  16. Neverland Landing
  17. Price Of Fame
  18. Streetwalker
  20. Tomboy
  21. Turnin' Me Off
  23. What You Do To Me
  24. Groove Of Midnight
I also heard Matt Forger tried to find the master tape of Groove Of Midnight for BAD25, but he couldn’t find it. I forgot where it came from. I really wanna hear that one day.

Matt said there are 60 songs but some of these are no vocal, only groove… etc.
Yeah 60 new songs that are ready to be released is way too unlikely given MJ's work ethics. But even if those new songs are all instrumentals it'd still be interesting to learn their titles.

Back when we learned about all the new titles from the Jeffre Phillips lawsuit it was a fascinating time even if those songs were most likely to be writer's demos or instrumental grooves; discovering new titles that we probably never would've discovered, the movie contracts giving us a deeper insight into MJ's movie plans, the Cascio tracks being found in his room, etc. It was one of the largest amount of info on MJ's final work we had ever gotten.

“There were a lot of potential songs for BAD25 but we needed the ones that were completed in nature. If I said I worked on 60 songs titles, you must realise that does not mean 60 fully completed songs. Several were pretty much produced and completed in terms of a demo but there were many that were just song ideas; a groove, a melody. Michael was always looking for the best songs, so if a better idea came along, then the rest were simply put on the shelf. Nevertheless, "Tomboy' was one of those that I believe was quite close to being completed, but I am not 100% sure. It is a fantastic track and I have high hopes that it will be out in the world at some point!“

“'Michael McKellar' was a song that was recorded for the History era of the project. It is a very interesting track and it is not a typical Michael dance groove. It's a ballad with a unique characteristic and the subject of the song is a character called Michael McKellar, who he describes in the song.“

- Matt Forger

Based on Forger's comment, if there is ever a follow-up to Xscape, seems like Tomboy could be on it as it seems to fit the criteria.

Unknown vocal state: Tabloid Jungle
I’m very interested in hearing this one because multiple sources say the track changed quite a bit after Jam and Lewis started working on it. Hearing the original version from the Bad Sessions would give great insight into how this song developed and changed over time.

Based on Forger's comment, if there is ever a follow-up to Xscape, seems like Tomboy could be on it as it seems to fit the criteria.
Prince said that they're looking into releasing new music along with the biopic, it would be amazing if Tomboy is one of the songs they end up releasing.

I don't expect them to release a whole new album with the biopic but if all they release is a single then I hope it's a song we haven't heard before rather an old leak/re-release.

I thought I read somewhere that LA Reid listened to 25 songs for Xscape before they settled on the final track listing. I wonder what else he got to listen to.
GYWOOM, Chicago 1945, Hot Fun In The Summertime, I Was The Loser, and possibly Dream Away are the only ones so far to have been confirmed iirc. There's also speculation that songs like TYLA, Turnin' Me Off, and Who Do You Know were considered but no official confirmation on it as of yet.

It's likely that other rejects from the Michael album were also considered given that's most of what the Xscape album consists of lol. It wouldn't surprise me if more songs like If You Don't Love Me and WALWTG were briefly considered.

Last edited:
I've gotten back into reading Moonwalker again and notice MJ mentions demos recorded back around 1975 before they left for Epic with Bobby Taylor. Do we know anything more about these demos?
As I mentioned in my previous post, he mentions a few of them, such as "Thank You For Life", in the 1993 deposition.

As I mentioned in my previous post, he mentions a few of them, such as "Thank You For Life", in the 1993 deposition.
I also wonder if there were any outtakes/demos for the Jacksons album and Goin' Places?

The demos with Bobby Taylor seem to be before both of those albums with Epic.

from Q's autobiography, I wonder what other songs were considered for having a rap feature

By then it was clear -at least to some of us- that rap had made its mark in our culture. It was out newest baby and it was here to stay.

There were plenty of doubters about the music's staying power. When we made "Bad" in 1987, I wanted to put an anticrack song on one side with Run-DMC and Michael. The group showed up at Westlake Studios several times, ready to jam, but Smelly was sceptical of rap as an option for a couple of the album's cuts and he wasn't the only one. Snoopy never budged from his rock-steady conviction that rap would rule for quite some time.

Last edited:
Back