The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Complete assumption on my part, but I've always assumed that most if not all the songs listed in the 93 deposition have vocals, aside from any classical pieces. Everything we've heard from the list thus far has had vocals of some sort.

I think post 93, Mike became less interested in laying vocals down until he was satisfied with the instrumental.

Imo there's a good chance that all of those are songs that were recorded given how nowadays we know at least half of the songs on the list include vocals in some form.

She's Not A Girl - Recorded
Tomboy - Full Vocals
Buffalo Bill - Recorded, uncertain if it has full vocals or chorus vocals with a guide vocal
Al Capone - Full Vocals
WALWTG - Full Vocals
Who Do You Know - Full Vocals
Crack Kills - Full Vocals
Free - Partially Full Vocals
Fly Away - Full Vocals
Little Susie - Full Vocals
Red Eye - Instrumental but not to say there isn't a version with vocals made after the track was copyright registered, similarly with Tomboy
SPYHO - Full Vocals
DYKWYCA - Full Vocals
Cheater - Full Vocals
LNFSG - Full Vocals
Alright Now - Recorded
Scared Of The Moon - Full Vocals
Neverland Landing - Full Vocals
What's Your Life - Recorded with Jermaine
Chicago 1945 - Full Vocals
Make Or Break - Scratch Vocals
Turning Me Off - Scratch Vocals
Sunset Driver - Full Vocals
Far, Far, Away - Either chorus vocals or scratch vocals
Do we have any idea of the recording period of "She's not a girl"?

I really would like to know what Michael's natural speaking voice sounded like in the early 80s.
What you know is his natural speaking voice, it just varied depending on who he talked to and how he felt. We all talk slightly different according to the situation; to your granny, to your parents, to your baby, to your teenager, to your colleagues, to your friends etc.

MJ also didn't begin writing his own songs until he left Motown in 1976, so the track must have been made between 1976-1988.
Not true. He said that he wrote many songs, such as "What's Your Life", as early as 1973. One of the main reasons he wanted to leave Motown was that the songs he was writing weren't being recorded. It was only at CBS that "Blues Away" was allowed to be included on an album.

Not true. He said that he wrote many songs, such as "What's Your Life", as early as 1973. One of the main reasons he wanted to leave Motown was that the songs he was writing weren't being recorded. It was only at CBS that "Blues Away" was allowed to be included on an album.
Ahh okay. From the places I read it made it sound like Blues Away was the very first song the Jacksons wrote and that wasn't made until 1976.

So She's Not A Girl could've been recorded any time between 1971-1988.

So She's Not A Girl could've been recorded any time between 1971-1988.
True, but from the way MJ talks about a lot of the songs in the 1993 deposition I wouldn't be surprised if most of them date from the period 1973-78. His most common response to a lot of the titles is that they are from "before Off the Wall".

If they are, they certainly wouldn't be of a higher quality than "What A Lovely Way to Go", both in terms of songwriting and production. A song which, ironically, a lot of people here seem to despise. Since WALWTG was considered for "Michael", and eventually released, it can be assumed that it's among the most developed of the 1973-78 songs.

That's a bold assumption, imo. The song could have been chosen and considered for inclusion as a "filler track".
If we are to assume that the philosophy behind the "Michael" album was to include songs that MJ was working on in the years preceding his death (hence the inclusion of the Cascio tracks, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy etc.) do you not think that the material they worked on from other eras would be exclusively the most developed tracks? Only ten songs were chosen, so you'd think there wouldn't be any filler.

As far as I'm aware WALWTG was the only 70s track worked on for either Michael or Xscape. Do you not think any of the others mentioned in the deposition (Thank You for Life, Kentucky etc.) would have at least been considered if they were in any way complete?

Imo there's a good chance that all of those are songs that were recorded given how nowadays we know at least half of the songs on the list include vocals in some form.

She's Not A Girl - Recorded
Tomboy - Full Vocals
Buffalo Bill - Recorded, uncertain if it has full vocals or chorus vocals with a guide vocal
Al Capone - Full Vocals
WALWTG - Full Vocals
Who Do You Know - Full Vocals
Crack Kills - Full Vocals
Free - Partially Full Vocals
Fly Away - Full Vocals
Little Susie - Full Vocals
Red Eye - Instrumental but not to say there isn't a version with vocals made after the track was copyright registered, similarly with Tomboy
SPYHO - Full Vocals
DYKWYCA - Full Vocals
Cheater - Full Vocals
LNFSG - Full Vocals
Alright Now - Recorded
Scared Of The Moon - Full Vocals
Neverland Landing - Full Vocals
What's Your Life - Recorded with Jermaine
Chicago 1945 - Full Vocals
Make Or Break - Scratch Vocals
Turning Me Off - Scratch Vocals
Sunset Driver - Full Vocals
Far, Far, Away - Either chorus vocals or scratch vocals
Can we confirm that Stop That is Tomboy cus of the little groove michael does before he confirms its existence?

“Xscape” was started in late 1999, according to Rodney himself. The leaked mix of “Blue Gangsta” is from 1999, but the vocals were recorded in the fall of 1998. Not sure if that’s what the original comment was referring to.
Where does the information come from? (Blue Gangsta 2010 leak)

Can we confirm that Stop That is Tomboy cus of the little groove michael does before he confirms its existence?
While we don’t have definitive proof, MJ’s adlibs buried in the track and the guitar's RTT rhythm are both strong evidence that Stop That was developed from Tomboy.

I'd like to know more about "Iowa". All we know is what Janet said. So it's an orchestral piece, which probably means no vocals? But she said it's on a tape, so something was recorded.
Could be a Mandela Effect, but I swear I remember reading about this Janet interview back in 2014-2015. It mentioned 'Iowa' and some other classic stuff.

The detail that stuck with me was that the tapes were later destroyed or lost or something? Can't find anything on it now, but it's probably just another one of those fakes that were everywhere back then.

A good PSA I should give this community; since there's a lot of fakes going around these days, if anyone offers you unreleased MJ songs (or leaks a song) 99.9% chance they don't actually have the real thing. You can feel free to message me if you really think something is real, but I can assure you for the most part nobody has unreleased MJ songs. There's a reason nothing has surfaced in CDQ almost a whole decade after the Sony tracks, with the exception of Brad Sundberg's material.

Anyone who really had anything called it a day and moved on with their lives years ago, and moved on from MJ/or music as a whole.

Could be a Mandela Effect, but I swear I remember reading about this Janet interview back in 2014-2015. It mentioned 'Iowa' and some other classic stuff.

The detail that stuck with me was that the tapes were later destroyed or lost or something? Can't find anything on it now, but it's probably just another one of those fakes that were everywhere back then.
I don't recall reading about tapes being destroyed.

I have seen him write things which I don't think the public will ever hear. He has a song called 'Iowa' that he wrote. People will never hear that song. Just before he left to film The Wiz, he put all the songs he had written on to tape in the studio in our parents' house. Not one of them has been heard and those were songs to cry for. There are things that he's written for orchestras that are classical music, I swear to you. Like something by Bach or Beethoven. - Janet from Q Magazine 1993.

Iowa might or might not be classical, depending on how you receive the response from Janet.

Could be a Mandela Effect, but I swear I remember reading about this Janet interview back in 2014-2015. It mentioned 'Iowa' and some other classic stuff. [...]
Yes, the song is "Iowa", wrote in 1977 just before "The Wiz".
It was on a interview for the "Q" magazine in 1993.
She said: "He put all the songs he had written onto tape in the studio in our parents' house... These are the things he's written for orchestras, that are classical music-- like something from Bach or Beethoven."

If we are to assume that the philosophy behind the "Michael" album was to include songs that MJ was working on in the years preceding his death (hence the inclusion of the Cascio tracks, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy etc.) do you not think that the material they worked on from other eras would be exclusively the most developed tracks? Only ten songs were chosen, so you'd think there wouldn't be any filler.

The "songs MJ was working on prior to his death" was marketing bs.

Do you not think any of the others mentioned in the deposition (Thank You for Life, Kentucky etc.) would have at least been considered if they were in any way complete?
Perhaps they were considered? Idk how many songs were reviewed for those sessions.

A good PSA I should give this community; since there's a lot of fakes going around these days, if anyone offers you unreleased MJ songs (or leaks a song) 99.9% chance they don't actually have the real thing. You can feel free to message me if you really think something is real, but I can assure you for the most part nobody has unreleased MJ songs. There's a reason nothing has surfaced in CDQ almost a whole decade after the Sony tracks, with the exception of Brad Sundberg's material.

Anyone who really had anything called it a day and moved on with their lives years ago, and moved on from MJ/or music as a whole.
Can I ask you please about children holiday and children hours

Can you give us more details how your heard world of candy by MJ and who is the producer for that song

I don't recall reading about tapes being destroyed.

I have seen him write things which I don't think the public will ever hear. He has a song called 'Iowa' that he wrote. People will never hear that song. Just before he left to film The Wiz, he put all the songs he had written on to tape in the studio in our parents' house. Not one of them has been heard and those were songs to cry for. There are things that he's written for orchestras that are classical music, I swear to you. Like something by Bach or Beethoven. - Janet from Q Magazine 1993.

Iowa might or might not be classical, depending on how you receive the response from Janet.
If the Estate has these songs, they would probably be perfect for the score of the biopic.

Perhaps they were considered? Idk how many songs were reviewed for those sessions.
Yeah it's very possible that more of those types of songs were considered, we don't know the full extent of how many songs the Estate has thought of releasing. It was only just recently that we found out If You Don't Love Me was remixed for Michael, and it's been rumoured that Who Do You Know is another song that the Estate has considered releasing for one of their albums before, so who knows what else they might have considered.

I also heard in a podcast a couple of years back (the same podcast where we got info on Revenge) that Matt Forger said either Buffalo Bill or Tomboy was picked for Bad 25 but the song was pulled out of the tracklist at the last minute. Does anyone have more info on that?

Back