The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Full version is online:
The vocals are pretty good. But, it's not perfect.

For now, while AI is still in its infancy, the instruments and mixing style will give away the fakery of these creations. I don't know how long that will last though.

results.png

The vocals are pretty good. But, it's not perfect.

For now, while AI is still in its infancy, the instruments and mixing style will give away the fakery of these creations. I don't know how long that will last though.

results.png
I love this new bingo! 😂

It seems like they've put out a lot of songs with "nonsense lyrics" and it doesn't matter. So stuff like Dark Lady and Rocker might be more appealing than Damien would have us believe.

Since when does a fake snippet mean anything?
Yeah, I think Loving You is a good example of that. It makes enough sense but the lyrics are clearly very basic. I'm sure there's a few more songs like that.

I think Dark Lady is probably mostly nonsense and will be released in its original form if it ever is but not sure about Rocker.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Loving You is a good example of that. It makes just enough sense but the lyrics are clearly very early. I'm sure there's a few more songs like that.

I think Dark Lady is probably mostly nonsense and will be released in its original form if it ever is but not sure about Rocker.
Since only the chorus is complete, you would have to find someone for the verses. My first thought would be Janet.
Of course I hope that the demo will be released as well.
"Rocker" is a unreleased song by Michael Jackson. It is unknown what project it was intended for.
The song was registered with the U.S. Copyright Office in 2010, and lists Brad Buxer as the producer.[1] "Rocker" was made at the Neverland Ranch in the early 2000s, reportedly 2004. On the X social media platform, Damien Shields would confirm details on the song a bunch of times.

"I don't know the exact date, but I was told by the engineer who recorded MJ's vocals that Rocker was recorded in a bathroom at Neverland ranch. So sometime before then end of 2004? I don't know exactly when. [...] The composition is not similar to "We Will Rock You", but the vocal melody and aggressive "spitting" style of vocal delivery in the verses are similar to it. VERY strong vocal. The verses are PURE nonsensical mumbling. The chorus is pretty close to complete. [...] The only issue is that MJ's voice is so loud on chorus that he blows the mic out on certain words Maybe he was too close to the mic. GREAT demo! Love it. It also has some excellent ad libs and strong "hoo hoo"s at the end. [...] "Rocker" has rock elements (guitar) hence the title. But the song would likely been called something else. In the chorus of Rocker (the only part of the song with proper lyrics - aside from the ad libs at the end) MJ sings: "The world is one big melting pot of life CLAP CLAP""— Damien Shields on X[2][3][4][5]

Yeah, I think Loving You is a good example of that. It makes enough sense but the lyrics are clearly very basic. I'm sure there's a few more songs like that.
It seems writing lyrics, finding words that suit the songs narrative were the most challenging part of song writing proccess for Michael. Kinda a handicap for him.

Wouldn't be surprised, if his collaborators have helped Michael with a word here and there during album recording sessions - without receiving any writing credits.

to summarize what Bill has written on X about "Cheater" so far:

Q: Did you do another song other than State Of Shock on the Victory album?

Bill Bottrell: There was another group of sessions. Signs point to "Cheater".
I didn't say Cheater was considered for Victory.
It was a song done at Soundcastle (maybe) at the end of or after Victory sessions. I could look it up but not now.

I don't know for sure. I hear "Cheater" for the first time a month ago. I heard Greg. I remember one song done at Soundcastle with Greg and MJ. I remember John McClain there, I remember doing claps in my usual way.
I can hear my console, my studio, my mixing style in '85.
I can hear all that in the recording of Cheater.
I have no other song to place in those sessions.
I could be wrong.
But credits on unreleased songs are notoriously wrong also.

GLsgtR_XQAAS5Gv

Photo: Paul Erikson at Soundcastle. I will guess "Cheater" sessions.
Maybe the only photo of MJ in the room with BB.

I heard Cheater again yesterday. Credits and dates on various sites do not match what I was thinking.
Sites say outtake from Westake/Quincy sessions for Bad.
I can not hear that. At all.
Somebody should reach out to Greg

'85 is what I'm thinking. Soundcastle. Michael, Greg, I hear Paul Jackson Jr. on guitar, I hear my console and the glass entry room on "cheater" BG vocals and claps, I hear my mix.

It seems writing lyrics, finding words that suit the songs narrative were the most challenging part of song writing proccess for Michael. Kinda a handicap for him.

Wouldn't be surprised, if his collaborators have helped Michael with a word here and there during album recording sessions - without receiving any writing credits.
I wouldn't say that per say. He focused on the composition first, the lyrics came last. It's a natural working process.

Even songs written for MJ usually have that same sort of abstract song writing; I think he just preferred that.

I wouldn't say that per say. He focused on the composition first, the lyrics came last. It's a natural working process.

Even songs written for MJ usually have that same sort of abstract song writing; I think he just preferred that.
With Michael it was always “melody first” if I remember it correctly.

It seems writing lyrics, finding words that suit the songs narrative were the most challenging part of song writing proccess for Michael. Kinda a handicap for him. [...]
This reminds me of Brad Sundberg's comment in one of his 7 Songs 7 Stories interviews, talking about Michael writing his lyrics at the last moment:

"But that was every song ... Michael didn't write the lead vocal until two minutes before he was gonna sing it ..."

I might have watched this interview once. Or twice! :ROFLMAO:

There’s actually no evidence Cheater 2001 ft. Fats exists- no copyright entry, and no one on the Darkchild team has recalled working on the track. It’s most likely just a fan title.
It was listed on the official Darkchild website

Bildschirmfoto-2019-09-22-um-13-17-50.png

I have some snippets of what appears to be a seminar recording of that "Dream Girl" song. It seems to just be instrumental based on what I have. Has anyone heard the full thing to verify the authenticity?

I don't know. I recall discussion on here about that site not being official. I could definitely be wrong. It was around C1945 being on there and that it wasn't an official list.

Last edited:
Regardless, the song was supposed to be revisited right, based on the paper In MJ's room? So even if it wasn't Invincible era it wasn't 'finished' yet.

I have some snippets of what appears to be a seminar recording of that "Dream Girl" song. It seems to just be instrumental based on what I have. Has anyone heard the full thing to verify the authenticity?
Dream Girl? Never heard of that title. Can you explain the track?

With Michael it was always “melody first” if I remember it correctly.
This reminds me of Brad Sundberg's comment in one of his 7 Songs 7 Stories interviews, talking about Michael writing his lyrics at the last moment:

"But that was every song ... Michael didn't write the lead vocal until two minutes before he was gonna sing it ..."

I might have watched this interview once. Or twice! :ROFLMAO:

It was lyrics to the chorus first. The verses were mumbled and the chorus would be fully fleshed and if he liked the chorus, he'd continue working on the song but if he didn't like it, it was discarded.

to summarize what Bill has written on X about "Cheater" so far:

Q: Did you do another song other than State Of Shock on the Victory album?

Bill Bottrell: There was another group of sessions. Signs point to "Cheater".
I didn't say Cheater was considered for Victory.
It was a song done at Soundcastle (maybe) at the end of or after Victory sessions. I could look it up but not now.

I don't know for sure. I hear "Cheater" for the first time a month ago. I heard Greg. I remember one song done at Soundcastle with Greg and MJ. I remember John McClain there, I remember doing claps in my usual way.
I can hear my console, my studio, my mixing style in '85.
I can hear all that in the recording of Cheater.
I have no other song to place in those sessions.
I could be wrong.
But credits on unreleased songs are notoriously wrong also.

GLsgtR_XQAAS5Gv

Photo: Paul Erikson at Soundcastle. I will guess "Cheater" sessions.
Maybe the only photo of MJ in the room with BB.

I heard Cheater again yesterday. Credits and dates on various sites do not match what I was thinking.
Sites say outtake from Westake/Quincy sessions for Bad.
I can not hear that. At all.
Somebody should reach out to Greg

'85 is what I'm thinking. Soundcastle. Michael, Greg, I hear Paul Jackson Jr. on guitar, I hear my console and the glass entry room on "cheater" BG vocals and claps, I hear my mix.

Picture looks 1984 and probably during the last sessions of Victory. John Barnes is there so he could've been doing Another Part of Me, Liberian Girl or We Are Here to Change the World or even..............Buffalo Bill but I doubt it

Back