The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Sorry for getting mad at you, @AdeZ. I was just so convinced that I couldn't stop and think about whether or not my claims were true.

Al Capone is better than Smooth Criminal and it should've been the gangster song to have made it to the Bad album

The only negative about it is that the bridge is too short, if only it was a tad bit longer the song would've been perfect. Easily one of the best songs the Estate has released.
I agree. I like both but Al Capone has a grit to it that would've complimented the album better to me

Sorry for getting mad at you, @AdeZ. I was just so convinced that I couldn't stop and think about whether or not my claims were true.
It's okay, just don't act like you know what you're talking about when you don't. If i'm unsure on something I usually make it clear I'm not 100% on it.

What do you guys think about Rich Girl based on the snippet? I guess the only way we’ll know for sure if this snippet is legit or not is by asking Korgnex, considering it has his tag over it:
This song is literally a joke in itself. The lyrics talk about someone called JB. JOHN BRANCA LOL
It was literally in front of our noses idk how anyone could think this is real.

I want a new posthumous album with Ronson & Brody brown as main producers.

I imagine the track list as this:

WMCIG - solo version
  1. What More Can I Give
  2. Buffalo Bill
  3. Make or Break
  4. Rich Girl
  5. Joy
  6. I’m Dreamin’ (feat. will.i.am)
  7. Throwing Your Life Away
  8. Chicago 1945
  9. Dream Away
This random hodge podge of tracks thrown together makes me loopy.

I don't argue for decanonizing a project often, but I think the Estate should "decanonize" the Michael album.

Good songs like Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, and The Way You Love Me deserve to be on a record like MJ wanted, even if it can't be exactly how he finished them.

Put with the interesting sketches like "Remember What I Told You", I Was The Loser, Scared of the Moon, etc and then some bonafide lost hits like TYLA, Don't Be Messin' Round, and God forbid, Ghost of Another Lover or Rocker, if they're even remotely close to looking at, it's a quality collection of great sounds that reinforce MJs artistic chops.

I don't argue for decanonizing a project often, but I think the Estate should "decanonize" the Michael album.

Good songs like Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, and The Way You Love Me deserve to be on a record like MJ wanted, even if it can't be exactly how he finished them.

Put with the interesting sketches like "Remember What I Told You", I Was The Loser, Scared of the Moon, etc and then some bonafide lost hits like TYLA, Don't Be Messin' Round, and God forbid, Ghost of Another Lover or Rocker, if they're even remotely close to looking at, it's a quality collection of great sounds that reinforce MJs artistic chops.
I agree, throw on Dancing For Love and use the David Williams guitar version of HT and you got a really solid project, which would be cool for fans.

The intro is quite sick, actually one of the best moments of the whole album. The bounce is odd but it fits the tension of the lyrical situation. It doesn't sound dated at all to me, not like the 80s, 90s, or 2014 at all.
I do imagine that the best version of DYKWYCA might be the original melody with the 2014 instrumentation and production... Now I'm just curious what that would sound like really.

I’ve always been intrigued by GOAL, It sounds very interesting, although it sounds like it has incomplete vocals

What are y'all's picks for the "holy grail" unreleased track, now that Chicago 1945 has been out a while ?

Personal holy grail:
"Rocker" is a unreleased song by Michael Jackson. It is unknown what project it was intended for.
The song was registered with the U.S. Copyright Office in 2010, and lists Brad Buxer as the producer.[1] "Rocker" was made at the Neverland Ranch in the early 2000s, reportedly 2004. On the X social media platform, Damien Shields would confirm details on the song a bunch of times.

"I don't know the exact date, but I was told by the engineer who recorded MJ's vocals that Rocker was recorded in a bathroom at Neverland ranch. So sometime before then end of 2004? I don't know exactly when. [...] The composition is not similar to "We Will Rock You", but the vocal melody and aggressive "spitting" style of vocal delivery in the verses are similar to it. VERY strong vocal. The verses are PURE nonsensical mumbling. The chorus is pretty close to complete. [...] The only issue is that MJ's voice is so loud on chorus that he blows the mic out on certain words Maybe he was too close to the mic. GREAT demo! Love it. It also has some excellent ad libs and strong "hoo hoo"s at the end. [...] "Rocker" has rock elements (guitar) hence the title. But the song would likely been called something else. In the chorus of Rocker (the only part of the song with proper lyrics - aside from the ad libs at the end) MJ sings: "The world is one big melting pot of life CLAP CLAP""— Damien Shields on X[2][3][4][5]

Personal holy grail for me is Dark Lady but in general yeah, Buffalo Bill is definitely the one. Song has been hyped up for over 40 years now.

Second would probably be Crack Kills, the song has had a good amount of hype surrounding it at least since Bad 25. No idea what comes after these 2 though lol.
I forgot about Crack Kills. Another good song sitting in the reserves.

Starting around 16:15, Sheila E tells a story of how she and Prince were listening to Bad at Paisley and Prince rejected the idea of a duet, recorded the song right there and deleted it right after. A few fans were skeptical because they didn't think Michael would send an unfinished demo to Paisley and Quincy said Prince came to Hayvenhurst to hear it, Brad Sundberg says Prince came to Westlake and Siedah also said Prince came to Westlake.

"So we invited Prince over to Michael's house at Hayvenhurst. He came in and he had an overcoat on, and he had a big white box labeled camille. He called Michael 'Camille.' The box had all kinds of stuff—some cuff links with Tootsie Rolls on them. Michael was scared to death—he thought there was some voodoo in there. I wanted to take it, because I knew Michael was gonna throw it away. Well, we sat at a table that held 24 people, at his house, family table, I said, 'Michael…Smelly, you sit over there so he doesn't feel like we're ganging up on him.' It started off funny. Michael said, 'I never been to Minnenapolis.' Prince said "—snapping angrily—" 'It's Minneapolis!' Oh God…man, this is not going too well. Then Janet went by. Prince said, 'Relax your lips, girl.' And it was not going well, that's for sure. Then we went upstairs, and he saw the chimpanzee and the snake, he said, 'Now, that's interesting.' And then he says to me, 'He doesn't need me on this—it's going to be a hit anyway.' Which is true." -- Quincy Jones

"I get so tired of stories being fabricated and twisted. I never saw a tape get sent to Prince, rather Prince came to Westlake (not Havenhurst) for an afternoon meeting. No chimps, no snakes, no drama. He heard the song Bad, they talked, he declined to participate, then we went back to work. If Quincy and Michael had a separate meeting with Prince at Havenhurst (which is possible but seems counterproductive), they didn't talk about it in the studio. But restructuring, recording and erasing a new version makes for a good story as it is impossible to prove or disprove." -- Brad Sundberg

Is this buffalo bill real ? Or ai
sub-buzz-3736-1663260449-10.jpg

What are y'all's picks for the "holy grail" unreleased track
So many “holy grails” to choose from... I'll pick the 2006 impromptu choir recording of The Fields of Athenry, from Ireland (if it’s true), and the Robert Burns musical (if that’s true) but also the classical music!!!

From the other songs, Monster or maybe Coco butter.
I’m very intrigued by Bottom of My Heart.
I can’t just pick one! It varies from day to day.

Back