The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Why did MJ choose to work with Bryan Loren in the first place?
Despite the quality of his output, and his cantankerous attitude (at least, towards fans,) the guy is a very talented musician and producer.

Another consideration is that he was working with Janet in 87/88, so I wouldn't be surprised if Michael poached him for that reason.

Why did MJ choose to work with Bryan Loren in the first place?

Teddy Riley worked on 2300 Jackson Street, I'm surprised MJ didn't try to get him to work on Decade/Dangerous at that point.

MJ choose to work with Bryan Loren because around 1989 he had someone on his team called Firmware Goldstein who was an A&R at Sony called who recommended Bryan Loren to him.

MJ choose to work with Bryan Loren because around 1989 he had someone on his team called Firmware Goldstein who was an A&R at Sony called who recommended Bryan Loren to him.
Bryan Loren stated that Michael Jackson chose to work with him because Michael Jackson liked Shanice's 'Discovery' album (released in 1987), which was written and produced by Bryan Loren.

Bryan Loren stated that Michael Jackson chose to work with him because Michael Jackson liked Shanice's 'Discovery' album (released in 1987), which was written and produced by Bryan Loren.

No it wasn't he met Firmware Goldstein in 1989. He wanted to work with Bryan Loren because Firmware said if he does he will play him a Vocaroo of an unreleased recording from the Invincible sessions which MJ hadnt created yet because this was 1989.

To be honest I think some Loren's work for MJ now sounds a bit cartoony since we associate it with Bart Simpson but I kinda can see MJ liking the fun of 'Work That Body' before that. If it was remixed well however it could be an amazing track imo: very catchy and those 'verbs' in between are amazing!

In the recent leaks we see MJ beatboxing parts of 'Serious Effect' in the studio, so he must have liked that one too.

'Man in Black' sounds cool but seems to miss a lot: I have no idea if what we hear is a chorus, pre-chorus or lyrics lol. Anyway once this was the most anticipated demo among fans so maybe there is more out there..?

'Superfly Sister' has a bit of a dull instrumentation but the vocals are amazing and toward the end it does get pretty funky..

To be honest I think some Loren's work for MJ now sounds a bit cartoony since we associate it with Bart Simpson but I kinda can see MJ liking the fun of 'Work That Body' before that. If it was remixed well however it could be an amazing track imo: very catchy and those 'verbs' in between are amazing!

In the recent leaks we see MJ beatboxing parts of 'Serious Effect' in the studio, so he must have liked that one too.

'Man in Black' sounds cool but seems to miss a lot: I have no idea if what we hear is a chorus, pre-chorus or lyrics lol. Anyway once this was the most anticipated demo among fans so maybe there is more out there..?

'Superfly Sister' has a bit of a dull instrumentation but the vocals are amazing and toward the end it does get pretty funky..
I personally like the instrumentation of Superfly Sister...a rarity for most Bryan tracks. There's Mind In The Magic, and this. Everything else could go.

Serious Effect and Superfly Sister are my favorites from the Loren sessions. His production doesn't feel fresh

“Superfly Sister” and “Serious Effect” are fantastic, in my opinion. Not groundbreaking, but the funk grooves and melodies are top-tier. Everything else is pretty middling.
To Satisfy You is the only Loren track that is good to me. 9/10. With or without Michael, i like it. The production is nice asf.

So somebody posted this snippet on discord

Is it real?

They say this is from 2:56 of the song

I think it is real but it could be a very good fake
Did they say what the alleged differences are between this version and the released one? I can’t quite tell what “1985 mix” is supposed to mean.

I'm sorry for what about to ask but how the heck do you sell a song on eBay??? How do you sell a song in general?
On ebay, it's people selling a cassette or CD that has a recording of a song. They're not selling the rights to the composition or the record, just the support that has the song on it.

Last edited:
It's an improvement. Too bad it still sounds filtered and LQ to me.. I always could hear much potential in this song. Vocal energy and musical counterpoints are great. Looking forward to the year 2101 when Branca's grandchildren finally yield and it's released on holoCD™ :p
I also approve of MJ's use of several "hee-hee's" on the song, the absence of said "hee-hee's" on most Invincible songs being reason #75 why I dislike that album so much.

Back