The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Now that the estate has made a deal with Porcaro, what are the odds they'll buy off Bryan Loren, too?
hot take but the Loren music is some of the worst MJ did in his adult career. I don’t like a single track they did together. Superfly is the best and it’s just alright imo

hot take but the Loren music is some of the worst MJ did in his adult career. I don’t like a single track they did together. Superfly is the best and it’s just alright imo
I like the Loren tracks but they're definitely not as great as the Teddy or Bottrell cuts. Some of these sound like cheesy kids' show themes ("Work That Body" comes to mind), while others are just plain undeveloped ("Serious Effect" and "She Got It"). The best in my opinion is Man In Black and the ending part of Serious Effect, because of how cool and slick they sound.

I like the Loren tracks but they're definitely not as great as the Teddy or Bottrell cuts. Some of these sound like cheesy kids' show themes ("Work That Body" comes to mind), while others are just plain undeveloped ("Serious Effect" and "She Got It"). The best in my opinion is Man In Black and the ending part of Serious Effect, because of how cool and slick they sound.
Serious Effect could be a single in my estimation. It sounds like classic Michael.

The biopic will have a smiliar effect on MJs popularity like This Is It.
And after TII there was a lot of unreleased music.
That was a different time. He had just passed away...& I don't recall them releasing much after Michael & Xscape. They are both a decade old now

That was a different time. He had just passed away...& I don't recall them releasing much after Michael & Xscape. They are both a decade old now
after TII they released a lot of unreleased songs on Michael, Bad25 and Xscape
After what is probably the most successful biopic of all time, one can expect something similar
if not 2026, then when?

after TII they released a lot of unreleased songs on Michael, Bad25 and Xscape
After what is probably the most successful biopic of all time, one can expect something similar
I believe there is enough material for one more album and that’s it. Probably about 10 album quality songs in the vault.

1. I don't have exact proof, but well-respected trader DJ Topcat has testified that he saw some high-level hip-hop producers with both SDMW and Dangerous.
Then don't say "last time I checked", because you're just quoting someone else. I speak to "high-level" producers too. I'm telling you there's no proof of it other than someone claiming such.

2. I assumed that too back when it was first uploaded, but some users have brought up certain issues with the track (how the sample of MJ's speech at Neverland sounded fan-made, how amateurish the mix sounds, etc.) that made me think otherwise.
Again, its a rough mix, I know what it's sourced from. I told you what it actually is, if you don't want to listen to it then I really don't care.

I believe there is enough material for one more album and that’s it. Probably about 10 album quality songs in the vault.

Album 1:

Chicago 1945
Buffalo Bill
Days in Gloucestershire
Dream Away
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Hot Street
I Was the Loser (2008)
If You Don't Love Me

Album 2:
Joy
Make or Break
Men in Black
Nite Line
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
Throwin' Your Life Away
What More Can I Give (Solo)

We basically had not 2 but 4 new albums since 2009. Michael 2010, Bad 25 second disc 2012, Xscape 2014 and Thriller 40 disc 2 of 2023.

So they were going on a good steady pace, I don’t know what happened for the Estate to not release in 2016 and 2018. I understand why things were put on hold post 2019 but it looks like we’re back on track since 2023.

I'm not sure why he even chose to work with him.

Teddy Riley worked on the 2300 Jackson Street album, he should've been working with Teddy earlier.

I suspect the reason the estate decided to not deal with Bryan Loren is because he probably asked for an outrageous amount for his stuff.

Times seem to have been tough for him lately, so maybe they'll strike a deal with Loren lol
I’d rather they buy out Quincy and Rod. Ik Bruce Swedien has a ton of tapes at his house in Florida.

We basically had not 2 but 4 new albums since 2009. Michael 2010, Bad 25 second disc 2012, Xscape 2014 and Thriller 40 disc 2 of 2023.

So they were going on a good steady pace, I don’t know what happened for the Estate to not release in 2016 and 2018. I understand why things were put on hold post 2019 but it looks like we’re back on track since 2023.
Bad 25 had six previously unreleased tracks, while Thriller 40 also had six, most of which were previously leaked (or released in some other form.)

Regardless, the issue with the Estate isn't the quantity of their releases; it's the quality.

Album 1:
Chicago 1945
Buffalo Bill
Days in Gloucestershire
Dream Away
Hot Street
I Was the Loser (2008)
If You Don't Love Me

Album 2:
Joy
Make or Break
Men in Black
Nite Line
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
Throwin' Your Life Away
Days in Gloucestershire is not finished, I was the loser, if you don’t love me, nite line, seeing voices & serious effect are not strong enough for a release imo.

Album 1:
Chicago 1945
Buffalo Bill
Days in Gloucestershire
Dream Away
Hot Street
I Was the Loser (2008)
If You Don't Love Me

Album 2:
Joy
Make or Break
Men in Black
Nite Line
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
Throwin' Your Life Away
Don’t forget Streetwalker 87 and possibly Tomboy

Days in Gloucestershire is not finished, I was the loser, if you don’t love me, nite line, seeing voices & serious effect are not strong enough for a release imo.
you are right, DIG isn't a good idea - a remastered version of Beautiful Girl would be better (@Beano Wild already did it)
IYDLM needs to be shortened to 3:00 minutes
a remastered version of Shout with louder and clearer vocals could also be released
Serious Effect is pretty good in my opinion

I wouldn't mind hearing a recreation of Dark Lady tbh, with Damien and AlwaysThere's descriptions of the song it could be done with more ease and with certain accuracy, or at least easier to be made compared to a song like Buffalo Bill which there's barely any description of.
  • It opens with the “Under Pressure”-esque bass line, followed by the drums and other miscellaneous instruments.
  • One of the melodies has an Arabic flavor. I’m not entirely sure what this means, but I presumed it has something to do with either the delivery or the mode it was written in.
  • The chorus is entirely in falsetto.
  • The bridge consists of beatboxing, rapid strings, and synth orchestra hits.
  • Lyrics include: “Dark lady, she knows what she wants every time,” “She is the right one/She keeps on turning ‘round,” “Save me from her/Save me from the evil one.” Bear in mind, most of the vocal is completely unintelligible, so these likely aren’t exact.
  • There are no copy/pasting of vocals—MJ sang it all the way through, top to bottom, so every chorus is slightly different.

That thread on Twitter is about a reissue of XSCAPE Damien wrote an article about back in 2014. He called it “Xscape 2.0” and said that there was a reissue coming out with songs like “The Loser” and “Hot Fun” possibly included on it. When the project eventually ended up not happening (not sure why, or maybe it wasn’t ever real and Damien was lied to), Damien deleted the article from his website, however someone uploaded the article to YouTube (the article is in the description) which I’ve linked below. The producer working with the estate back in 2018 is a whole different can of worms and is an entirely seperate project, and now it looks like that producer was in fact Brody Brown. Both very mysterious, but it sounds like we’re gonna eventually hear the work Brody did for the estate back in 2018.
regarding "Xscape 2.0"

For some reason I believe that the real song actually might sound like this concept.
well-there-it-is-smile.gif

the real thing can't be better than this

For some reason I believe that the real song actually might sound like this concept.
I can't get this chorus outta my head. Now I'm determined to hear the real deal. I hope it's kinda similar. This is amazing af. What does he mean he used only a prompt for a.i? Can anyone explain the process of this song?

Last edited:

Sounds amazing for something AI generated, I’d love to hear more of this stuff- especially for tracks we’ll likely never get to hear (Innocent Man, Dark Lady/H2O, Boy No, You Created A Monster, I’m Dreamin’, etc.)

Back