The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

hot take but the Loren music is some of the worst MJ did in his adult career. I don’t like a single track they did together. Superfly is the best and it’s just alright imo
He sang the heck out of them all and that's all that matters. Serious Effect is genuinely quite cool though.

All of them could be "contemporized" and they'd fit in very well with today's standards.

xD

here's more.

Break Of Dawn is MILEEEEES better than You Are Not Alone...
Heartbreaker is better than Why You Wanna Trip On Me

... :p
I agree with C45 and BOD. But I like Trip better than Heartbreaker. lol.

Did MJ stipulate
I disagree, I think it has better lyrics, a stronger vocal, and is less repetitive.
Annie Are You Ok is the catchiest refrain in history. The Bassline of Smooth Criminal is insane. It is the only song to surpass the Thriller Era in pure iconism.

The extended cut is definitely way better than the album version, especially as awfully mastered as it is nowadays.

Did MJ stipulate
Yes, but even MJ said something was missing, and Quincy has always had mixed opinions. Don’t get me wrong; the video and choreography are excellent, and the song is truly a great song. However, it lacks the carefree, virtuosic vocals of OTW and Thriller, which I feel C1945 has.

I won't disagree with enjoying his singing more. He definitely sounded full form on it. The tune itself, just in its current form, is lacking something. It's basically a bridge if that makes sense.

I like Behind The Mask more than most of Thrillers cuts so I suppose I understand.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but when I listen to Chicago 1945 I always think it's as if there's something missing, as if there's a hole that doesn't let the track enter my brain, I wish it would but it never did 'the earworm' effect.

I think it's mainly due to the production of the instrumental, if it's given to some other producer and he can do a good job I'm sure I would finally be able to appreciate it.

Maybe it's just me, but when I listen to Chicago 1945 I always think it's as if there's something missing, as if there's a hole that doesn't let the track enter my brain, I wish it would but it never did 'the earworm' effect.

I think it's mainly due to the production of the instrumental, if it's given to some other producer and he can do a good job I'm sure I would finally be able to appreciate it.
I personally really enjoy Azura's Remix. To me is the superior version out there.

Al Capone is better than Smooth Criminal and it should've been the gangster song to have made it to the Bad album
03ROCKWELL-MEME1-pfvk-superJumbo.jpg

The only negative about it is that the bridge is too short, if only it was a tad bit longer the song would've been perfect. Easily one of the best songs the Estate has released.

Al Capone is better than Smooth Criminal and it should've been the gangster song to have made it to the Bad album
03ROCKWELL-MEME1-pfvk-superJumbo.jpg

The only negative about it is that the bridge is too short, if only it was a tad bit longer the song would've been perfect. Easily one of the best songs the Estate has released.
Now this is the kind of mental illness I can sign off on

Back