The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Damn, fake or not, that "Rich Girl" snippet is an earworm groove. The length throws me off, though. Korg wouldn't put a snippet out of that size. Unless maybe it was looped.
I’m guessing it’s ai and someone put korgnex tag on it to make it seem real

Its so funny that this person is claiming to have "Rich Girl" which was produced by Brad Buxer yet the production style is CLEARLY meant to emulate Bryan Loren lol. Next please.

Its so funny that this person is claiming to have "Rich Girl" which was produced by Brad Buxer yet the production style is CLEARLY meant to emulate Bryan Loren lol. Next please.
Yea, does kinda have that "New Jack" feel to it. Have you heard the real one ?

Someone above asked why we don’t know about certain songs.

Very simple to answer.

If you put a price next to something collectible, 50% of potential buyers don’t want it anymore.
It‘s decreasing the value. Same with paintings, cars whatsoever.
So the plan is to sucker people in by being intentionally vague, then spring the price on them as they're asking to know more.

...sounds a bit scummy to me, but okay.

(EXTRA NOTE: Names aren't really the same as prices. I've seen collectors not list their prices yet have the common courtesy to at least name what they're selling.)

Last edited:
Someone above asked why we don’t know about certain songs.

Very simple to answer.

If you put a price next to something collectible, 50% of potential buyers don’t want it anymore.
It‘s decreasing the value. Same with paintings, cars whatsoever.
Stop acting like you know shit, you're a joke.
So the plan is to sucker people in by being intentionally vague, then spring the price on them as they're asking to know more.

...sounds a bit scummy to me, but okay.
But this doesn't happen... You always for the most part can get just enough details to know what you're getting.

Damien said that the producer the Estate was referring to was someone who was a former collaborator of MJ's. It's still a surprise as to who that was. https://x.com/DamienShields/status/1612097901441974273
That thread on Twitter is about a reissue of XSCAPE Damien wrote an article about back in 2014. He called it “Xscape 2.0” and said that there was a reissue coming out with songs like “The Loser” and “Hot Fun” possibly included on it. When the project eventually ended up not happening (not sure why, or maybe it wasn’t ever real and Damien was lied to), Damien deleted the article from his website, however someone uploaded the article to YouTube (the article is in the description) which I’ve linked below. The producer working with the estate back in 2018 is a whole different can of worms and is an entirely seperate project, and now it looks like that producer was in fact Brody Brown. Both very mysterious, but it sounds like we’re gonna eventually hear the work Brody did for the estate back in 2018.

Unless i'm reading the conversation wrong, this is in regards to people they approached in 2014. Nothing to do with what was going on during 2018..
That thread on Twitter is about a reissue of XSCAPE Damien wrote an article about back in 2014. He called it “Xscape 2.0” and said that there was a reissue coming out with songs like “The Loser” and “Hot Fun” included on it. When the project eventually ended up not happening (not sure why, or maybe it wasn’t ever real and Damien was lied to), Damien deleted the article from his website, however someone uploaded the article to YouTube (the article is in the description) which I’ve linked below. The producer working with the estate back in 2018 is a whole different can of worms and is an entirely seperate project, and now it looks like that producer was in fact Brody Brown. Both very mysterious, but it sounds like we’re gonna eventually hear the work Brody did for the estate back in 2018.
Yeah my bad I completely misremembered the tweet lol, I thought it referred to the 2018 single release. Brody Brown was most definitely the producer the Estate was referring to then.

Last edited:
That thread on Twitter is about a reissue of XSCAPE Damien wrote an article about back in 2014. He called it “Xscape 2.0” and said that there was a reissue coming out with songs like “The Loser” and “Hot Fun” possibly included on it. When the project eventually ended up not happening (not sure why, or maybe it wasn’t ever real and Damien was lied to), Damien deleted the article from his website, however someone uploaded the article to YouTube (the article is in the description) which I’ve linked below. The producer working with the estate back in 2018 is a whole different can of worms and is an entirely seperate project, and now it looks like that producer was in fact Brody Brown. Both very mysterious, but it sounds like we’re gonna eventually hear the work Brody did for the estate back in 2018.

Steve Pocaro has sold the rights to his music. The unreleased tracks now belong to the Jackson estate.

If Steve Porcaro only gave Chicago 1945 and Dream Away, is this due to the fact that the songs were leaked on the internet or is it only the two remaining songs?
I knew about the song before this seminar even happened, I can confirm the title is indeed "Dream Away".
Can you tell us if there are any other songs between Steve Porcaro and MJ? Can you tell us if Just For Now and Get Your Back are real songs?

I've listened to the Rich Girl snippet again, the way he sings "justice" and Monkey Business are off. It's definitely the JB harmonies that are most convincing (not sure if JB is what is being sung)

If the snippet had been 30 seconds rather than a minute, I think it'd fool a lot of people no doubt. Terrifying thought

If only the people who put in so much work in AI to make fake tracks would try to restore (and maybe even finish) the already existing demo's..

Still so odd to me that they only send people the vocal tracks, god forbid songs sound anything like the original versions.
I wonder: is there any song remixed/finished in a style according to it's right era..?
Even the ones that sound pretty good, like 'Behind The Mask', is more late 80's style instead of early 80's

If only the people who put in so much work in AI to make fake tracks would try to restore (and maybe even finish) the already existing demo's..
Some people already do that thankfully. Recently I found an A.I recreation of The Loser and it was one of the A.I recreations I've been looking forward to hear the most. Not a lot was changed, but now it should sound close to how the latest version of the demo sounds like.

Last edited:
I would like to hear the very first C1945 in 1984. Before it was altered at all actually.
Personally I want to hear the 2004 demo the most, or the 2008/2009 rework if there is one. I wanna see if MJ changed the song entirely compared to the 80's version or if that funky 80's sound was still present throughout the decades. I still can't believe MJ spent so much time working on that track honestly lol.

Personally I want to hear the 2004 demo the most, or the 2008/2009 rework if there is one. I wanna see if MJ changed the song entirely compared to the 80's version or if that funky 80's sound was still present throughout the decades. I still can't believe MJ spent so much time working on that track honestly lol.
There isn't a 2004 demo. An 80s mix of C45 was among the pool of songs chosen for TUC.

There isn't a 2004 demo. An 80s mix of C45 was among the pool of songs chosen for TUC.
Damien Shields said in his website that C1945 was reworked at Neverland in 2004. The page is now gone for some reason.
"The song Chicago 1945, on the other hand, makes a number of significant Chicago-related citations. The World's Fair (which visited Chicago), The Chicago Tribune (local newspaper), Al Capone (of The Chicago Outfit fame), and so on. While making these citations it tells the story of a mysterious disappearance in the area. "Three girls disappeared on a cold windy night, never to be found again, never to be found again!" sings Jackson in the first verse. Who solved the mystery late Chicago night? Ya can't hide the truth so won't ya turn on the light" he continues in the choruses, before launching into a flurry of high-pitched "hoo-hoo" and "hee-hee" ad libs. The track finishes with Jackson chanting "Chicago! Chicago!" over and over in his trademark, gritty (slightly angry) vocal-style. The track was constantly on Jackson's mind over the course of his career, and was worked on during the Invincible sessions and again at Neverland in 2004."
https://www.damienshields.com/xscape...he-was-lovin-me-and-chicago-one-and-the-same/

I'm not sure how accurate this is now that I see it mentions the song being reworked during Invincible even though that's an unconfirmed rumor.

Estate/Sony are refering to the song as a Bad sessions recording.

lBAcwTk.jpeg

I'm always weary of passing judgements on snippets. I remember back before Bad 25 was released, maybe in 2010 this short snippet of Don't Be Messin' Round leaked and most of us dismissed it.

In fairness, between 2008-2012 the only knowledge we had of the song was Bruce Swedien saying it was "mesmerising there's nothing like it" so the snippet didn't seem to fit the description

I'm always weary of passing judgements on snippets. I remember back before Bad 25 was released, maybe in 2010 this short snippet of Don't Be Messin' Round leaked and most of us dismissed it.

In fairness, between 2008-2012 the only knowledge we had of the song was Bruce Swedien saying it was "mesmerising there's nothing like it" so the snippet didn't seem to fit the description
Could it be that there is a totally different version of Don't Be Messin' from the one released in Bad 25? Pretty much like the demos for PYT and Someone Put Your Hand Out.

From Bruce's words it should have been a masterpiece, whereas the one we have sounds like a mediocre demo at best tbh.

Still so odd to me that they only send people the vocal tracks, god forbid songs sound anything like the original versions.
I agree, but it's probably so they don't have to pay royalties or give credit to anyone who worked on the musical portions.

I agree, but it's probably so they don't have to pay royalties or give credit to anyone who worked on the musical portions.
I would believe that, but the last time people were sent only the vocal tracks on a posthumous project, the Estate decided to include the original versions on its deluxe edition.

Back