The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I think the “Stop Throwin’ Your Life Away” snippets are fake. Kai is either scamming or got scammed.

Why do the vocals sound so poorly filtered? Neff-U had access to a high-quality mix and only added overdubs. Why are most of the instruments completely different to the leaked mix? Damien Shields said Neff-U only added guitar and strings. Why is it pitched down from the leaked mix? It just doesn’t align with anything we know about the 2010 mix.
Agreed. Doesn't make any sense at all to me that it would sound that bad when he used a hq mixdown to add his overdubs.

that AI song was used in an attempt by TAHMJ to scam TYLA 2010 from Kai.

but he failed

I think the “Stop Throwin’ Your Life Away” snippets are fake. Kai is either scamming or got scammed.

Why do the vocals sound so poorly filtered? Neff-U had access to a high-quality mix and only added overdubs. Why are most of the instruments completely different to the leaked mix? Damien Shields said Neff-U only added guitar and strings. Why is it pitched down from the leaked mix? It just doesn’t align with anything we know about the 2010 mix.
i didnt got scammed.. i never paid money for it.

It was about that and it also explicitly mentioned not distributing any sort of unauthorized MJ material in any form.
i don't care.. they should go on and send C&D to everyone then.

It's rumoured that when MJ gave TYLA to Neff-U for him to work on he gave him a version which had a different vocal take with finalized vocals. Does the remix have any more vocals or are the vocals exactly the same as the version from the seminar leak?
The vocals to the authentic one should contain lines like, " Sally, don't let the devil get you"

They differ from the leaked recording if it's the vocal take I'm thinking of.

Steve Pocaro has sold the rights to his music. The unreleased tracks now belong to the Jackson estate.

Well there we go. What a crazy change. It's gonna be Will I Am and Rod Temperton's Estates turn next?

Steve Pocaro has sold the rights to his music. The unreleased tracks now belong to the Jackson estate.

Chicago 1945 Timbaland Remix ft. Pitbull coming up

So this confirms that Dream Away might get an official release at some point, Steve said at a seminar that didn't want to release it due to it being too unfinished so he wanted to give it to some other artist instead. I guess that's out of the window now lol.

And also is it just me or does it also indirectly confirm that the songs "Get You Back" and "Just For Now" aren't exactly MJ songs? If they were the article would've mentioned there was 4 more songs in the MJ vault but it only mentions Dream Away and C1945 as the only remaining songs. If anything they were probably just writer's demos meant for MJ.

Porcaro said, Jackson asked him to collaborate on songs for his next project with his brothers, which became the Jacksons’ “Victory.”

“Of course I said yes,” Porcaro recalled. He handed Jackson a tape with an upbeat track he had been working on.

A couple of weeks later, Porcaro said, Jackson showed up unannounced at Paich’s home studio, where Porcaro was living. “I got a vocal idea I want to throw on our tune,” Jackson told him. He got on the mic and recorded nine vocal lines — lead parts, harmonies, backups — with lyrics referencing Chicago in the year 1945, like the Cubs losing the World Series. Jackson finished in about 40 minutes and abruptly left.

“Nine vocal passes, start to finish, and he splits,” Porcaro said, still in awe of Jackson at his peak. “It was sung perfectly. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life.”

Days later, at about 9 a.m., came another unexpected knock at the door. “Let’s do something,” Jackson said. This time they created a song from scratch: “Dream Away,” a soft ballad with “Human Nature” vibes. After sketching lyrics in a notebook and quickly recording his lead vocal, Jackson once again took off.

Porcaro digitized the original tapes, and a few years ago he began working on the tracks, calling in new collaborators — including some who had played on “Thriller,” like the keyboardist Greg Phillinganes and the horn arranger Jerry Hey. “Dream Away,” recorded a hair too fast, required a computerized tempo adjustment.

I‘m from Germany and cant read that article unfortunately. Who owns the songs now? The Estate? Sony?

I‘m from Germany and cant read that article unfortunately. Who owns the songs now? The Estate? Sony?
By Ben Sisario

"The fine print of Porcaro’s catalog deal is complex. But in essence, Primary Wave and the Jackson estate will split majority ownership of a handful of his songs, including “Human Nature” and the two unreleased Jackson songs; many more pieces, including Porcaro’s film and TV compositions, will go to Primary Wave.

Porcaro will retain a 15 percent stake in the catalog aside from the two unreleased Jackson recordings, which are being fully acquired by the Jackson estate. Bettis, the lyricist on “Human Nature,” was not involved in the deal.

For the Jackson estate, the transaction is a way to bring in more of Jackson’s work. “We want to control everything Michael’s done,” John Branca, Jackson’s longtime lawyer and the co-executor of his estate, said in an interview. Larry Mestel, the founder of Primary Wave, noted that the deal increases his company’s stake in Toto, since its portfolio also includes the catalog of Jeff Porcaro. (Primary Wave also owns a minority share of Jackson’s music publishing rights.)

What happens to the two unreleased songs by Porcaro and Jackson is unclear. Branca said the estate is focused on its upcoming Jackson biopic and has no immediate plans to release them."

For the Jackson estate, the transaction is a way to bring in more of Jackson’s work. “We want to control everything Michael’s done,” John Branca, Jackson’s longtime lawyer and the co-executor of his estate, said in an interview.

What happens to the two unreleased songs by Porcaro and Jackson is unclear. Branca said the estate is focused on its upcoming Jackson biopic and has no immediate plans to release them."
I assume that they must be on the soundtrack of the biopic. I recall Teddy Riley said “they” are trying to get people like him and Michael Prince to work on “something”.

My best guess is that the estate actually put in some effort in collecting the tracks they don’t have for once.

I wonder if they have contacted bea Swedien to buy the tapes Bruce had at his house.

It’d be cool if there is a deluxe version of the soundtrack with unreleased songs/demos:

I imagine a tracklist like this:

1. Chicago 1945
2. im dreamin (ft. Will.i.am) (he was in T40)
3. Just remember (demo)
4. Dark Lady (demo)
5. Make or break
6. Boy No (demo)
7. Dancing for love (demo) (RedOne)
8. Buffalo bill
9. Joy
10. Dream away

I'm excited to see how the Estate is gonna handle Chicago 1945 now that they have full creative control on it, the song isn't bad but as ironic as it is to Steve I always thought the song could benefit from a remix. The vocals are fine but the instrumental is very dull imo.

If they give it to a top producer like Teddy Riley or Neff-U (even Timbaland would be great imo) while including the Bad era demo of C1945 it'd be the best of both worlds - contemporize the song the way the Estate wants, but also let us hear it the way MJ intended to be heard. I'm sure Steve wouldn't feel too bothered that way.

Back