The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I'm not sure if it's the new instruments that are really drowning everything out, but when I try to make out the OG sounds the impression I'm getting is the same as I had when I first heard the HQ file of C1945 and compared it to the seminar leak; the song isn't that hard hitting.

The seminar recording made it sound like TYLA was one of the hardest MJ songs there was but so far it sounds very weak when compared to his other grittier songs. I'm starting to see why it never made it to any album.

And also I have the feeling that the full song is very close to leaking lol. Sometimes when snippets leak back to back like that the song ends up getting leaked not too long after. Just remember how it was like when Chicago 1945/GYWOOM/Family Thing first leaked.

Another snippet
This song is a track that could use work from someone like timbaland. He knows how to re-work tracks to have hard hitting sounds (think slave to the rhythm) and this song would have been right for it. But thats just me. It's hard to make judgements tho as this sounds like someone re-recorded an instrumental over an amateur recording of the song.

Regarding TYLA and the majority, if not all unreleased songs, there's a reason why they are unreleased. They were never good enough to make an album. I really can't think of anything right now which I thought to myself, "how did this not make the final album?".

They are fun to listen to and at this point, all we have that is "new". And there have been a few gems and I'm sure there are more gems in the vault, but always never quite strong enough to hold up against what made it on the albums.

Regarding TYLA and the majority, if not all unreleased songs, there's a reason why they are unreleased. They were never good enough to make an album.
A lot of the times it's actually just the fact that trends change. Buffalo Bill was Post Thriller, it's opportunity was Victory. I can't imagine it fitting in 3 years later on Bad. Although, Liberian Girl and Another Part of Me made it, and they were technically older.

TYLA originated in 1988, a year after Bad. MJs next album was 1991, with Dangerous. It sounds nothing like anything he cooked up with Teddy. So it just made logical sense to not be there.

Yet he was intending to come back to it for his follow up to Invincible. Because at that point, what's old is new again.

Reactions: ssj
So is it safe to say at this point that collectors own all the remixes that were made for the Michael album? I mean, we got the DYKWYCA, SWLM, STTR, WALWTG and we're about to get TYLA 2010 and that's pretty much everything that was picked for the album. Is it a guarantee that someone out there has the 2010 remixes of A Place With No Name and Blue Gangsta as well?

So is it safe to say at this point that collectors own all the remixes that were made for the Michael album? I mean, we got the DYKWYCA, SWLM, STTR, WALWTG and we're about to get TYLA 2010 and that's pretty much everything that was picked for the album. Is it a guarantee that someone out there has the 2010 remixes of A Place With No Name and Blue Gangsta as well?
There’s a 2010 mix of APWNN?

There’s a 2010 mix of APWNN?
There is, and it's said that both the remixes of APWNN and Blue Gangsta are faithful to the original versions. I'm dying to hear them personally, the demo of APWNN is imo one of the best unreleased MJ songs out there and Stargate butchered it with their remix.
Q: How do you know if "A Place With No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" will be on the next album?

F: That I know. This is confirmed.

Q: Great, we look forward to that! Do you intend to edit the song "Blue Gangsta", like a fresh remake?

F: Actually, I've already done so for "Blue Gangsta". I've updated it a bit, the song is completed, ready to go. It will be completely different from the version leaked on the net. It is perfectly calibrated to enter a nightclub. It sounds very European in style productions Kraftwerk.

What leaked was an updated mix from March 1999. No idea what's up with the version of APWNN that leaked, seems like it's the same as the released demo but just a bit longer.
Would love to know how that snippet got to BBC's hands. Also we know that the channel that featured Deepak Chopra have "Breath" in their hands which is hilarious to me. The song has to be forgotten in their files.

Back