The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Rodney Jerkins recently played Tyrese’s version of 2000 Watts at a house party, it’s really interesting how much MJ and Teddy Riley developed the song from this demo.
Tyrese mentioned the song was going to be on his "2000 Watts" album and when Teddy was in the studio with Michael, he played it and Michael said he wanted it but Teddy told him no but Michael was persistent. Teddy called Tyrese and said Michael wanted it and Tyrese offered it

Some info on two songs:

# You're The One

On US Copyright, the performer is Jennifer Holliday. On BMI, it is clearly indicated that MJ performs on this song.

# You Are The One

There is a song that I helped you compose called "You Are My Life" that is on the album and it was one of the best things that I have helped to conceive in my entire life. "You Are My Life" is one of the most preferred things my.
But there are other beautiful memories of other songs that we compose and have never been released as a song called "You Are The One" and another song called "I Have This Dream" that David Foster helped us write and produce.

There is also the title "I Am That One" on the lists of titles found in 2009 at MJ. Maybe a link. Damien Shields has no information.

Some info on two songs:

# You're The One

On US Copyright, the performer is Jennifer Holliday. On BMI, it is clearly indicated that MJ performs on this song.

# You Are The One

There is a song that I helped you compose called "You Are My Life" that is on the album and it was one of the best things that I have helped to conceive in my entire life. "You Are My Life" is one of the most preferred things my.
But there are other beautiful memories of other songs that we compose and have never been released as a song called "You Are The One" and another song called "I Have This Dream" that David Foster helped us write and produce.

There is also the title "I Am That One" on the lists of titles found in 2009 at MJ. Maybe a link. Damien Shields has no information.
Thank you so much for this amazing info!

Wish we could get more info from Carole Bayer Sager regarding "Goin to Rio".
I remember that she was already asked about this title and she said that she didn't know this title at all. I'll have to find this interview again, I'm pretty sure.
There is also a rumor that Paulinho Da Costa mentioned this title, but I never found it.

I remember that she was already asked about this title and she said that she didn't know this title at all. I'll have to find this interview again, I'm pretty sure.
There is also a rumor that Paulinho Da Costa mentioned this title, but I never found it.
I think Mike was asked about the song in the Mexico Deposition in 93, he was asked "Goin' to Rio"? and Mike replied "Going where?" 😅

Rodney Jerkins recently played Tyrese’s version of 2000 Watts at a house party, it’s really interesting how much MJ and Teddy Riley developed the song from this demo.
Clearly fake lol, why would Rodney have/share a random writer's demo that he never even worked on?

It sounds cool, but something tells me this was AI-generated with Jukebox....

Question, two things actually

1. Was This Is It gonna go to other continents like Australia, Japan, and North America? Im reading in articles that that was supposed to be the plan

2. What news source treated/said the best things about Michael or at least was the least nosy ones (Ex: NBC, LA Times, ABC)

Was This Is It gonna go to other continents like Australia, Japan, and North America? Im reading in articles that that was supposed to be the plan
According to Jermaine Jackson's book, and other sources I guess, that was allegedly the plan. In 2011. Among, other things, a new album, a reunion tour with the Jackson's, and a new Superbowl halftime show to top his very first one.

According to Jermaine Jackson's book, and other sources I guess, that was allegedly the plan. In 2011. Among, other things, a new album, a reunion tour with the Jackson's, and a new Superbowl halftime show to top his very first one.
One thing about Jermaine……he’s gonna make sure to include a reunion tour.

Oh fuck yea. That Super Bowl half time would have been the greatest period

I think it would've happened lol. Not anything exciting though.
Really? I enjoyed their performances during the 30th Anniversary but I think that's when it should've taken place since Michael didn't plan one for Invincible

Michael also spoke about recording three (?) new songs with his brothers in a radio interview

Was the new album gonna be like Xscape? I’d honestly doubt he’d come back with a classical music album imo

Wish we could get more info from Carole Bayer Sager regarding "Goin to Rio".
I found the interview with Carole Bayer Sager in a French magazine: Mjbackstage. She doesn't know "Goin' To Rio".

MJB. Some specialized websites credit you with collaborating on a title titled I Go To RIO…

CBS. That doesn't mean anything to me...

MJB. It is also rumored that you collaborated on a song called Stop The War. Can you tell us more?

CBS. Ouhhh… I think this song is actually We’ve Had Enough. We wrote this song with Rodney Jerkins around the time of Invincible, the album that marked my last professional collaboration with Michael. Besides, I don’t know if you know this but he dedicated this album to me. I believe he did it out of gratitude for introducing him to Rodney Jerkins.

MJB. So this song was originally called Stop The War but it was then retitled to We’ve Had Enough, is that right? Did you work on this song in two different periods?

CBS. No, we planned to put this track on the Invincible album. When we wrote the song, Michael wanted to include it on his album, but he didn't choose it. I wasn't there when he recorded his vocals on the track. But, as you know, Michael was always very interested in what was happening in the world, and he was involved in making change. The song is about that.

Was the new album gonna be like Xscape? I’d honestly doubt he’d come back with a classical music album imo
It would've been like Michael but more polished. Without the Casio tracks or the random outtakes from the prior album sessions.

We don't know what it would have been like. He also wasn't gonna release an album straight away and was going to release singles and then make them an album later.

Obviously it's not a 100 percent indication of what he would have released, but I think looking at the list in his bedroom can give you good idea of what he was looking to have worked on.

I also very much doubt the whole reunion album with his brothers thing. I think it was pretty clear that MJ was not interested.

Last edited:
Here he is in 1999 talking about a reunion album with his brothers, at 0:52
MJ often said he was doing or was going to do something when he really had no interest in actually doing it. I think the many times that the brothers tried to get MJ back with them on a record and it not happening speaks for itself.

Also as a side note I'm not entirely sure what MJ saying something in 1999 has to do with what I said.

Last edited:
Here he is in 1999 talking about a reunion album with his brothers, at 0:52
He was likely referring to the Jacksons scrapped "Humanity" album as they probably had plans to release it later. Here's some context from the letter sent to Jermaine from MJJ dated May 22nd, 1995 with an intended release of third quarter 1996

"In accordance with our previous conversations, this letter shall serve to confirm our commitment as(to) you regarding the permission of Michael Jackson on THE "JACKSON HUMANITY ALBUM." PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LETTER IS INTENDED TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENT OF YOUR INVESTOR REGARDING THE PARTICIPATION OF CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE JACKSON FAMILY, INCLUDING MICHAEL JACKSON...up to two (2) songs be included on the described album, it being understood and agreed that the vocal performance by Michael Jackson may be as a solo or featured performer or as a member of a group and that we shall have approval of all elements of the recordings."

Back