The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

How so? It uses the multitracks from the 1994 session. The version on the Michael album is essentially overdubs and adds unnecessary elements to this mix.
The 1994 version is just strings and guitar, iirc. I'm also not 100 percent sure but I don't think all the elements from Bruce's mix are in the leaked multis.

Last edited:
He recorded a bit more than that. The whole 1st verse and some of the 2nd too.
Isn't the working version just Michael singing the chorus while Mary and D'Angelo cover the verses? Why didn't they use a verse if he had one? John Branca and Michael Prince both said he only recorded a little bit of it

The 1994 version is just strings and guitar, iirc.
The original recorded version was just Michael and a guitar according to Rob

Haven't heard the released version. I don't recall any other overdubs on the song, though there's an outside chance we put strings on it. If so, maybe Geoff Grace who's here on GS would remember. He and Brad were doing string arrangements for some of the songs during that part of the project. Other than that, it was just Mj and guitar

Haven't heard the released version. I don't recall any other overdubs on the song, though there's an outside chance we put strings on it. If so, maybe Geoff Grace who's here on GS would remember. He and Brad were doing string arrangements for some of the songs during that part of the project. Other than that, it was just Mj and guitar
Bruce made a mix with added strings, MJ said he loved it, so of course the estate didn't release that version.

I don't think he actually have clarity on that. Casey made it sound like MJ recorded both verses in one tweet and then said he only recorded one in another. I sometimes feel like people are unclear on purpose. Lol.

Michael only recorded the chorus. I don't care for this one
I couldn't care less for the original version but the 2014 remix seems to be incredible. I hope the estate ends up releasing that version instead of making a whole new remix of it like they did for all the songs on Xscape, even though they already had remixes done for those songs beforehand.

I couldn't care less for the original version but the 2014 remix seems to be incredible. I hope the estate ends up releasing that version instead of making a whole new remix of it like they did for all the songs on Xscape, even though they already had remixes done for those songs beforehand.
We got the 2010 Love Never Felt So Good, so that's easily done.

So I was right.

No. It’s a fully mixed version by Bruce Swedien, a snippet of the 1994 version was included on JC’s Musicology.
The strings were added later yeah. That's not what I'd call fully mixed also.

I don't think he actually have clarity on that. Casey made it sound like MJ recorded both verses in one tweet and then said he only recorded one in another. I sometimes feel like people are unclear on purpose. Lol.
Same way it's unclear if there's hundreds of songs in the vault or exactly 16 left.

So I was right.

The strings were added later yeah. That's not what I'd call fully mixed also.
Well, MJ did give his approval for release. I think anything he considered ready for release can be equated to fully mixed. It does frustrate me that the Estate has never released this version- even in the 20 seconds this arrangement is so much better than what we got.

Songs like Much Too Soon should never have been remixed. They should have respected the fact Michael approved that mix. If he says it's a releasable mix, there's no debate.

I like most of John McClain's posthumous remixes, but that accordion had no business being there. It ruined the song for me. Thankfully we have fan edits and the acapella to enjoy

Songs like Much Too Soon should never have been remixed. They should have respected the fact Michael approved that mix. If he says it's a releasable mix, there's no debate.

I like most of John McClain's posthumous remixes, but that accordion had no business being there. It ruined the song for me. Thankfully we have fan edits and the acapella to enjoy
It should have never been released back then at all, not on an album of "MJs final made songs". It doesn't fit the criteria, original or "finished". We should be basically just be hearing about the song now, in a HIStory 25 or 30 capacity or something.

Back