The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

It doesn't say a lot, I mean, Hollywood Tonight and Hot Fun In The Summertime don't have full vocals but they were still selected for album releases. It's still uncertain how complete the vocals are.
You are wrong about hot fun in the summertime I asked someone heard it 2 times he said MJ recorded first verse and chorus the song in general have 2 verses

In this interview with Teddy Riley at 4:53 the interviewer asks Teddy about “40 more Michael Jackson vocals floating around”, to which Teddy says Michael Prince has them. He then says that “just a few days ago they were asking me did I want to be a part”. This interview was in 2022. Is the estate planning something we haven’t heard about?

In this interview with Teddy Riley at 4:53 the interviewer asks Teddy about “40 more Michael Jackson vocals floating around”, to which Teddy says Michael Prince has them. He then says that “just a few days ago they were asking me did I want to be a part”. This interview was in 2022. Is the estate planning something we haven’t heard about?
Don't get too excited. The Estate is known to randomly work on unreleased songs and then do nothing with them. Mark Ronson comes to mind. So does the Hot Fun in the Summertime track, etc.

They've made it clear they're not interested in doing any unreleased music projects.

Steve Porcaro said in a seminar that he was negotiating with the estate to get Chicago 1945 released shortly before that interview, so it's very curious that both him and Teddy confirmed that they were in talks with the estate to get new music released not too long ago. Prince also said recently that they were looking into getting unreleased music released along with the biopic so maybe it's in relation to that?

It's interesting to think that before MJ passed, leaving songs unfinished. He aged, leaving Thriller Bad Era, Dangerous Era, songs, unfinished, as a relic from their time. Bringing it up to date, like say, in Best of Joy, would change that. But For All Time is kind of an exception.

Don't get too excited. The Estate is known to randomly work on unreleased songs and then do nothing with them. Mark Ronson comes to mind. So does the Hot Fun in the Summertime track, etc.
Both of those are outtakes for a posthumous album session. That's part of the process.

Hollywood Tonight did have scratch vocals in some parts though, same for Behind The Mask with the cut mumbled verse in the demo and some of What A Lovely Way To Go. The estate doesn't always pick songs that are 100% vocally complete or that are around that level for album releases.
Demoes they put on Thriller 40 or Bad 25 is not the same as what they wanna put on a posthumous studio album. If they got 80% of a song they'll trim it up and use it. At least, they did before Xscape. Now they seem to prefer full vocal takes.

Meanwhile, they've been splicing, cutting, using scratch vocals on loads of songs, since I Never Heard/This Is It essentially.

As a matter of fact, you would've bolstered your case better if you had mentioned the Anka songs because those are all as unfinished as can be but they're all available to hear just like that. Probably because they were forced to once they negotiated the contract with Anka after just using his song without permission lol.

That's something to consider actually, how many songs with no extra (Quincy, Rod, Loren, Porcaro, Will I Am, etc) can they use and not have to ask any permission for?

New confirmations for full vocals for Tomboy and Make Or Break by Joe Vogel:

GFoiTSSbgAAcu-m
Now i'm way more excited about these songs

Guys do you think neverland landing and make a wish are better than dream away

Demoes they put on Thriller 40 or Bad 25 is not the same as what they wanna put on a posthumous studio album.
All the songs I mentioned were selected for posthumous albums.
At least, they did before Xscape. Now they seem to prefer full vocal takes.
We can't say that for sure since we only know half of the songs that were considered for Xscape, the other half is as mysterious as it gets. It could be songs that are even more unfinished or it could be the same unfinished songs that were picked for Michael which is possible that they'd consider them again since almost all of the songs that ended up on the album were remixed for Michael beforehand.

Also worth to point out that Hot Fun is just a verse and a chorus and that was still picked for Xscape, so this "we only picked songs that MJ recorded top to bottom multiple times" or whatever claim the estate made is completely untrue.
As a matter of fact, you would've bolstered your case better if you had mentioned the Anka songs because those are all as unfinished as can be but they're all available to hear just like that. Probably because they were forced to once they negotiated the contract with Anka after just using his song without permission lol.
Eh, the vocals on those songs are finished enough. No mumbling and no empty gaps. The instrumental on them is a different thing but that wouldn't matter for a remix. The songs I mentioned are less complete vocally.

My point is simply that just because the estate considered a song for a release it's not a full guarantee that it has complete/almost complete vocals seeing how some of the songs they thought of releasing were very incomplete, so it's not an indication that 'Turning Me Off' has full vocals. Maybe it has, maybe the vocals are around that level, or maybe the song only has a chorus and such. It could be in any state.

All the songs I mentioned were selected for posthumous albums.
Selected is the wrong word. They were 'considered', prepared, really. And to see if it'd work. WALWTG seems to have been decided as "not working", hence why it was left in storage 12 more years.

Hollywood Tonight, I would say is not very finished, especially the way Teddy did it. But it's such a strong demo anyway, and it still deserved to be heard. They "made it work".

It could be songs that are even more unfinished or it could be the same unfinished songs that were picked for Michael which is possible that they'd consider them again since almost all of the songs that ended up on the album were remixed for Michael beforehand.
It's probably TYLA, The Loser, GYWOOM, Who Do You Know, some Loren demos, and they did want Chicago 1945. Maybe they wanted RedOne to come off a song? We know there wasn't any Hot Street or other Quincy tunes. Your guess is as good as mine.
Also worth to point out that Hot Fun is just a verse and a chorus and that was still picked for Xscape, so this "we only picked songs that MJ recorded top to bottom multiple times" or whatever claim the estate made is completely untrue.
Because they were trying to backdoor pilot a duets album. That Bieber duet wasn't a coincidence. And neither was LNFSG with Timberlake. That had a verse, but they removed it. Anything to make a popular sound.

But it wasn't released and we only know about it because of 3rd parties so even if they considered skimpier songs, they chose to stick to more finalized outtakes overall.

Selected is the wrong word. They were 'considered', prepared, really. And to see if it'd work. WALWTG seems to have been decided as "not working", hence why it was left in storage 12 more years.
Selected works if it went as far as being remixed, considered is just something you think over. Kind of like how GYWOOM was considered for Xscape but never went as far as being reworked.
It's probably TYLA, The Loser, GYWOOM, Who Do You Know, some Loren demos, and they did want Chicago 1945. Maybe they wanted RedOne to come off a song? We know there wasn't any Hot Street or other Quincy tunes. Your guess is as good as mine.
24 songs were pulled from the vault for that project and only 8 of which were released. We know of 6-7 songs that were considered and around 9 if we count ones that are rumoured so that leaves us with 7-10 songs that are currently unknown. It could indeed be anything.
Because they were trying to backdoor pilot a duets album. That Bieber duet wasn't a coincidence. And neither was LNFSG with Timberlake. That had a verse, but they removed it. Anything to make a popular sound.
Good point. I guess that the way they had initially sampled one of Tupac's songs for the remix of Xscape is another proof of that. Maybe that's what they wanted to do with TMO depending on how complete it is.

I'd say we will get a new track.... this decade. The fact MJ has a top 10 hit in 6 decades is insane, and i think the estate want to keep the train going.
That's what I always told myself. It would be unthinkable to miss such a “record”.
But they can always release just one song with a current super star...

I'd say we will get a new track.... this decade. The fact MJ has a top 10 hit in 6 decades is insane, and i think the estate want to keep the train going.
That's what I always told myself. It would be unthinkable to miss such a “record”.
But they can always release just one song with a current super star...

Steve Porcaro said in a seminar that he was negotiating with the estate to get Chicago 1945 released shortly before that interview, so it's very curious that both him and Teddy confirmed that they were in talks with the estate to get new music released not too long ago. Prince also said recently that they were looking into getting unreleased music released along with the biopic so maybe it's in relation to that?
Oh I missed that quote from Prince.
This is common practice for Biopics. Rodney Jerkins participated in remixing certain songs by Whitney Houston for example.

Why are you obsessed with those freaking songs

They're not even better than Speechless and The Lost Children
Who told you about Neverland landing and make a wish no one heard them even dream away better than the lost children and speechless

Back