The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I did some more research on the songs that were being auctioned off on Gotta Have Rock and Roll. I found out that the song "Doing What My Heart Says Do" was released by René Moore in 1996 as a single for his then upcoming album "True To The Game" (the album was never released). René Moore, Bruce Fisher and Bruce Swedien are credited as the writers.

The single is quite rare, I only found a snippet of the song online:
Some of the other songs were probably also for René's album.

The song labeled as "Best is Yet" could be the same song as "The Best Is Yet To Come" released in 1994 by David Hasselhoff:
Rene Moore, Bruce Fisher and Bruce Swedien are also the writers of this song, so it seems quite likely that they are the same song.

It seems like most of the songs from the auction are songs meant for other artists. Only "Circles" and "DNA" are confirmed to be MJ songs.

I did some more research on the songs that were being auctioned off on Gotta Have Rock and Roll. I found out that the song "Doing What My Heart Says Do" was released by René Moore in 1996 as a single for his then upcoming album "True To The Game" (the album was never released). René Moore, Bruce Fisher and Bruce Swedien are credited as the writers.

The song labeled as "Best is Yet" could be the same song as "The Best Is Yet To Come" released in 1994 by David Hasselhoff:
Rene Moore, Bruce Fisher and Bruce Swedien are also the writers of this song, so it seems quite likely that they are the same song.

It seems like most of the songs from the auction are songs meant for other artists. Only "Circles" and "DNA" are confirmed to be MJ songs.
Bravo for this in-depth research! Thanks!

The tape for 7 digits contain 1 hour and 13 minute working on the song

So the estate just....swiped the tapes for something that might not even belong to them?

f9ad66dda4b6e3ef884454806fec90a4.778x1000x1.jpg
101714_l.jpg

✔Best Of Joy
✔Killer Dance ==》 BOTDF
✔Remember The Time
✔Who Is It
✔Dangerous
❌Call It Off
❌Verdict
✔Joy
✔Black Or White
✔Monkey Business
✔Ghost Of Another Lover
✔MA & MJ Duet ==》ITC
❌Truth On Youth
✔Gone Too Soon
✔Serious Effect
✔Keep The Faith
✔Heal The World
✔Planet Earth ==》 Earth Song
✔Don't Be Messin Round
✔Give In To Me
✔7 Digits
❌Ask Renee
✔They Don't Care About Us
✔Deep In The Night

^ I'm thinking about this list. Except for 4 tracks, we have heard all of them in some way.

So far, all of them are no mere medicore tunes, despite some of them still having not fully developed vocals.

Can we expect the still unheard four songs being on par like the others?🤔

101714_l.jpg

✔Best Of Joy
✔Killer Dance ==》 BOTDF
✔Remember The Time
✔Who Is It
✔Dangerous
❌Call It Off
❌Verdict
✔Joy
✔Black Or White
✔Monkey Business
✔Ghost Of Another Lover
✔MA & MJ Duet ==》ITC
❌Truth On Youth
✔Gone Too Soon
✔Serious Effect
✔Keep The Faith
✔Heal The World
✔Don't Be Messin Round
✔Give In To Me
✔7 Digits
❌Ask Renee
✔Deep In The Night

^ I'm thinking about this list. Except for 4 tracks, we have heard all of them in some way.

So far, all of them are no mere medicore tunes, despite some of them still having not fully developed vocals.

Can we expect the remaining four being on par like the others?🤔
We also have "Verdict"

101714_l.jpg

✔Best Of Joy
✔Killer Dance ==》 BOTDF
✔Remember The Time
✔Who Is It
✔Dangerous
❌Call It Off
❌Verdict
✔Joy
✔Black Or White
✔Monkey Business
✔Ghost Of Another Lover
✔MA & MJ Duet ==》ITC
❌Truth On Youth
✔Gone Too Soon
✔Serious Effect
✔Keep The Faith
✔Heal The World
✔Don't Be Messin Round
✔Give In To Me
✔7 Digits
❌Ask Renee
✔Deep In The Night

We've heard Verdict. It wasn't on par.

101714_l.jpg

✔Best Of Joy
✔Killer Dance ==》 BOTDF
✔Remember The Time
✔Who Is It
✔Dangerous
❌Call It Off
❌Verdict
✔Joy
✔Black Or White
✔Monkey Business
✔Ghost Of Another Lover
✔MA & MJ Duet ==》ITC
❌Truth On Youth
✔Gone Too Soon
✔Serious Effect
✔Keep The Faith
✔Heal The World
✔Don't Be Messin Round
✔Give In To Me
✔7 Digits
❌Ask Renee
✔Deep In The Night

From what we know, Ask Renee and Verdict are instrumentals. For Call It Off, MJ sings backing vocals only. There may be hope that these songs will be worked on further but this is the only information for now.
Truth On Youth is rumored to be a complete song vocally. It would just be a good song.

From what we know, Ask Renee and Verdict are instrumentals. For Call It Off, MJ sings backing vocals only. There may be hope that these songs will be worked on further but this is the only information for now.

'Verdict' is just Bryan Loren re-using this Rhythm Nation outtake he produced that didn't make the cut.

Truth On Youth is rumored to be a complete song vocally. It would just be a good song.
Truth on youth did not have MJ vocals

Random thought but why doesn’t the estate just release Michaels short films in 4K? There’s no fucking way it’s hard to get the master vid out of the shelf or whatever and rescan it and upload it

Random thought but why doesn’t the estate just release Michaels short films in 4K? There’s no fucking way it’s hard to get the master vid out of the shelf or whatever and rescan it and upload it
Spending money is just a real hassle, ya know.

They try to avoid making too much of proper quality footage/videos of Michael being available to the world.

As for 7 Digits, really liking the groove

Rarity principle. Maybe it was a clause of MJs will. Would be ironic if announcing a new product a year was actually wrong.

How hard would it be to remaster MJs Superbowl?
A 4K remaster of the Superbowl performance wouldn’t be possible as it was shot on videotape cameras, not 35mm film (like his music videos/short films). If the estate were to remaster the Super Bowl, their best bet would be to use a high quality master tape of the performance and upscale it using AI to 1080p HD (or 4K, but it wouldn’t be true 4K like the remasters of Beat It and Thriller).

Edit: Looks like someone has already done this themselves lol

A 4K remaster of the Superbowl performance wouldn’t be possible as it was shot on videotape cameras, not 35mm film (like his music videos/short films). If the estate were to remaster the Super Bowl, their best bet would be to use a high quality master tape of the performance and upscale it using AI to 1080p HD (or 4K, but it wouldn’t be true 4K like the remasters of Beat It and Thriller).

Edit: Looks like someone has already done this themselves lol
Great answer, thanks. Did not mean to put it here though, but oh well.

Make Or Break having complete vocals is what excites me the most since it's one of the Bad era songs I've been looking forward to hearing the most, can't believe the estate is sleeping on those songs just like that. They oughta make Bad 40.

Back