The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

There are no lyrics, that's the thing. There's no lyrics and these are definitely way farther below "songs". They're not even demoes. Basically sketches. So they're pretty much instrumentals.

But they are super interesting, both of them. Probably the most interesting MJ stuff we've ever had leak, at least since I Am A Loser and Days in Gloucestershire. It's just, how do you market these, and I don't mean for charts. I've already seen very smart people say theyre "awful", which just exemplifies to me why they don't deserve to hear this stuff. If you can't appreciate an undeserved glimpse into a genius' recording process just cause you're hooked on your fetish of finding Billie Jean 2.0, well that's too bad, because that's your problem.

On the other hand, the MJ classical album definitely needs to come out. Asap.
Oh, I misunderstood your previous post- I thought you were talking about why the estate doesn't want anything to do with Weight Off Me, not the other three tracks.

Oh, I misunderstood your previous post- I thought you were talking about why the estate doesn't want anything to do with Weight Off Me, not the other three tracks.
Get Your Weight Off Me is just an Invincible song, good bad or otherwise. It was up to La Reid and his producers last time; they passed. And on Michael too. It'll get put out, reworked or duetted or otherwise. It seems, just middle of the road. The hype surrounding it is bigger than the track itself. I find it catchy though.

Again, though, it's clearly a stepping stone track for later songs. That's why again, people are getting to hear things in the creative process they really, don't have a right to.

So truthfully, I'm seeing more and more evidence for why they really shouldn't be putting out any demoes or tracks at all. "Faithfully restored" or contemporized or whatever, I enjoy it all, but all the discourse and bad faith takes really are wearing out the appeal of even doing this. MJ just deserves to rest and be remembered, and appreciated for what he is.

But alas, that's not the whole story, or the end all be all. We'll see what the future brings.

how many unreleased tracks with full vocals do you think Michael has? So far I can think of I Am A Loser, GYWOOM, Chicago 1945, If You Don't Love Me, TYLA, etc.

how many unreleased tracks with full vocals do you think Michael has? So far I can think of I Am A Loser, GYWOOM, Chicago 1945, If You Don't Love Me, TYLA, etc.
Buffalo Bill is confirmed, What You Do to Me, If You Don’t Love Me, Serious Effect, Work That Body, Streetwalker ‘87

Buffalo Bill, Neverland Landing, Make A Wish, Crack Kills, What You Do To Me and Alright Now are the only ones to have been confirmed to have full vocals (without counting the ones with mumbling on them).

Because it ruins a potential leak of GYWOOM is been 14 years that everyone want this song
I personally enjoy this song being the eternal unhad treasure. Nations rise and fall, generations come and go, but Can't Get Your Weight Off Me still has not yet leaked. It should be the last thing in the Vault.

Never confirmed to have full vocals iirc, all we know is that there's a scratch vocal recorded in 1986 but that could mean anything.
I was told by an inside source that there is a layered chorus, and that is all. Even after being revisited for Dangerous. There may very well be some gibberish or mumbles, but all that was explicitly mentioned to me was a chorus.

It was recorded?
US composer David Michael Frank , who worked with Jackson on a TV tribute to Sammy Davis Jr in 1989, claims he had met with the star a few months ago to discuss helping him with the orchestral arrangements of two new classical compositions he was working on.

Jackson, who once told German magazine Bunte that he didn't really like pop music and would much rather listen to classical music, 'impressed' Frank with his knowledge of classical music. "For one of [the pieces], he had a whole section of it done in his head," Frank told Billboard Magazine. "He had not recorded it. He hummed it to me as I sat at the keyboard in his pool house and we figured out the chords – I guess this recording I made is the only copy that exists of this music."

That was the last time the composer saw Jackson, although the star called Frank few weeks ago about the progress on the arrangements and working on more instrumental music - including a jazz piece.

Back