The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Hello experts

Does someone know which other songs were conceived around the same time or even same sessions as “beautiful girl”?
Who wrote and arranged it, who worked on it?
It is such a magical song
Ah, yes ! One of my all-time favs.

That's Michael and Brad Buxer (although I'd wager Michael Prince had a hand in it, at some point).

Joe Vogel dates the track to 1998. This would've been around the same time as "The Way You Love Me", "Monster" (the real one), "Hollywood Tonight", "That", and the Freeze tracks.

Buxer indicated further work was completed in 2004 (likely in preparation for The Ultimate Collection).

Although not confirmed, I don't think it's far fetched that even more work could have been done post-2004. We all know Michael's habit of tinkering with ideas for years - or even decades - at times.

That's Michael and Brad Buxer (although I'd wager Michael Prince had a hand in it, at some point).

Joe Vogel dates the track to 1998. This would've been around the same time as "The Way You Love Me", "Monster" (the real one), "Hollywood Tonight", "That", and the Freeze tracks.

Buxer indicated further work was completed in 2004 (likely in preparation for The Ultimate Collection).

Although not confirmed, I don't think it's far fetched that even more work could have been done post-2004. We all know Michael's habit of tinkering with ideas for years - or even decades - at times.
That’s interesting and I’m delighted that it is from the same period of the way you love me which I also hold very highly in his catalogue. Hollywood Tonight is classic Michael as well. It looks like he was in a very creative period around 98. Hopefully the other tracks you mentioned will see a release or leak someday. Going off the 3 known tracks these must have been great too.

That’s interesting and I’m delighted that it is from the same period of the way you love me which I also hold very highly in his catalogue. Hollywood Tonight is classic Michael as well. It looks like he was in a very creative period around 98. Hopefully the other tracks you mentioned will see a release or leak someday. Going off the 3 known tracks these must have been great too.
Michael practically had an album's worth of material/song ideas by mid-1999, when Rodney Jerkins entered the fold. That wealth of early material would mostly be put on the backburner in favor of Jerkins' and Teddy Riley's contributions, among others. However, I tend to favor many of the 98-99 tracks more.

Well yes, the song was most definitely worked on after 2004. The version heard in the Geraldo Rivera interview is different to the one we know and that interview was recorded in 2005.

Song "that" have vocals or no

Well yes, the song was most definitely worked on after 2004. The version heard in the Geraldo Rivera interview is different to the one we know and that interview was recorded in 2005.
You're right. That clip slipped my mind.

What about song called splash
No evidence of existence aside from the copyright entry. Could very well be a remix of an already existing MJ track that received a new title, or a track by another artist that used a sample.

Last edited:
No evidence of existence aside from the copyright entry. Could very well be a remix of an already existing MJ track that received a new title, or a track by another artist that used a sample.
What about songs children holiday and children hour

What about songs children holiday and children hour
Children's Holiday is the second of the two songs he wrote and produced for a Japanese charity (J-Friends), the first being People of the World.

Both were released in Japan in the late 90s, also in official instrumental versions on the CD single.

Michael Prince said in some interview or seminar appearance that Michael didn't know Beautiful Girl (and The Way You Love Me) were released on TUC. Apparently, towards the end of Michael's life, MP asked MJ why he wanted to continue working on a demo that was already released. MJ was shocked as he thought those were never heard by anyone, got quite upset, and started crying.

The official story, of course, is that MJ signed off on the tracklist of TUC (which I'm sure he did do). But given the trial was underway I don't think he cared enough to actually read through it... As we know, the boxset was mostly compiled by Matt Forger from whatever was available in Sony Music archives at the time.

MJ was shocked as he thought those were never heard by anyone, got quite upset, and started crying.
That's pretty sad actually. It just wasn't a good last period of MJs life even artistically. At least he had his kids.

Didn't MJ also sign off on that Geraldo Rivera interview?

That's pretty sad actually. It just wasn't a good last period of MJs life even artistically. At least he had his kids.

Didn't MJ also sign off on that Geraldo Rivera interview?
Yup. Recall in the filmed court depositions leaked after he died (from 2005 and 2007, where he talked about leasing land for cows) he said he didn’t remember signing most documents nor many of the business meetings he had in that pre-trial period. I don’t believe he was dodging the lawyer’s questions, he seemed quite honest there.

Yup. Recall in the filmed court depositions leaked after he died (from 2005 and 2007, where he talked about leasing land for cows) he said he didn’t remember signing most documents nor many of the business meetings he had in that pre-trial period. I don’t believe he was dodging the lawyer’s questions, he seemed quite honest there.
Yeah, I think you can actually see that in his face on that video. When he's not adressed he pretty much zones out.

Children's Holiday is the second of the two songs he wrote and produced for a Japanese charity (J-Friends), the first being People of the World.

Both were released in Japan in the late 90s, also in official instrumental versions on the CD single.
I'm ask if MJ recorded children holiday and children hours with his vocals

I'm ask if MJ recorded children holiday and children hours with his vocals
There is a solo demo of his that's copyright registered but there's no info on the state of the vocals.

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu002295707 / 1998-03-13
Title:​
Children’s holiday.
Description:​
13 p.
Notes:​
Words & music.
Copyright Claimant:​
Mijac Music
Date of Creation:​
Authorship on Application:​
Michael Jackson.
Names:​
Jackson, Michael
Mijac Music

I just discovered this writer's demo for the first time, supposedly recorded by Brad Buxer for MJ in 2002. I really like it! I hope more of it leaks in the future.
I like the song, the instrumental gives me The Lost Children vibes. I've been wondering recently as to how the 2003 Loving You song sounds like, since it's a Frank Cascio demo that Brad Buxer also helped produce. Hopefully that one will also leak someday.

How many versions of ABC were made? If you listen to the demo multitracks, it sounds like it was stitched from multiple sessions

How many versions of ABC were made? If you listen to the demo multitracks, it sounds like it was stitched from multiple sessions
Well, there's the 1-2-3 demo, the one seen on I Want You Back! The Rare Masters with a different take and bridge, and the final version.

Back