The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Did MJ ever care to extensively rework a song, to the point of changing the music entirely? It seems the most he ever did was let another producer add a spin to it, or perhaps change the genre, but never actually. Remove the music and add new music with his vocals. He certainly never came up with lyrics and then they made a song based off that. Or did they? Vocal melodies usually accompanied the instrumentals.

Did MJ ever care to extensively rework a song, to the point of changing the music entirely? It seems the most he ever did was let another producer add a spin to it, or perhaps change the genre, but never actually. Remove the music and add new music with his vocals. He certainly never came up with lyrics and then they made a song based off that. Or did they? Vocal melodies usually accompanied the instrumentals.
Wouldn't Someone Put Your Hand Out be an example?

All I can think is PYT or SPYHO

Also Dangerous and the Westlake mix of Streetwalker?

MJ throughout his life (and especially towards his later years) was working extensively on his decades-old demos, maybe he made some extensive changes on them that we'll probably never know.

Last edited:
Also where do I find a genuine good quality video of the full length of Ghosts?

Also Dangerous and the Westlake mix of Streetwalker?

MJ throughout his life (and especially towards his later years) was working extensively on his decades-old demos, maybe he made some extensive changes on them that we'll probably never know.
That's still only a couple of songs. I agree that it fits the criteria, but, he never really did what they did with Xscape, is my point. The song oftentimes maintained their identity from beginning to end.

Right. Thing is, there are quite a few songs he reworked, or intended to at least, noted on the final notes found in his bedroom. I wonder if any of those ended up being changed drastically
Hmm I found MJ to be extremely conservative tbh, with songs that got reworked over and over again (like APWNN) there wasn't that much difference in the end too

Right. Thing is, there are quite a few songs he reworked, or intended to at least, noted on the final notes found in his bedroom. I wonder if any of those ended up being changed drastically
I really need to know what he did with GOAL in 2009 and how much he went further with the song. It's one of the best MJ unreleased songs out there.

I wonder if there is a (more) finished version of 'In The Back' since Brad Buxer names it as one of his favourites in this clip (marked):

I've said it before and i'll say it again, no there is NOT a more finished version of 'In The Back'.

Yes, there is a longer version, but really all it is, is just the song with it's uncut instrumental, its just the song but without the fade out, and there's nothing too special about it at all.

All the rumors that there's a more finished version are just lies.

Hmm I found MJ to be extremely conservative tbh, with songs that got reworked over and over again (like APWNN) there wasn't that much difference in the end too
Tbh, I don't blame him because most of his demos/initial ideas were already genius. Like he said, he had already heard it all in his mind, so surely, changing the song completly, would rather result in another demo he'd create, meaning 2 completely different songs. I think that's how he continued to make music as well

Tbh, I don't blame him because most of his demos/initial ideas were already genius. Like he said, he had already heard it all in his mind, so surely, changing the song completly, would rather result in another demo he'd create, meaning 2 completely different songs. I think that's how he continued to make music as well
Ala "Streetwalker" into "Dangerous"... Save for the bass line. And even that had a tempo change.

Note to most people reading this thread: Those claiming to know about unheard songs, don’t know anything. They are making it up & continuing the trend of misinformation when the thread is directly made to stop this.

Back