The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Eh, Chicago 1945 is a banger in my opinion. I think with a proper mix it would slap. I don't want the estate to take it and give it to Timbaland, lol.
I feel like it needs a better master with the brass, also I feel like the verses need a background synth, it sounds empty, maybe if someone mixes Quality Mixes reconstruction with C1945, it could be better

I prefer the vibe of the original so would prefer to hear a later version of that. Obviously the song has blown up because of the remix and I cannot disagree with that.

The original version on the disc was made as shitty sounding as possible I am incredibly salty
Hell people in my school know the song now, and I would NOT have imagined that they would know it

"New Michael Jackson: In The Studio Book due for international release in Spring 2023 - Blackstone Publishing"

This spring, fans of the King of Pop will be able to take an up-close look at his recording process in MICHAEL JACKSON: IN THE STUDIO, which takes readers from The Jackson 5 heyday at Motown thru the making of legendary solo albums OFF THE WALL, the landmark THRILLER, BAD, DANGEROUS, HIStory, INVINCIBLE and posthumous LP XSCAPE.
Featuring exclusive interviews with key creative collaborators like Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, Bill Bottrell, Timbaland co-producer Jerome 'J-Roc' Harmon, and longtime Jackson session drummer John 'J.R.' Robinson among other exciting interviews from Michael Jackson's rich interview archives, the book additionally features sourced commentary from Quincy Jones, Dallas Austin, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, Slash, Berry Gordy, and other key collaborators.

Source:
Einpresswire (copy and paste the text on google to find it, if I link it here it says that the message is subject to moderator review).
The article has a lot of other information but I don't want to spam the thread, it is interesting that they talk about the demo of Remember The Time, Decade, etc.
WHA

"New Michael Jackson: In The Studio Book due for international release in Spring 2023 - Blackstone Publishing"

This spring, fans of the King of Pop will be able to take an up-close look at his recording process in MICHAEL JACKSON: IN THE STUDIO, which takes readers from The Jackson 5 heyday at Motown thru the making of legendary solo albums OFF THE WALL, the landmark THRILLER, BAD, DANGEROUS, HIStory, INVINCIBLE and posthumous LP XSCAPE.
Featuring exclusive interviews with key creative collaborators like Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, Bill Bottrell, Timbaland co-producer Jerome 'J-Roc' Harmon, and longtime Jackson session drummer John 'J.R.' Robinson among other exciting interviews from Michael Jackson's rich interview archives, the book additionally features sourced commentary from Quincy Jones, Dallas Austin, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, Slash, Berry Gordy, and other key collaborators.

Source:
Einpresswire (copy and paste the text on google to find it, if I link it here it says that the message is subject to moderator review).
The article has a lot of other information but I don't want to spam the thread, it is interesting that they talk about the demo of Remember The Time, Decade, etc.
Just looked this up, and it was announced back in December lmfao. How this flew under the radar is beyond me.

This is awesome though! I wish they were covering his final years in the studio though; that’s infinitely more interesting than XSCAPE (though I am admittedly intrigued at what J-Roc will say with regards to how they approached the project). Michael Prince and Brad Buxer’s insight is indispensable, and I hope they were contacted.

Just looked this up, and it was announced back in December lmfao. How this flew under the radar is beyond me.

This is awesome though! I wish they were covering his final years in the studio though; that’s infinitely more interesting than XSCAPE (though I am admittedly intrigued at what J-Roc will say with regards to how they approached the project). Michael Prince and Brad Buxer’s insight is indispensable, and I hope they were contacted.
who knows we might get unreleased song info

Source:
Wow, this looks interesting. It's about time something like was done. Seems so obvious to me that this is needed. It sounds super cool. In the meantime, here's the story of the RWY drum fill from John 'JR' Robinson while we wait for the publication. Spring 2023? Can't be too far off, then. :)

Interview with John 'JR' Robinson on Rock History Music YT channel.

Hope so, too, but it's Bill Bottrell I wanna hear from the most. I need more from Bill. :)

Steve, the producer, confirmed it was recorded a few months before the Victory tour. The production has been updated throughout the years
I thought that too but Chicago 1945 wasn’t registered until 1989. Meanwhile Dream Away does sound like it was made during the Thriller era

I thought that too but Chicago 1945 wasn’t registered until 1989. Meanwhile Dream Away does sound like it was made during the Thriller era
You weren't thinking, you knew the truth. Then for some reasons you started to doubt lol

registering a song doesn't necessarily tell you when it was recorded. Another Part of Me was registered in 1987 but initially recorded in 1984
How many times did he record the vocals on the song? The 1985 Captain EO vocals sound just like the Bad era version, now that I think about it.

How many times did he record the vocals on the song? The 1985 Captain EO vocals sound just like the Bad era version, now that I think about it.
WAHTCTW Was supposed to be a song for Bad, but never made it, a longer version does exist tho, dunno who has it

So weird to think APOM was recorded in 1984-85, so the vocals on the song date back to then, wow. Cause in Captain EO, the vocals are the same, and it seems like the instruments are the same but in a different order and mixed differently. I find it weird how Michael didn't release a soundtrack for Captain EO, maybe cause he knew APOM was gonna be on Bad?

Another Part of Me is a happy song, Quincy honesty made the better choice, as the album needed one like Thriller had WBSS or PYT
I wouldn’t call Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ a happy song. Well, apart from the bridge!

“Dream Away” is stunning. Incredibly unique vocal melody, wonderfully simple lyrics, beautiful atmosphere. Take away the terrible Auto Tune and I’d honestly rate it up there with “For All Time” as one of MJ’s finest ballads.
It might not sound great without the pitch correction, though, since it was just a rough scratch vocal that was never intended for release. I would assume Porcaro used the pitch correction for a reason. That said, the retune speed could be tweaked to make it sound more natural.

It's the same vocal take.

WAHTCTW Was supposed to be a song for Bad, but never made it, a longer version does exist tho, dunno who has it
No, it wasn't.

This is a great thread, ruined by people that post things that aren't true.

So weird to think APOM was recorded in 1984-85, so the vocals on the song date back to then, wow. Cause in Captain EO, the vocals are the same, and it seems like the instruments are the same but in a different order and mixed differently. I find it weird how Michael didn't release a soundtrack for Captain EO, maybe cause he knew APOM was gonna be on Bad?
It might even date back to 1983 but John Barnes confirmed he and Michael were working on APOM while Michael was in the hospital recovering from the Pepsi incident.

I think it's true.
- Off The Wall and History outtakes = approximately 10 songs
- Thriller outtakes = approximately 10 songs
- Dangerous outtakes = approximately 10 songs
- Bad outtakes = approximately 10 songs
- Invincible outtakes = approximately 10 songs
- 2001-2009 songs = approximately 10 songs

So I believe there are still 60 unreleased songs in the vault. Compared to the approximately 90 songs released on the 7 albums, it's big

Last edited:
Back