The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

How do you find it "hard to compare to any other song" when the drum pattern is nearly identical to Smooth Criminal lol
I don’t know what song you’ve been listening to, but it couldn’t be Smooth Criminal.

The “drum pattern” (whatever that means) in Chicago 1945 is nothing like that in Smooth Criminal.

I don’t know what song you’ve been listening to, but it couldn’t be Smooth Criminal.

The “drum pattern” (whatever that means) in Chicago 1945 is nothing like that in Smooth Criminal.
"Drum Pattern" is a production term meaning the organization of drums. Kinda confused why you'd say its not a similar pattern if you dont even know what it means haha. And yes it is nearly identical. Here listen to this thing I made - https://drive.google.com/file/d/165o0npZuoaRoxCXopKDtlf8kHDR-Zlq3/view?usp=sharing
Chicago 1945 drums but its Smooth Criminal samples. Very similar at points. You can slightly tweak Chicago's pattern and make it just like SC.

i was curious and decided to list all the leaked/ TUC demos we have, and we genuinely have alot of "leaked" tracks, about the same amount as whats been released.

Def missing some, but here:
Beautiful Girl
Cheater
Chicago 1945
Days in Gloucestershire
Wish Upon a Star
Elizibeth I Love You
Fall Again
For the Good Times
Lisa Its Your Birthday
Hot Street
I am A loser
If You Dont Love Me
In the Back
Mind is the Magic
Monkey Business
Nite Line
On The Line
Scared of the Moon
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
She Got It
Shout
Someone in the Dark
Someone Put Your Hand Out (1991)
Someone Put Your Hand Out (1987)
Starlight Sun
We are here to change the world
What More can i give
Work that body
You Were There
Slapstick
Dream Away
Deep In The Night
Faces
Family Thing
Jane is a groupee
The Verdict
Throwing Your Life Away
Ghost Of Another Lover
Man in Black

i was curious and decided to list all the leaked/ TUC demos we have, and we genuinely have alot of "leaked" tracks, about the same amount as whats been released.

Def missing some, but here:
Beautiful Girl
Cheater
Chicago 1945
Days in Gloucestershire
Wish Upon a Star
Elizibeth I Love You
Fall Again
For the Good Times
Lisa Its Your Birthday
Hot Street
I am A loser
If You Dont Love Me
In the Back
Mind is the Magic
Monkey Business
Nite Line
On The Line
Scared of the Moon
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
She Got It
Shout
Someone in the Dark
Someone Put Your Hand Out (1991)
Someone Put Your Hand Out (1987)
Starlight Sun
We are here to change the world
What More can i give
Work that body
You Were There
Slapstick
Dream Away
Deep In The Night
Faces
Family Thing
Jane is a groupee
The Verdict
Throwing Your Life Away
Ghost Of Another Lover
Man in Black
SPYHO 91 is not an unreleased song/demo

Songs like “Buffalo Bill” are destined to be disappointments solely because they’ve been hyped up for years.
MJ himself said it was going to be a hit. Thriller era MJ, at his peak. The guy who made Billie Jean, Beat It, and would make Smooth Criminal.

its not available on streaming services, thats why i included it and mind is the magic.

to the general public, its unknown basically.
Streaming isn’t the only form of releases though. Are all of the mixes on singles mj put out from Off The Wall-Invincible now unreleased? Mind is the magic is on streaming btw. And most of mjs songs on streaming are unknown to the public lol. I see your point but I’d argue they count as release regardless of their status on streaming.

Even though it's all unfinished, I think that the songs MJ made in his last years could be the best era of MJ's unreleased work. Most of the songs from other eras weren't released/finished because of MJ not thinking the songs were good enough, feeling like there was something else he could've added to them or because it was left out due to better songs taking the spot. But from that era everything was left unfinished and unreleased because he died, not because of their quality.

I'm not speaking with certainty since we barely heard any songs from that era, but judging from the few that released/leaked, from Damien's words it could be considered the best era of MJ's work, if you don't mind the songs not having vocals or being extremely unfinished.

its not available on streaming services, thats why i included it and mind is the magic.

to the general public, its unknown basically.
Yeah, and this is a bit unrelated to the topic, but seems like the estate will keep on contemporizing very obscure (to the general public, at least) Michael Jackson songs that are technically released, such as those from The Ultimate Collection.

Last edited:
"Drum Pattern" is a production term meaning the organization of drums. Kinda confused why you'd say its not a similar pattern if you dont even know what it means haha. And yes it is nearly identical. Here listen to this thing I made - https://drive.google.com/file/d/165o0npZuoaRoxCXopKDtlf8kHDR-Zlq3/view?usp=sharing
Chicago 1945 drums but its Smooth Criminal samples. Very similar at points. You can slightly tweak Chicago's pattern and make it just like SC.
Again, it’s not similar at all.

Edit: I don’t know where you’ve found that term. It sounds unprofessional, to be honest. The reason I still can say it’s not similar, is because there isn’t anything in the drum part of Smooth Criminal that is similar to that of Chicago 1945. The former has a very recognizable hi hat figure, for starters. I have no idea what similarities you believe you are hearing in that example you provided.

Last edited:
MJ himself said it was going to be a hit. Thriller era MJ, at his peak. The guy who made Billie Jean, Beat It, and would make Smooth Criminal.
Very true mate, but I remember reading a deposition from 1984 were Michael referenced The Toy and how strong he thought it was. The fan reaction of The Toy demo has been mixed to say the least hasn't it

I hope I'm wrong though, I've always wanted to hear Buffalo Bill one day, hopefully it's a hit the Estate are holding back

What do we know about the song Shut Up And Dance? I've heard various claims about the song, from it not having any vocals to it being nearly complete.

Even though it's all unfinished, I think that the songs MJ made in his last years could be the best era of MJ's unreleased work. Most of the songs from other eras weren't released/finished because of MJ not thinking the songs were good enough, feeling like there was something else he could've added to them or because it was left out due to better songs taking the spot. But from that era everything was left unfinished and unreleased because he died, not because of their quality.

I'm not speaking with certainty since we barely heard any songs from that era, but judging from the few that released/leaked, from Damien's words it could be considered the best era of MJ's work, if you don't mind the songs not having vocals or being extremely unfinished.
I think exactly the same way. I may be talking nonsense, because I'm not using any concrete gimmicks, but I believe that these songs from 2006-2009 are largely celebrations of the music itself. I imagine Michael trying to be more upbeat, even after a lot of suffering, with light ballads (in the good sense of the word), with a greater amount of dancing songs (like Off The Wall) and a lot of experimentation. Songs like He Who Makes The Sky Grey, Dark Lady, Boy No, Rocker, The Future and Remember What I Told You make me extremely thoughtful, and with each passing day, the desire to hear these songs becomes greater.

I truly believe that ALL of these songs could be released in a historical record context. I'm not talking about music museums in big cities, that would only favor well-located people with money. The unlikely "From Heaven To Grouse Lodge" sounds respectful in some respects, but still insists on the old conquest of a new audience. I would like to see a documentary focusing essentially on Michael as a musician, when it comes to his compositions and collaborations, and these songs from 06-09 could be part of the soundtrack or complement to the documentary itself, just like the "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck" CD.

What do we know about the song Shut Up And Dance? I've heard various claims about the song, from it not having any vocals to it being nearly complete.
its not in the realm of releasability in the state it was left

Very true mate, but I remember reading a deposition from 1984 were Michael referenced The Toy and how strong he thought it was. The fan reaction of The Toy demo has been mixed to say the least hasn't it

I hope I'm wrong though, I've always wanted to hear Buffalo Bill one day, hopefully it's a hit the Estate are holding back
It is a good song though. The Toy maybe isn't much but it became Best of Joy. The sketch of it was greatest.

I find it really interesting that MJ brought BOJ back out twice that we know of. He obviously knew it could go somewhere, and I do think it turned into something really nice.
Funnily enough the only good version is the Michael album one

It's a dance track writer's demo made by Eric Kirkland for the Invincible album. I believed that the song might have had MJ vocals but Damien Shields said that the version he heard at the U.S Copyright Office had Eric Kirkland singing the song instead. The Copyright Office demands you to submit the latest version of the track you have for copyright so what he heard has to be the most complete version of the song.

Michael Prince did show a snippet of the song to a famous MJ impersonator who works closely with some of MJ's former tour crew, if you want to have an idea of how part of the song sounds like you can hear it right here:

its not in the realm of releasability in the state it was left
I remember Rodrigo Teaser mentioning how he got to listen to it, and he told the audience to keep an eye on it because it was going to be released one day; we don't know how reliable his statements are, however.

I remember Rodrigo Teaser mentioning how he got to listen to it, and he told the audience to keep an eye on it because it was going to be released one day; we don't know how reliable his statements are, however.
I doubt itll come out unless they heavily alter it.

Oh nevermind then, you've seen the video lol

Anyway, the guy is an impersonator who's currently on tour with MJ's former choreographer and guitar player, he is a high level impersonator so there's no reason for someone like him to lie about this. He might've mistaken the singer's voice for MJ since he only got to hear a few seconds of it, and because the person singing the song allegedly sounds similar to him.

Maybe he knew about the cover album.

Oh nevermind then, you've seen the video lol

Anyway, the guy is an impersonator who's currently on tour with MJ's former choreographer and guitar player, he is a high level impersonator so there's no reason for someone like him to lie about this. He might've mistaken the singer's voice for MJ since he only got to hear a few seconds of it, and because the person singing the song allegedly sounds similar to him.

Yeah, pretty sure it has someone else singing on it as a guide vocal but MJ never sang it as far as we know.

I find it really interesting that MJ brought BOJ back out twice that we know of. He obviously knew it could go somewhere, and I do think it turned into something really nice.
I like the song but I wish MJ focused on recording other songs at the time since he had fully recorded BoJ 2 times already. He should've focused on finishing Hollywood Tonight or any of his other new songs.

Back