The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Steve re-registered it just a few days before his seminar, might've been related to that.
Yes. Alongside 3 other items. Not sure what they were but they're probably not all mj related. Dream mightve been one

“Dream Away” is the song I’ll forever point to whenever anyone claims the vault is empty. Steve Porcaro kept a fully-recorded song under wraps for 40 years. I refuse to believe that we’ve heard everything there is to hear, or that we know everything there is to know.

“Dream Away” is the song I’ll forever point to whenever anyone claims the vault is empty. Steve Porcaro kept a fully-recorded song under wraps for 40 years. I refuse to believe that we’ve heard everything there is to hear, or that we know everything there is to know.
This is the first time I agree with something coming out of your fingers.

Oh God...

Of course there are songs left! Just not very many.

Yeah I totally believe that there's enough for at least 3-4 albums like Xscape, if counting songs that leaked and the possibility of songs that we never heard of/have no info on. As for songs that are way too incomplete (like having only the chorus, incomplete verses and such) there's a lot more content for anniversary albums.
This is the first time I agree with something coming out of your fingers.

Oh God...
It's over for you.

Dreams Away has to be on the next album. Period.

That would mean The Estate releasing the version that Steve has been working on and I kinda doubt they'll want to do that, it means that they don't have control, lol.

Yeah I totally believe that there's enough for at least 3-4 albums like Xscape, if counting songs that leaked and the possibility of songs that we never heard of/have no info on. As for songs that are way too incomplete (like having only the chorus, incomplete verses and such) there's a lot more content for anniversary albums.
Just edit them. If there's only one full verse, repeat it one or two times and make a full track. I don't care.

It's over for you.
Please no.

Just edit them. If there's only one full verse, repeat it one or two times and make a full track. I don't care.
They'll probably turn them into duet songs, that was the case with Hot Fun In The Summertime and they called in 2 singers to fill the gaps. I bet that's what will happen to a lot of songs that are missing too many vocals.

Yeah, but I think he said that in reference to the Estate's claims. I agree they do paint a picture of the vault being more limited than what it actually is.
i find it hilarious how all the official sources kept claiming there was "unlimited music!" "THOUSANDS OF SONGS TO RELEASE" then not even a decade later say theres nothing left lmao.

i find it hilarious how all the official sources kept claiming there was "unlimited music!" "THOUSANDS OF SONGS TO RELEASE" then not even a decade later say theres nothing left lmao.
Honestly, the Estate has been trying to paint this picture to corroborate with their IRS process, where they underestimated the vault and its value to avoid paying more taxes.

Have you ever listened to the original version of Hot Fun?

Have we ever actually had solid confirmation of how much vocals MJ actually recorded? I recall someone saying that they had heard it, but then they flip flopped on how much MJ vocals there are, lol.

I consider it a Victory outtake more than A Thriller one. It would've been the highlight of that album.
The earliest Chicago 1945 seemed to be thoroughly worked on was sometime during the BAD sessions; the booklet for Xscape states it outright:
The song has often been referred to as “Chicago” (likely due to the lyric, “I met her on my way to Chicago,” though it is not to be confused with Jackson's unreleased Bad session recording “Chicago 1945”).
For those who don’t believe me, feel free to check out your own booklets; the exact same quote will be on it.

Last edited:
The earliest Chicago 1945 seemed to be thoroughly worked on was sometime during the BAD sessions; the booklet for Xscape states it outright:

For those who don’t believe me, feel free to check out your own booklets; the exact same quote will be on it.
I'm not sure how reliable the estate even is. They stated that "Who Do You Know" was considered for Thriller which is a complete lie.

I’m really excited to hear it in HQ. While songs like “Blood On The Dance Floor” and “2000 Watts” showcase how deep Michael’s voice could get, “Dreams Away” does just the opposite; in other words, it’s a great track which showcases how light it could get.

I’m really excited to hear it in HQ. While songs like “Blood On The Dance Floor” and “2000 Watts” showcase how deep Michael’s voice could get, “Dreams Away” does just the opposite; in other words, it’s a great track which showcases how light it could get.
Dream Away HQ will display how badly edited his vocals are

Between “Chicago 1945” and “Dreams Away”, which one do you guys consider to be the better song?

Back