The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I don't know if this has been said here, but it is pretty obvious the Estate has been playing it safe when it comes to picking material from the vault.

Xscape had 2 all-new songs only and they even put WIP mixes of previously leaked songs (APWNN, BG and Xscape).
Bad 25 had more unheard material than Xscape.

I don't know if this has been said here, but it is pretty obvious the Estate has been playing it safe when it comes to picking material from the vault.

Xscape had 2 all-new songs only and they even put WIP mixes of previously leaked songs (APWNN, BG and Xscape).
It's more about the fact that they had already picked the songs for Michael than the songs being leaked, which 5 of them at the time of Michael's release were unheard. I'm thinking that the same will go for the next album, the songs that they choose will probably be songs that were considered for Xscape.

T40 is where they REALLY played safe, 4 re-releases, 2 demos of songs they had already released, 2 songs that leaked and only 2 new songs that they had already considered for past albums.

It's more about the fact that they had already picked the songs for Michael than the songs being leaked, which 5 of them at the time of Michael's release were unheard. I'm thinking that the same will go for the next album, the songs that they choose will probably be songs that were considered for Xscape.

T40 is where they REALLY played safe, 4 re-releases, 2 demos of songs they had already released, 2 songs that leaked and only 2 new songs that they had already considered for past albums.
WDYK was considered for a posthumous album?

Yes it was like tabloid junkie
Do you think that "Tabloid Junkie" is still a bit different from its "Tabloid Jungle" demo? Does the demo use the same lyrics or are they completely different?

I wonder if “Who Do You Know” was ever given a new posthumous coat of paint. I’d love to hear what they did with it. Easily one of the best unreleased MJ tracks, in my opinion. I’d gladly trade “The Girl Is Mine” for it on Thriller.
Have I said you deserve in an asylum already?

WDYK would have been a nice addition on either posthumous album. I think Xscape possibly needed a ballad on there for more balance

I would who would have produced an updated version of the song? Probably McClain

Well, Chicago 1945 is scrapped from their list since it was one of the 24 options for Xscape (right?).

WDYK is nice. Not as big a fan of it as some seem to be, though.
I really liked it at first. It would have needed some different production to be released on Thriller. It hasn’t aged well with me. It’s a little too twangy or something? Can’t quite put my finger on it. Happy it was released.

Im still flabbergasted how they didnt include streetwalker in bad, if the 1988 version existed before the album released, it would have fit the album so much
Michael actually really liked Streetwalker, but Quincy vetoed it in favour of Another Part Of Me, which he thought was the better song out of the two.

Michael actually really liked Streetwalker, but Quincy vetoed it in favour of Another Part Of Me, which he thought was the better song out of the two.
Frank Dileo had the final say on that because he was the one who eventually convinced Michael Jackson to include 'Another Part Of Me' in the place of the 'Streetwalker' song.

Well, Chicago 1945 is scrapped from their list since it was one of the 24 options for Xscape (right?).
Steve Porcaro said on last year's seminar that he was negotiating with the Estate to get the song out, so who knows? Maybe it'll be on the next album.

I wonder if “Who Do You Know” was ever given a new posthumous coat of paint. I’d love to hear what they did with it. Easily one of the best unreleased MJ tracks, in my opinion. I’d gladly trade “The Girl Is Mine” for it on Thriller.
I consider it a Victory outtake more than A Thriller one. It would've been the highlight of that album.

^
ht, twylm & ad, too (on Michael album)
I wanted to include those, but I don't consider it contemporization. It's just "completion", quote on quote. Also, those aren't really invincible... Not to me. Well, another day was, the others were for the next album.

And LNFSG is literally just McClain's mix from 2010 for Michael.

Steve Porcaro said on last year's seminar that he was negotiating with the Estate to get the song out, so who knows? Maybe it'll be on the next album.
Idk if anyone ever noticed this besides me but Chicago 1945's copyright was reregistered not long before it was leaked.

Idk if anyone ever noticed this besides me but Chicago 1945's copyright was reregistered not long before it was leaked.
Steve re-registered it just a few days before his seminar, might've been related to that.

Back