The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

To be honnest i was never a fan of Blue Gangsta Xscape was good but i don't call it Xscape i prefer to call it Escape since probrably it was supposed to be called like that

is it just me or is time repeating itself as we've gotten an anniversary album in 2022, with a new album supposedly in the works for 2024, while back in 2012 Bad 25 came out and Xscape came out in 2014?
I think they’ll announce another posthumous album shortly after the release of the biopic; it’s perfect from a business perspective, and as much as I like shitting on the estate, I don’t think they’re stupid enough to miss out on that opportunity.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, you couldn't find the track anywhere else.

Is that where that remix comes from? I thought you were talking about this remix lol

But yeah, it makes sense that they'd change the song/the album's name to Xscape since Sony was marketing it along with the Xperia.

@ChanceToDance You just reminded me of a fanmade edit of the Slave to the Rhythm remix made by mjmax where he merged this ad, the album mix and the bridge from the BBMA performance and it ended up being so great.
I'm not a fan of the STTR remix but man, that bridge from the hologram performance went hard. I wish they kept that in the album mix.

I'm not a fan of the STTR remix but man, that bridge from the hologram performance went hard. I wish they kept that in the album mix.
I've linked the edit I mentioned in my original post. You might want to check it out, makes the song better imo.

Is that where that remix comes from? I thought you were talking about this remix lol

But yeah, it makes sense that they'd change the song/the album's name to Xscape since Sony was marketing it along with the Xperia.
Is that ad lib are the very end in the actual song?? I dont recall ever hearing it

I've linked the edit I mentioned in my original post. You might want to check it out, makes the song better imo.
I finished listening to it, yeah it's better but the original version is what I prefer listening to. His vocals shine more on that version y'know?
Is that ad lib are the very end in the actual song?? I dont recall ever hearing it
It is.

I think they’ll announce another posthumous album shortly after the release of the biopic; it’s perfect from a business perspective, and as much as I like shitting on the estate, I don’t think they’re stupid enough to miss out on that opportunity.
Don't underestimate their stupidity!

It probably was and was changed to Xscape to coincide with Sony Xperia Z2's release.
They've been floating the spelling Xscape since at least the early 2010s. It used to be on Wikipedia, which, I know, isn't canon. But it was being talked about certainly, Before the album came. Even the font on the album is supposed to be in MJ's handwriting.

If I remember correctly, you couldn't find the track anywhere else.

Yes, it was a pre order Sony Music exclusive thing. I was just looking for the cover, it has a unique light blue background for the otherwise exact same Xscape album cover.

@ChanceToDance

Closing out the album with the titular track, the demo of which originally leaked in 2003, “Xscape” is perhaps given the most love in the reinvention stakes and feels more like a fully thought out song rather than a hastily constructed remix. In its demo form, the song is funkier and murkier and has a bit more oomph to it than the more dance-oriented remake. It’s also one of Jackson’s strongest vocals on the collection...

What's the song that Michael wrote for et extra album that branch talked about it

Back