The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

It's not very good, I see why its remained unreleased. Wouldn't really fit Xscape or Michael imo. It'll likely get used eventually (assuming theyll put out new songs) since it has probably the most vocals to it out of all the songs left.
I assume it suffers from the same problem other Rodney Jenkins tracks have: a very catchy beat but just a tad too long.

I assume it suffers from the same problem other Rodney Jenkins tracks have: a very catchy beat but just a tad too long.
Yes- it’s also a tad too repetitive. In terms of quality, it’s on the same level as Heartbreaker and Invincible. Imo not as good as Xscape, We’ve Had Enough, Rock My World.

Now that we’re on the topic of GYWOOM, I’d like to ask a question: why did the estate hold back GYWOOM from being featured in both posthumous albums? Are they saving the best for later, or do they think it’s an underwhelming song?
Korgnex said on another forum that it was because the Estate thought it couldn't reach mainstream appeal.

I'm not really fussed about it being released or not. From the snippets it's not all that great, just gives me the same vibes as some of the other Invincible tracks.

I'm not really fussed about it being released or not. From the snippets it's not all that great, just gives me the same vibes as some of the other Invincible tracks.
What unreleased songs would you like to hear? Just curious.

Coming soon in what format, though? Do you think it’ll be featured on the next posthumous release or will it finally get leaked in full?
Probably will be leaked first, as multiple people seem to have the full song now. I don’t see the Estate releasing it anytime soon.

I feel like it wasn’t released for the same reason any of the other usable unreleased tracks weren’t chosen: luck of the draw. It doesn’t sound extravagant or anything but I think it’s a solid enough song that has potential.

Yeah, I very much doubt that the estate would not release a song with full vocals like that. It just hasn't been picked yet.

Id definitely put it below Heartbreaker without a second thought. Idk about Invincible
I think lyrically it’s weaker than both of these, but I actually think the production is better. GYWOOM doesn’t sound overproduced to my ear, while Heartbreaker and Invincible definitely do.

Last edited:
Thoughts about “The Verdict”? I think the finished track might be great, tbh. The leaked instrumentals (from the Brad Sundberg theft) are underwhelming, but that’s to be expected since they’re obviously unfinished, early concepts.

I feel like it wasn’t released for the same reason any of the other usable unreleased tracks weren’t chosen: luck of the draw. It doesn’t sound extravagant or anything but I think it’s a solid enough song that has potential.
Contemporized it'll be a pretty decent album track. But the hype of it, ironically makes it way easy to get mainstream appeal imo.

Now that we’re on the topic of GYWOOM, I’d like to ask a question: why did the estate hold back GYWOOM from being featured in both posthumous albums? Are they saving the best for later, or do they think it’s an underwhelming song?
It would have sounded way out of place on Michael. That's the biggest thing about the record; it's far more "analog" sounding than Invincible, like or hate it, any of it. The Casio tracks are the most "modern tunes", but Teddy has a pretty deft hand production wise. A shame about the tracks themselves being utter bollocks.

I am not British.

Xscape on the other hand, that was on LA Reid and his producers. Stargate said that a lot of the songs they were offered to work didn't speak to them, before they heard A Place With No Name. I imagine every producer got their chance of a tune's vocals to work with, whatever spoke to them. Maybe some stipulations. You can't tell me Slave to the Rhythm was picked by chance lol. CGYWOM just must've missed the draw.

Thoughts about “The Verdict”? I think the finished track might be great, tbh. The leaked instrumentals (from the Brad Sundberg theft) are underwhelming, but that’s to be expected since they’re obviously unfinished, early concepts.
I doubt there’s an actual vocal for this one- was there ever a source confirming this? My guess is the version that leaked is the most complete one.

Well, “The Verdict” is simply a rework of Janet Jackson’s “Work”; what do you guys think about that track?

Is it a rework or does it just use similar sounds as “Work”? There is a difference.
Not completely sure, tbh. I remember reading that Janet gave it away to Michael after she scrapped it from RN1814, and he reworked it into The Verdict sometime later.

Last edited:
Back