The Daily News Jan 20 - Grammys Will Stage 3-D Tribute to Michael Jackson

Does anybody know what station and time , the grammies will be shown in the UK?? i am dying to see this , have 3d glasses from Journey to centre of the earth and many more from Bluray 3d . Would love pair of the this is it glasses. what you should not confuse though is that this is not type of 3d Michael was to use for concerts! it was REAL3d as in Avatar , Disneys Christmas Carol, Up, etc! Will be great seeing this, and i firmly believe that we will see more of Michael material turned or made into 3d!

Terry

SEE - Target - GRAMMYs 3D

michael-3djpg-74a4eeac28bd8b5e.jpg

Got mine yesterday but I don't feel like I'm going to see things very clearly through the blue and red lenses. :ermm: hmmmmm

Can u watch 3D on any TV or computer screen? Or do u need 3D compatible screens..?

Live With Regis & Kelly (the daytime TV talkshow in the U.S.) had a Halloween special a couple years ago with a portion of it in 3-D. I have to say I was a little disappointed in it. The 3-D really didn't pop out at me that well. Hoping the Grammy thing will be better.

wow, sounds really good :) But this year grammy would be the last grammy I'm gonna watch. I dont watch grammys actually. I just watched because of Michael in 1984 and the legend award he received in 1993.It feels like it is not a grammy without Michael :(

Great disappointed those cheap glasses.... For people with Prescription glasses you WILL have a tough time seeing good. I know i will.

Nothing is even stated at Sony Norway website. I have sent them an email. I would love to get the glasses. Even though the Grammy's will be aired very late at night.

Okay, Grammys! I'm all 3-D'd up and ready to go!! Looking forward to Sun., Jan. 31st!

:D

yesterday i want out to get my this is it Dvd at my music store and i ask if they had the 3D glasses they say they don't and they didn't hear anything about it i was so :mat:

When are the Grammys, this Sunday?

I wish they show it on tv here.

Got mine the 21st..The guy working there hadn't set-up the TII displays yet and he got them out of a box and gave me two sets. :lol:
IMG00231.jpg

ohhh...these glasses you guys have are coloured...but I only have these regular 3d glasses you get in the cinema. Will that work? Since its 2 am for me, I will have to have some clock alarms, usually I just snooze when my mobile goes off....

Grammys producer on Sunday's Michael Jackson tribute: 'He is looking down and saying...they are doing right'
by Lynette Rice

During Sunday’s telecast of the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards, the show will feature the never-before-seen 3-D mini-movie for Earth Song that was created by Michael Jackson for his This Is It tour. Grammys executive producer Ken Ehrlich talked to EW.com about the decision to air the film, and how he tried to persuade Jackson to appear on the awards show last year.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell us about your decision to pay tribute to Michael Jackson.
KEN EHRLICH: Last year at this time, it was the 25th anniversary of Thriller and I was talking about having Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown – before the troubles – and Ne-Yo do a whole thing that ended with Michael. It would have started with two or three of them pretending to be Michael, and then Michael would be revealed. I pitched it to him, and I thought I had him. And he just said, “I’m not ready.. .I’ll be with you next year.” It wasn’t to be.

I came to Michael’s last rehearsal for the live show to meet about another project and coincidentally, he was watching the 3-D film for Earth Song. I could see what it meant to him. He told me it was as important or more important than anything else in the concert show because there was the message about preserving the earth. After we did his memorial service and started thinking about what to do for the Grammys, I did think about what (tributes) were done on other shows. Whenever I worked with Michael he’d say, “Kenny, let’s do something that no one has ever done before.” This is something that no one’s ever done before – certainly not on an awards show. I’m an old guy, kind of emotional. There is a part of me that thinks he is looking down at this and saying they are doing right by me.

Will there be song and dance with the footage?
The way it was going to go on the tour was that it would be shown, then a bulldozer would come out and Michael would perform the song with dancers. What I decided to do was have five people who Michael would have liked – Smokey Robinson, who was his Godfather, Usher, who was his disciple, along with Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, and Jennifer Hudson perform. I didn’t want to do a Natalie and Nat King Cole kind of thing, but you’ll hear Michael singing part of a verse, and then one of these artists singing another part of the verse. I think it has the potential to be one of those things that people will remember for a long time. There are four or five of these moments in the show that I don’t think I’m going to get through emotionally.

What are some others?
Last night about midnight I got a track that was done long distance by Andrea Bocelli in Italy and Mary J Blige. They put together “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Ron Fair, the head of Geffen Records, came to me and wanted to do something on the show for Haiti. I remembered that 40 years ago, “Bridge” won record and song of the year. I called Paul Simon and asked him if he would bless it. That’s how it started. People can download the song after the show and all the money will go to the Red Cross. Wyclef Jean is coming to introduce it.

With so many other music award shows out there, is it getting tougher to create water cooler moments on the Grammys?
Nope. We’re the at end of the road. The artists have already done the stuff they are going to do on the other shows so by the time they get to us, they are really looking for something. We are still the Grammys. They know we reach higher, we set the bar higher, and when they come to us, they want to do better. We’re not interested in doing the latest hit. We’re more interested in finding something that gives them a little more creativity.

Give us a little intel on the tribute to Bon Jovi.
The fans are voting for one of three songs on CBS.com (that Bon Jovi will perform; they are “Livin on a Prayer,” “It’s My Life,” and “Always”). He won’t know which song that won until 30 seconds before he finishes the second song and then boom, he’s on it. He’ll do “We Weren’t Born to Follow,” and then Jennifer Nettles will come on and join him, and then he’ll go into one of three songs.

How do you contain Lady Gaga on what’s supposed to be family-oriented telecast?
You work with her. We started in December. I have a tremendous amount of admiration for her. She’s really inventive. That’s the fun of it. There are people who come back year after year — the U2s and the Bruces — but the first-timers are not only a challenge but as much fun as anyone else.

Any procedural changes to the ceremony this year?
This year we’re gonna do the comedy album award. We haven’t done that in a long time. [This year's nominees are Back From The Dead, Spinal Tap; A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift Of All, Stephen Colbert; Internet Leaks, "Weird Al" Yankovic; My Weakness Is Strong, Patton Oswalt; Suckin’ It For The Holidays, Kathy Griffin; and Tall, Dark & Chicano, George Lopez.]

just picked up my 3D glasses

IMG_1012.jpg

Me too! :)

ohhh...these glasses you guys have are coloured...but I only have these regular 3d glasses you get in the cinema. Will that work? Since its 2 am for me, I will have to have some clock alarms, usually I just snooze when my mobile goes off....
I think those are the better ones. They should be work. :)

I thought that you would still be able to view the spot but w/o the special effects
of the glasses. But someone on my job said if you try to watch the segment w/o
the 3-D specs, all you will get is a blur. Is this all the way true?

I'm glad tho to see some of MJ's vision for his concerts realized in some form.

Last edited:
Does anybody whatsoever know where i can watch the Grammys? online or say is channel 5 or channel 4? a terrestial or freeview channel showing it? Please can someone find out?

Thanks

Terry

Back