The Daily News Jan 20 - Grammys Will Stage 3-D Tribute to Michael Jackson

great. my vision is not good enough for three d glasses.:(

but i'm glad for the tribute..

"After he passed, we knew that people would be looking at the show to see what we do for Michael," Ehrlich said. "It occurred to me to take this one song, which admittedly was not a big hit, though it went to number one [in Europe], that captured so much of Michael's spirit and what he was all about and to bring it to life ... with four or five singers singing along with Michael's voice."

Singing along w/ MJ? Hmmmm..Doesn't sound too good. But I am looking forward to be surprised.

Memefan vbmenu_register("postmenu_2555313", true);
member.gif
projectlegacy.gif

My Mood:
Worried.gif

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: The Daily News Jan 20 - Grammys Will Stage 3-D Tribute to Michael Jackson
Quote:

"After he passed, we knew that people would be looking at the show to see what we do for Michael," Ehrlich said. "It occurred to me to take this one song, which admittedly was not a big hit, though it went to number one [in Europe], that captured so much of Michael's spirit and what he was all about and to bring it to life ... with four or five singers singing along with Michael's voice."

Singing along w/ MJ? Hmmmm..Doesn't sound too good. But I am looking forward to be surprised.

look at that...more ugly american syndrome, again. the song isn't considered a big hit by this man, Erhlich, because it was big in Europe..but not america.

that said...it did hit the top ten in america. but that has nothing to do with my first point.

3d performance tribute for mj @ the grammys...cool! :wild:

I think they should let Michael sing alone with the song. Anyway, looks like I need to see the Grammys this year just for Michael. I don't know about the 3D thing though. 3D is terrible for my eyes. I had a headache seeing Avatar.

Will this air in Australia or is it just in the US?

*Oh God I'm not looking forward to Jermaine arhhh!!*

How I wish Prince and Paris were old enough to accept the award on their fathers behalf.

I wonder if we are going to see any new footag for Earth Song. We did see the clip in TII, so besides the singers, I wonder what other surprises we might receive.

To be real sincere, i think the five other voices will only do the chorus part, you know the hoooo oooo oooo, and stuff, NOONE CAN SING THAT SONG THE WAY MICHAEL DID, their only try will ruin it... i hope Ken Ehlrich can see IT TOO, I THINK HE WILL, Im sure he already nkows it. they will kill that song, they should do only the chorus, they are fantastic singers, but noone comes near Michael in singing style and emotion

He was probably going to perform this year if he was still here? That just hurts. I hope they take the time to show his life from childhood to now. Basically his whole life had been in the music business. I hope this is the tribute I have been waiting to see for him. The others were okay and the AMA's was digraceful in my opinion. But like others have said I would rather have Michael back than another tribute. I know I am going to cry watching this.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :boohoo: :boohoo:

I'm gonna be wearing the 3D glasses so its ok if i cry...but the hurt now is sooo deep! To know that If Michael was here...he'd have done the Grammy. OMFG!!!!! We'd have been crazi on here...it would have been Amazing. I dont know what to say... :cry:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

He was probably going to perform this year if he was still here? That just hurts. I hope they take the time to show his life from childhood to now. Basically his whole life had been in the music business. I hope this is the tribute I have been waiting to see for him. The others were okay and the AMA's was digraceful in my opinion. But like others have said I would rather have Michael back than another tribute. I know I am going to cry watching this.
God, he was so full of life, yeah he said he wanted to perform this year, that hurted me so bad.... :cry: he should be ALIVE....

Yeah and i hope finally, that finally this award shows which are the most important in music, that they will finally give Michael Jackson his deserved, goodhearted, respectful, long tribute, and his message, Michael's message deserves attention, it does more than ever, i mean he died trying to make this world a BETTER PLACE... i have faith on the Grammys all the other award shows were like jokes.

Michael dedicated of his short life, 50 years, he dedicated 45 years to music, the Grammys should know.

saying it again: He dedicated 45 year out of his 50 years of life TO music, to THE BEST QUALITY MUSIC ONE CAN EVER HEAR

He deserves a hell of a tribute.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/01/20/we-are-the-world-25-sequel-aid-haiti-quincy-jones/

‘We Are the World’ Sequel Set to Aid Haiti

By: Roger Friedman // Wednesday January 20, 2010
quincy.jpg
EXCLUSIVE: This column has learned that Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie are planning a massive 25th anniversary re-recording of “We Are the World.”
The timing couldn’t be better, sadly enough.
The duo is summoning lots and lots of talent from Grammy weekend to stay an extra night — Monday Feb. 1 — and come to the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. There, they will celebrate a quarter century since Ken Kragen, Richie and Michael Jackson organized the original “We Are the World” with Quincy.
This time the artists invited include Usher, Natalie Cole, and John Legend. But you can bet that more names will be added shortly and that all the Grammy nominees and participants will be asked to come as well. Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich will produce the event, which will then be turned into a video and single just like it was in 1985. Don’t be surprised if Wyclef Jean joins in, along with Sting, Fergie, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and other distinctive voices.
It’s hoped that as in 1985, everyone will “leave their egos at the door.”
Originally, this anniversary celebration was to be held on Jan. 28. But when the Haiti earthquake happened, sources tell me, the whole deal changed. Now proceeds will go to Haiti relief. In 1985, “We Are the World,” which begat Live Aid, raised money for Africa relief.
Plans are still sketchy, but one thing’s for sure: In some way, the song’s co-author Michael Jackson will be invoked. AEG is co-producing this event. They’re also putting together a 3D tribute to Michael for the Grammy show from elements Jackson was going to use for his tour. Jackson recorded “We Are the World” for what became “This Is It.” Surely he’ll be included here as well, which will make the whole project even more poignant.
Stay tuned. PS: Quincy Jones is about to release what has been described to me as a landmark new album that he’s made with contemporary R&B and hip hop artists. He was responsible for the original “We Are the World” and will guide the new one. He is not a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in case you were wondering.

During another meeting between the two parties before last year's Grammys, Michael even hinted that he wasn't prepared to perform in the 2009 show, but might be interested in taking the stage the 2010 show. Ken said, "This year we're doing the Grammys, but we're doing them about Michael, not with Michael."

Oh damn. :cry:

I'm hoping for the same.

Wait wait...Question... will the 3D glasses I used to watch Avatar at Imax (given to us by them) work for this Grammy Tribute? Or are they different? I thought this type of 3d can only work through special screens and not on regular televisions.

The only type of 3D i ever saw air on TV were the red and cyans (red & blues) glasses for JAWS hehehe :D.
Because to see 3D in full color like the film Avatar, I was told, would require a special silver screen and 2 projections playing at the same time.
They also sell special monitors for 3D viewing.

Id like more info on this because I have a pair of 3Ds for red and blues and the ones i kept from Avatar. :p
You're right, current TV sets on the market both regular and HD cannot display polarized images. Which is why anything that's broadcasted in 3D on TV is anaglyph 3D.

Cyan and Red colored lens 3D glasses will be required to view the 3D.

41MTGdftYDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
3126561.jpg

Does this mean that the 3d will not show not be in stereoscopic? and will be in the old style??? I thought the way you weould be able to view was direct from a screen if they where using 2 projectors onto it? Michael was doing it in stereoscopic.

Terry

Does this mean that the 3d will not show not be in stereoscopic? and will be in the old style??? I thought the way you would be able to view was direct from a screen if they where using 2 projectors onto it? Michael was doing it in stereoscopic.

Terry

I think that the the live audience will view in 2-projectors 3D (uses polarised light - clear glasses) and the audience at home will view it in stereoscopic 3D (red/blue glasses).

In the UK, Channel 4 had a week of 3D and all of the 3D stuff was in stereoscopic! However 3D cinemas and the "This Is It" tour used polarised 3D.

^

Ooohhh.... That looks so cool. I wonder if it's available in Canada.

Anyways, It's great that WATW is being re-recorded for a good cause but Quincy still gets on my nerves... -_-

Sorry, I can't help it... :sorry:

Wow now that is krazy! I definitely goin' to Target to get me some 3D Glasses on Sunday!

Can't say I'm not excited, but it kinda hurts at the same time, blah.

But it will be awesome. I'm looking forward to it. MJ at the Grammys 2010 :heart:

Can't say I'm not excited, but it kinda hurts at the same time, blah.

But it will be awesome. I'm looking forward to it. MJ at the Grammys 2010 :heart:

right with you, I started tearing up again...this has been a hard week for me but I am looking forward to seeing this and hope (as it sounds) it will be the ultimate celebration of not only the music but also the man, which he truly deserves.

right with you, I started tearing up again...this has been a hard week for me but I am looking forward to seeing this and hope (as it sounds) it will be the ultimate celebration of not only the music but also the man, which he truly deserves.

I hope so too. He deserves it more than anyone else in that biz

Back