Songs confirmed for 2nd posthumous album by Dr Freeze.

Dr.Freeze is probably gonna put his new sound on both songs (Blue Gangster and place with no name), he's been experimenting these last few years and his sound is no longer the same as it was in the 90's when Break Of dawn and Place with no name were recorded, its more of an electronic, Broken beat Techno futuristic sound, anyone who's listened to Poison 2010 and Michael will know what im talking about, they basically don't exist on the internet anymore but ill upload them soon.

Do not assume. For all we know, they'll leave the songs alone.

Do not assume. For all we know, they'll leave the songs alone.

Iam not assuming, Freeze said that himself in the interview, that Blue Gangster is gonna be a ' Perfectly Calibrated nightclub song', how is it gonna be played in the club in its original version, its highly unlikely, his new production "kraftwerk" is a mix of Electronic/Funky Techno sound like i said before. I remember he said he's gonna add 'sounds' on it to sound 'current' but the foundation of the track will of course stay the same.

Here's the part in the interview.

Actually, I've already done so for "Blue Gangsta". I've updated it a bit, the song is completed, ready to go. It will be completely different from the version leaked on the net. It is perfectly calibrated to enter a nightclub. It sounds very European in style productions Kraftwerk.

Last edited:
DYKWYCA to me is similar to Aerosmith's "Janie's Got A Gun"....but maybe a bit more controversial.

Still, I think it should be released on the album. Maybe not as a single for radio play, but it deserves an album release....as does Slave, Blue Gangsta & A Place Without No Name.

BTW you can't trust Wikipedia. Anyone can edit and add anything on there

It doesn't work like that anymore, unless it's reliably sourced, it gets taken off, i therefor trust wikipedia, stop bagging on the site, yes it is wrong at times, but so is every other source of information, books can be wrong, it's just prejudice bs

any updates, news, dates??? Or just the quote dr freeze said about the couple songs?

Take into consideration that these songs may not make the 'final cut'.

Dr Freeze may be working on them, but he has absolutely no say on the final track-list. And since the next album will be a while until it's release, I highly doubt they would have decided on a final track selection atm.

Remember when Lenny K. said the 'Another Day' would be the first single from MICHAEL?...

Take into consideration that these songs may not make the 'final cut'.

Dr Freeze may be working on them, but he has absolutely no say on the final track-list. And since the next album will be a while until it's release, I highly doubt they would have decided on a final track selection atm.

Remember when Lenny K. said the 'Another Day' would be the first single from MICHAEL?...

But Freeze didn't say that his 2 cuts will be lead singles, all he said is that they will make the album and he confirmed it more than once in the interview, i don't think the estate has that much finished 'vocal' material to chose from, so they're probably going to make the final cut, unlike tracks like "Rise Above It All" which Mike didn't complete his vocals on even though the production is finished.

Q: How do you know if "A Place With No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" will be on the next album?

F: That I know. This is confirmed

Such a shame, that HIStory doesn't have much recorded, just odd sounds and instrumentals but would be good to hear them though.

But Freeze didn't say that his 2 cuts will be lead singles, all he said is that they will make the album and he confirmed it more than once in the interview, i don't think the estate has that much finished 'vocal' material to chose from, so they're probably going to make the final cut, unlike tracks like "Rise Above It All" which Mike didn't complete his vocals on even though the production is finished.

I wasn't saying that they would be singles, I was just making an example that song producers don't have a say on what gets released.

^^ You made an example that Lenny Kravitz said that Another Day would be the lead single of Michael, but Freeze didn't say that all he said is that both tracks are definitely gonna make the final cut.

^^ You made an example that Lenny Kravitz said that Another Day would be the lead single of Michael, but Freeze didn't say that all he said is that both tracks are definitely gonna make the final cut.

Again, I was just pointing out that the song producers have no power over what is released.

Such a shame, that HIStory doesn't have much recorded, just odd sounds and instrumentals but would be good to hear them though.

Rob Hoffman said there are a few fully completed songs (four I think?) from the HIStory sessions that were never released and one of them is a MASTERPIECE. (he didn't want to name the titles)

IMO there could be many more - look at Much Too Soon. He (RH) didn't even remember about it before people asked him specifically. Mike recorded just a few takes and moved on from this piece, yet still - it's fully releasable and could be considered a finished song.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

^But, the vocals on BG and STTR are unbelievably strong. The way he coveyed emotion is out-of-this-world.

Blue Gangsta is a gem. I can't believe so many don't think it's good. It's so precious, I love it!

I love BG- the vocals is what I am totally in love with. They are truly powerful. The instrumentation can always be fixed, but the vocals are irreplaceable- just gorgeous!

I remember how excited everyone was when Michael was announced and what happened afterwards was really sad and disappointing. I still hope that any posthumous album released brings us together.

Yes that would be very nice.

AND the full original version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You with the spoken intro.

IJCSLY full version? you mean just MJ? Now that would interest me more than Why. I would love to listen to all full versions of MJ duets- that would be a real treat.

In the new album I would love to have STTR, 12'oclock, BG, APWNN and many of the outtakes of the Vince sessions with Jerkins (I heard they are gems) Also, I Have This Dream.

I am not that keen on Xscape, sorry. His vocal style is too different and forced I believe.

I just hope like Marebear has mentioned this new album has a better outcome all around than Michael has had so far, especially with the fans and their support of it. If they have to leave out the Cascio tracks then so be it (even though I would love to hear them one day) but for everybody's sake I hope they release songs that the majority of fans throw their full support over. I DO HOPE the Jacksons don't start anything.

I don't know if the Estate will release leaked music on a CD because Sony will loose money because they are all on you tube currently, unless Sony takes all the music videos down now, and they may have a chance to make some money.

This is a good thing.. we will get never heard music. :p

IJCSLY full version? you mean just MJ? Now that would interest me more than Why. I would love to listen to all full versions of MJ duets- that would be a real treat.

Na, they mean the original vinykl and cassette version which has michael speaking over the intro "i just wanna lay next to u for a while..." and so on. They removed it, and the heavy breathing from the begining of Smooth Criminal from the CD because both were deemed to sexual........ or something ridiculous like that.

I DO HOPE the Jacksons don't start anything.

Unless Sony or the estate give them money, they will always kick off!

I don't know if the Estate will release leaked music on a CD because Sony will loose money because they are all on you tube currently, unless Sony takes all the music videos down now, and they may have a chance to make some money.

This is a good thing.. we will get never heard music. :p

But I would like a CD with STTR and 12'oclock in them, those songs still need finishing - the vocals are perfect but maybe some tweaking with the instrumentals and the ending in STTR. I still think ppl would buy the CD with those leaked songs on them. Just keeping my fingers crossed. :yes:

But I would like a CD with STTR and 12'oclock in them, those songs still need finishing - the vocals are perfect but maybe some tweaking with the instrumentals and the ending in STTR. I still think ppl would buy the CD with those leaked songs on them. Just keeping my fingers crossed. :yes:

Whats wrong with the ending of STTR?? Its a great ending, different and unexpected yet still sooo MJ.

I think Do you know where your children are, is completed and Slave To The Rhythm, is perfect, and the ending is amazing, just perfect for a dance track.

But I don't want anything done to them, because I want to hear how Michael left them.

Whats wrong with the ending of STTR?? Its a great ending, different and unexpected yet still sooo MJ.

I think Do you know where your children are, is completed and Slave To The Rhythm, is perfect, and the ending is amazing, just perfect for a dance track.

But I don't want anything done to them, because I want to hear how Michael left them.

I think you misunderstood about the ending. I love the ending of STTR what I mean is that it just stops abruptly at least that is what I heard in YT version. There is no fade out or there isn't a proper stop like with many MJ songs when there were no fade outs at the very end of the song. :)

I also hear some voices in the background either in STTR or 12'oclock not sure, I don't think they should be there, but again that is from the version in YT, so I don't know if there is a better version out there.

STTR MUST be released, no question.

It's just amazing, it would smash the charts as it stands at the moment!

Can you imagine this being released as the first single instead of Hold My Hand? One can only dream I guess :)

STTR MUST be released, no question.

It's just amazing, it would smash the charts as it stands at the moment!

Can you imagine this being released as the first single instead of Hold My Hand? One can only dream I guess :)

:wild: :wild:

@tricia, I agree with you about DYKWYCA...The song sounds unfinished to me....Mostly because it doesn't sound as rich as it could...Some instrumentation seems to be missing...Not enough meat on the bones, yet...Either way, it's fekking amazing the way it is...:)

I think you misunderstood about the ending. I love the ending of STTR what I mean is that it just stops abruptly at least that is what I heard in YT version. There is no fade out or there isn't a proper stop like with many MJ songs when there were no fade outs at the very end of the song. :)

I also hear some voices in the background either in STTR or 12'oclock not sure, I don't think they should be there, but again that is from the version in YT, so I don't know if there is a better version out there.

Ooo I see what you mean, I thought you meant by the ending, just sounds like a mess, and needs to be sorted. :p

Next time say about it just stopping. :p I just thought you meant as it sounds a mess.

Ooo I see what you mean, I thought you meant by the ending, just sounds like a mess, and needs to be sorted. :p

Next time say about it just stopping. :p I just thought you meant as it sounds a mess.

he he I love his "messy" ad libs at the end of the song - it's brilliant- very Michaelish - love it. :wild:

And stopping it is, thanks :D

With all this club music craze (something which i'm sick of btw) going on it would be incredibly stupid not to release Slave To The Rhythm as a single.

The great thing about Slave To The Rhythm for me is that not only is it a club song but it's a good club song.

Fade outs suck!! its like they couldn't be arsed to write an ending. U always hear really good stuff, like sickening guitar solos or really powerful ad-libs, just as it fades to silence, i hate it. And STTR has a proper ending, the yt versions u hear must be cut.

Back