Songs confirmed for 2nd posthumous album by Dr Freeze.

I heard there is also a bad 25th anniversary edition planned too?

DYKWYCA to me is similar to Aerosmith's "Janie's Got A Gun"....but maybe a bit more controversial.

Still, I think it should be released on the album. Maybe not as a single for radio play, but it deserves an album release....as does Slave, Blue Gangsta & A Place Without No Name.

BTW you can't trust Wikipedia. Anyone can edit and add anything on there

Immortal World Tour very well could have a soundtrack similar to Beatles LOVE - Cirque generally DOES put out soundtracks to their shows so we'll see (unless its just the regular studio recordings which is possible... though the latest interview with greg seems to imply to me live instruments with michael's vocals on playback)

as for bad 25, its possible, though off the wall anniversary issue was slated for a while ago and would likely come first.

Yeah, and according to Jamie King there'll be mash-ups of songs in the show, so hopefully the Cirque will release a live soundtrack. Does anyone have a Cirque Du Soleil show soundtrack? Do they use the studio recordings or the songs used in the show?

yeah, Blue gangster is really raw and needs a little soemthing added, and maybe one of the chrous' removed from the end, does drag a little me thinks.

Definately agree with that. I like the song fine but it does seem to go on and on without really doing much. It could definately stand to be edited down a bit.

Can't wait for cirque to hit the uk!!

Definately agree with that. I like the song fine but it does seem to go on and on without really doing much. It could definately stand to be edited down a bit.

yeah, its just the last chorus section, seems to repeat to much, and even gets to a point where u expect it to end, and then it plays through another 4 times, lol.

So, disregarding the songs already mentioned here, what other unreleased tracks would u want to hear on the next album?

hmm, awesome choices so far. Me, i wanna hear Bottle of Smoke, Bassaloui, Still the king, Al Capone(hopefully on Bad 25) and Edgar allen poe.

The solo versions of any MJ duets/featuring songs would be awesome!

let's hope they won't mess up the mixing again. I heard Bad dvd is coming out too

Remember, Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. If I recall the "confirmation" came through twitter... I think its too early to say waht will and will not be on the album.

i do agree though, I hope they make the cut and aren't messed with too much. leave 'em the way mike had 'em.

Well, according to an interview with Dr. Freeze with a French fan club, they will leave APWNN alone and release it just like Michael had it. :D

^Adam, to echo Arklove's question, what is studio bleed? I've heard of the term before but don't know what is means.

Essentially its when music from the headphones leaks into the microphone of the lead vocalist. Generally you won't hear this unless you are listening to an acapella track since the regular version of a song would have it covered up by the actual instruments.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjWTdW2qdmc
listen and you can hear the strings and drums quite faintly.

Now listen to the very start of Slave the the Rhythm and you will hear similar bleed. There are other sections where it's noticeable (if you listen closely) but thats the most obvious place.

Essentially its when music from the headphones leaks into the microphone of the lead vocalist. Generally you won't hear this unless you are listening to an acapella track since the regular version of a song would have it covered up by the actual instruments.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjWTdW2qdmc
listen and you can hear the strings and drums quite faintly.

Now listen to the very start of Slave the the Rhythm and you will hear similar bleed. There are other sections where it's noticeable (if you listen closely) but thats the most obvious place.

Yes, ok...I know exactly what you mean now...Thanks for explaining :) I definitely noticed that in the beginning of Slave...

DYKWYCA to me is similar to Aerosmith's "Janie's Got A Gun"....but maybe a bit more controversial.

Still, I think it should be released on the album. Maybe not as a single for radio play, but it deserves an album release....as does Slave, Blue Gangsta & A Place Without No Name.

BTW you can't trust Wikipedia. Anyone can edit and add anything on there

True, but a lot of content on Wikipedia have sources inserted next to them.

Last edited:
Are these finished songs? I think that was one of the problems the last time with some people. I don't want to see a repeat of what we just went through with the first album. I feel some hesitation about the next one. I am looking forward the bad dvd if it happens and the cirque de soleil.

No, there's LOTS of finished/nearly finished songs. why they chose to do unfinished stuff for this album im not sure. i think they wanted to present the last stuff he was in the process of recording for this album. from this point on im sure we'll just get outtakes.

^ And other Cascio tracks and songs he worked on in 2007, 2008, and 2009?

^ And other Cascio tracks and songs he worked on in 2007, 2008, and 2009?

After the uproar over the last album Sony would be stupid to use more of the (questionable) Cascio tracks on future releases...

...which undoubtedly means they will haha.

After the uproar over the last album Sony would be stupid to use more of the (questionable) Cascio tracks on future releases...

...which undoubtedly means they will haha.

ROFLMFAO! Indeed!

Well, I never really understood why they didn't release actual finished songs/outtakes and decided to work on unfinished songs. And if they want to release some of his more recent work then why not release some Invincible outtakes? I'm pretty sure he finished a couple of songs that just didn't make the final cut. He even re-worked on a couple of songs like "Cheater" and "Chicago 1945". I for one am dying to hear the new version of "Cheater". That song was always one of my favs and the idea of Michael re-working on it and adding more to it is just... wow! For me it's already perfect. From what I understand it also features a rap by The Fats who I suppose raps on "Invincible" and "Heartbreaker" which are also some of my favs... So yeah, The Estate should come and read some of the posts here on MJJC and other various MJ fan forums and maybe, just maybe, give us what we want! All though that seems highly unlikely but still...

Screw them. :tease:

Like I said a while back, just put them on a separate album and call it something clever like "Michael Jackson has a cold" and release them like that, as separate albums. Don't mess up Michael Jackson's albums with them. Even if it's him singing on those songs do you really think he would agree for them to be released? Really...

If i was the estate this is what i would have on the next album..

Slave To The Rythym
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Place With No Name
Escape
Gangsta
Why (Solo version)
From The Bottom Of My Heart
Innocent Man (if recorded and atleast almost finished)

Could be an absolutely amazing album if they don't screw it up. But hey im sure they'll find a way to :-(

I don't hear anybody mentioning "Love Never Felt So Good".

I think it's a beautiful song altough it is from early 80's and regarding the vocals there are pretty finished.At least release it in demo version as a bonus track.

I always tought demos are something sacred and regardless of what they do to them after, they should let us hear how Michael left them.

I don't care about the arrangements, the instruments, whatever, I want Michael's voice.

You're joking me, Blue Gangsta does not need anything doing to it!

By all means, if there are songs that need touching up or finishing then do it, but don't do it just for the sake of it.

I'd love to hear the full version of A Place With No Name :yes: and Blue Gangster has always been one of my favourites so I hope thats on too, I hope they don't do as much editing to the songs as it seems they have on 'Michael'.
Plus Slave To The Rhythm has gotta be on the album too :D

uuuu.gif

In a way I'd want different songs other than the ones that have already leaked, BG, Slave and DYKWYCA at the most for me, maybe LNFSG but at a push if they don't have any alternatives.

Would love to hear lots of the Invincible session out takes, and the songs from more recent years that MJ was working on, would be perfect :) I personally think the Cascio songs are MJ but just don't even go near releasing any more of them, I think we're all done with the controversy we don't need it all again :D

Save the older tracks from 80's and early 90's for Re-releases, I would be in heaven if they re-released Bad or Dangerous with a Disc 2 containing 7-10 unreleased songs :D

A Place With No Name.. YES!!!

It could be a killer album if they include also Blue Gangster, STTR and DYKWYCA and don't mess it up.. fingers crossed!

Back