Songs confirmed for 2nd posthumous album by Dr Freeze.

mr-freeze.gif

Oh God, win!!!

Even though the already leaked songs are really good, releasing them on another album means there will be fewer songs we haven't heard before to be released.

Yeah, i think they need to put more songs on the next album though. I mean 10 tracks on a 2010 album is just lame. Thriller was cut in the 80's when they had time constraints due to the size of a vinyl lp. These days they can duel layer a cd, i have metal albums in my collection with 18 to 20 tracks on them. We should get a least 15, more if possible.

A few more i wanna here that i forgot before, MEN IN BLACK (I think almost every fan wants that one) Crack Killz (if it was ever recorded) Gloved One and Ripple River (rumoured to have been planned for This Is It shows with his kids on stage as well)

I really want to hear Stop Playing feat Usher & T-Pain

Is that even real mj song??

Slave To The Rhythm
12 O'Clock
Strawberry Fields Forever
Blue Gangsta
A Place With No Name
Groove Of Midnight
Seeing Voices (Feat. Ray Charles)
Wonderful World Of Candy
Innocent Man
Can't Get You Weight Off Of Me
On My Anger
Vibrationist

Album Of The Century

Slave To The Rhythm
12 O'Clock

Strawberry Fields Forever
Blue Gangsta
A Place With No Name

Groove Of Midnight
Seeing Voices (Feat. Ray Charles)
Wonderful World Of Candy
Innocent Man
Can't Get You Weight Off Of Me
On My Anger
Vibrationist

Album Of The Century

+ Burn 2Nite and some Rodney Jerkins tracks are in talk for the next album.

gah., why burn 2nite?? I mean, seriously, whether its him or not, is it really worth drudging up all that shit again, really sony?

Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, it can be manipulated by everyone.

As of now a new compilation like "Michael" is NOT(!) planned to be released in the near future. There are other projects that will see the light of the day though. That's where "A Place With No Name", "Blue Gangsta" etc. COULD(!) be used for.

But we won't get the untouched tracks, they will re-work them, too. Unfortunately they will always claim MJ's tracks would be unfinished when they are clearly in a finished state. They rather want them to sound more modern due to their deluded thinking this strategy might attract more people nowadays.

The same thinking that led to the decision to over-produce tracks like "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy" which led people think they would be fake and causing much controversy.
The same thinking that led to the inclusion of the rough vocals from the Cascio recording sessions with newly added production to create songs based on the available vocal material which caused even more controversy...

Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, it can be manipulated by everyone.

As of now a new compilation like "Michael" is NOT(!) planned to be released in the near future. There are other projects that will see the light of the day though. That's where "A Place With No Name", "Blue Gangsta" etc. COULD(!) be used for.

But we won't get the untouched tracks, they will re-work them, too. Unfortunately they will always claim MJ's tracks would be unfinished when they are clearly in a finished state. They rather want them to sound more modern due to their deluded thinking this strategy might attract more people nowadays.

The same thinking that led to the decision to over-produce tracks like "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy" which led people think they would be fake and causing much controversy.
The same thinking that led to the inclusion of the rough vocals from the Cascio recording sessions with newly added production to create songs based on the available vocal material which caused even more controversy...

I only hope they have learned something from this whole Michael -album fiasco..

I wonder what other projects are those that A Place With No Name could be included? Just hearing the full song would make me sooooo happy. The 30 sec snippet gets a little repetitive after a while.. :D

I don't know that there was anyone who questioned Best of Joy. I know for me personally it was the one track on the album that from the first line I knew immediately was our man Mike, unquestionably. I'd say it's probably the best track on the album and hardly over-produced. In fact I think it's the one track that gives us a true glimpse into the kind of music Michael was planning to create in this new decade.

But that's just me. The only songs that sounded questionable to me were the Cascio tracks and the rediculous filters on HT vocals.

Yeah, i think they need to put more songs on the next album though. I mean 10 tracks on a 2010 album is just lame. Thriller was cut in the 80's when they had time constraints due to the size of a vinyl lp. These days they can duel layer a cd, i have metal albums in my collection with 18 to 20 tracks on them. We should get a least 15, more if possible.

A few more i wanna here that i forgot before, MEN IN BLACK (I think almost every fan wants that one) Crack Killz (if it was ever recorded) Gloved One and Ripple River (rumoured to have been planned for This Is It shows with his kids on stage as well)

Agree with the whole post! Bring us Men In Black!

I don't know that there was anyone who questioned Best of Joy. I know for me personally it was the one track on the album that from the first line I knew immediately was our man Mike, unquestionably. I'd say it's probably the best track on the album and hardly over-produced. In fact I think it's the one track that gives us a true glimpse into the kind of music Michael was planning to create in this new decade.

But that's just me. The only songs that sounded questionable to me were the Cascio tracks and the rediculous filters on HT vocals.

Agree with you. Best of Joy is unquestionably Michael Jackson. The vocals are almost identical to the one on Someone Put Your Hand Out. It's argurably the best track in Michael. I don't feel it's over-processed.

For the people who have doubt in Best of Joy, I suggest them to hear more Michael Jackson's music, not just the most popular songs, but his entire catalog. They need to know Michael's vocal range better.

I think Blue Gangsta is amazing as it is. I'm interested to hear what they do with it, hopefully it will be good but if not I won't be happy.

STTR could do with a bit more production and probably would be a hit.

I'd buy it whatever as I can't say no to anything Michael Jackson, but i'm happy with what we already have, which is one hell of a catalogue of the most amazing, epic, beautiful songs in the whole entire world :D

I asked the producers who's worked with MJ that post over on the Gearslutz board weather MJ had recorded Why, here's what Rob Hoffman had to say: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6247576-post985.html

I remember reading one of 3T said Michael recorded the whole song and played the song to them. 3T love the song and Michael decided to give the song to them. 3T said the solo version is awesome. I hope it's true.

I remember reading one of 3T said Michael recorded the whole song and played the song to them. 3T love the song and Michael decided to give the song to them. 3T said the solo version is awesome. I hope it's true.

Yeah, that is the same story i heard, way back in the 90's when their version came out. Personally, i'm not that mad on the song and of the MJ 3T colaberations, i much prefer I Need You, as even though mj's bit is very brief, he sounds amazing. I didn't know he was on it back then when i got the album and nearly died when he suddenly came in so strong, fucking amazing!
But i still really wanna hear MJ's solo version of Why.

Along with Privacy and Xscape, Blue Gangsta has to be one of the weakest MJ tracks that I've ever heard... If they don't have better songs to stick on a record other than this one I will honestly think this 'goldmine vault' of unreleased material must be extremley disappointing. :(

Blue Gangster/Gangsta could sound good with better instrumentation. I was also somewhat disappointed that it didn't do more when I heard the final version, but that's understandable it being a demo and all.. I prefer the version with the rappers years back.

But it's a good song, powerful, and if it had an upgrade it could be decent, but I doubt they even end up putting it on... I don't know why, I just don't feel like it'd work well with the public.

Slave To The Rhythm, however, that is one that needs to be released one day with some nice production.

I don't think DYKWYCA should be released on the next one, either, really.

I only like "Blue Gangsta" because it basically explained a situation that I was in about a year back (about "Alex/Susie" for those who were in the debate thread) but I'll agree that it's not a fantastic song, but with some tweaking it could be quite a bit better. The world has to hear "Slave to the Rhythm" before this deal is over!

I do agree that the vocals are practically perfect, but "Blue Gangsta" feels a tad too long and the instrumentation could be a bit more soulful to compliment the vocals. I have no complaints with "Slave To the Rhythm", though.

I really don't care which songs will be released, all I care is for the songs to be released the way they were left by Michael.

Blue Gangsta is a gem. I can't believe so many don't think it's good. It's so precious, I love it!

I think if this happens that they leave the songs alone as much as possible or not do anything to them. Also not to have tracks that people even have to question if it's Michael or not. I remember how excited everyone was when Michael was announced and what happened afterwards was really sad and disappointing. I still hope that any posthumous album released brings us together.

Blue Gangsta is a gem. I can't believe so many don't think it's good. It's so precious, I love it!
I agree with you. This isn't the song we were talking about, but the instrumentation that could be slightly improved, in my opinion. Michael's lyrics, delivery, everything about the song is amazing, really, except that I feel the instrumentation could be built up a little more, perhaps mixed better. Hopefully not how they did Another Day, but we'll have to find out in time.

Along with Privacy and Xscape, Blue Gangsta has to be one of the weakest MJ tracks that I've ever heard... If they don't have better songs to stick on a record other than this one I will honestly think this 'goldmine vault' of unreleased material must be extremley disappointing. :(

In terms of what? In terms of lyrics, vocals, what? In terms of lyrics they might not be some of MJ's best but in terms of vocals for example they sound great. Privacy is actually one of my favs, great vocals, great instrumentation, avarage lyrics. Xscape and Blue Gangsta also have fantastic vocals but their intrumentation and lyrics alro are a bit... avarage!

...this is all of course my personal opinion, feel free to disagree! Just my 2 cents!

Are u kidding? I agree that Privacy could have been a lot better. But Xscape is amazing, the way he switchs the vocal style during the verses is awesome, and i love the beat. Blue Gangster is also an amazing vocal performance, i don't get all the ragging on it. I agree that it needs a bit more mixing, but the rest is fine.
I also don't agree that DYKWYCA should be left unreleased. Besides the unfortunate title, which can easily be changed to 12-o'clock, as many have already done, its another amzing song, with a strong vocal performance, complete un-sampled ad-libs and a pretty smooth guitar solo. Again, it needs minor master tweaks, but its a GOOD song.

I hope they release "A Place With No Name" in original format. I worry Michael's unreleased music will be handled the way 2Pac's is by being remixed. I want to hear the real music.

My thoughts on the songs we know about to date:

* Blue Gangsta- I think it's a strong song and would be great on the radio. The only change I can see on it is shaving the ending down a bit as it drags on.

* Slave To the Rhythm- Another strong song. I love MJ's vocals on it, especially towards the end where it sounds like MJ's really getting into it.

* A Place Without No Name- Even though we only have a 20+ second clip, it sounds great. Can't wait to hear the rest.

* Do You Know Where Your Children Are- A great song with a controversial topic. Not a good choice for a single, but should be released on album.

* Love Never Felt So Good- It's ok. Nothing special. I see this being released on an album anniversary release.

* Why- if a solo version of this truly exists, I will crap my pants. I love this song..and I think it would be a great song to close the next album with (kind of like "Much Too Soon" for the Michael album)....MJ's voice trailing off singing "tell me why?" is the perfect way to end an album IMO.

Back