Songs confirmed for 2nd posthumous album by Dr Freeze.

My thoughts on the songs we know about to date:

* Blue Gangsta- I think it's a strong song and would be great on the radio. The only change I can see on it is shaving the ending down a bit as it drags on.

* Slave To the Rhythm- Another strong song. I love MJ's vocals on it, especially towards the end where it sounds like MJ's really getting into it.

* A Place Without No Name- Even though we only have a 20+ second clip, it sounds great. Can't wait to hear the rest.

* Do You Know Where Your Children Are- A great song with a controversial topic. Not a good choice for a single, but should be released on album.

* Love Never Felt So Good- It's ok. Nothing special. I see this being released on an album anniversary release.

* Why- if a solo version of this truly exists, I will crap my pants. I love this song..and I think it would be a great song to close the next album with (kind of like "Much Too Soon" for the Michael album)....MJ's voice trailing off singing "tell me why?" is the perfect way to end an album IMO.

i agree with everything except Why ending it. While i agree that it should be on there it and Much to soon are weak album closers. Albums should end strong and inpacting, leaving u with a strong posative thought after listening. Whya nd Much to soon are weak, kinda sappy tracks. Something like 12-o'clock would be a much stronger track to end on. Or something epic in the ES/MITM/WYBT vain.

I just hope the next album is released in late 2012.

And I hope for a much better promotion.

^
It won't be coming out in 2012, but Bad 25 and the Bad Tour DVD will.

^
It won't be coming out in 2012, but Bad 25 and the Bad Tour DVD will.

They should make Bad 25 a double disc set with the actual album on the first disc and a couple of outtakes on the second disc since I'm assuimg they won't release "old songs like that" on any sort of new album release and even if they do they will do some remastering and some heavy mixing to make those outtakes sound "new" ...a bunch of bullshit if you ask me but still, who am I to decide.

^^ A solo version of 'Why' DOES exist! :wild:

For The Record 2nd Edition:

Why:
Completed solo version believed not to exist, as 3T's Taj has confirmed he and his brothers only ever heard Babyface's demo version, before recording the song.

For The Record 2nd Edition:

Why:
Completed solo version believed not to exist, as 3T's Taj has confirmed he and his brothers only ever heard Babyface's demo version, before recording the song.

Maybe Cascio has it somewhere in his vault entirely sung by "Michael".

AndreyZidane™;3303734 said:
Why are you putting him down for providing what many (including me) consider "facts" (info from For The Record)?

I am not. He did it himself.

Also, a producer (I forget which one) on Gearslutz said that MJ never recorded 'Why'.

I reckon Michael does have a version of "Why" with just his solo vocals, Taj said that he only heard Babyfaces version, so they wouldn't know if Michael recorded it then, would they. Maybe Michael didn't like the demo with just his voice, or maybe he recorded it later after with the group, but this song was considered for HIStory and it was 3T who asked Michael if they could have the song.

I reckon Michael does have a version of "Why" with just his solo vocals, Taj said that he only heard Babyfaces version, so they wouldn't know if Michael recorded it then, would they. Maybe Michael didn't like the demo with just his voice, or maybe he recorded it later after with the group, but this song was considered for HIStory and it was 3T who asked Michael if they could have the song.

Yes but it's likely that if 3T heard the Babyface demo before they took the song that Michael didn't record a solo version, because he probably would have played them that if he did. He wasn't playing them songs that they might like he was playing them contenders for HIStory - so it's likely that he would have played them his own version.
Why would Michael record a solo version after giving the song to 3T?

Yes but it's likely that if 3T heard the Babyface demo before they took the song that Michael didn't record a solo version, because he probably would have played them that if he did. He wasn't playing them songs that they might like he was playing them contenders for HIStory - so it's likely that he would have played them his own version.
Why would Michael record a solo version after giving the song to 3T?

Maybe just to see what it would have sounded like with just his vocals, but Michael being the perfectionist may not have played his own demo because it wouldn't be a strong demo hence why he would rather use someone else's demo, as it isn't him singing it. Michael is very funny with demo's hence why when Sony wanted to release Starlight, Michael barred Sony from releasing it, this just shows you how Michael feels about unfinished music.

So, we may never know, unless we can ask someone inside Sony to check.

A solo version does exist..:) It's in For the Record and I think it was also confirmed on Gearslutz forum

Edit: nvm.checked in for the record and I'm wrong..I swear I read there was one!

Here we go

From "For The Record":

WHY

Song written by Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds, and originally scheduled to appear on Michael’s album, HISTORY – until his three nephews, 3T (Tito’s sons Taj, Taryll and TJ) claimed it.
‘The song was supposed to be on Michael’s HISTORY album, but we loved it so much that we kinda ended up stealing it from him,’ confirmed TJ in early 1996. ‘I mean, once he played it for us and saw our faces he was like, “You guys want this song?” – and that’s exactly what happened, and working in the studio with him was such an experience.’

Recorded by 3T, as a duet with Michael, for their debut album, BROTHERHOOD, released in 1996.

Michael didn’t actually record the song with his nephews, but allowed them to use his original version of the song, and turn it into a collaboration by adding their own vocals

Hit no.2 in the UK, but struggled to no.71 on the R&B singles chart in the States, and only managed no.112 on the ‘bubbling under’ section of the Hot 100.
Promo short film featured Michael and his nephews – Michael, with Ralph Ziman, also directed.
Official Versions:
Album Version.
D.W. Bonus Mix.
Radio Edit.

Solo version by Michael remains unreleased

The fans have actually discussed this in 2000 watts, here is the thread.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99762&highlight=demo

I'm not 100% where this one came from, I just copied it from the thread in 2000 Watts. Lemme check mine.

Edit: I have the 1st version.

So does that mean that Chris found out it doesn't exist hence why it was never added in the 2nd edition?

I swear they confirmed it on Gearslutz that there is indeed a solo version...but I'd have go back and sift through all of it lol

If it was removed from For The Record for the 2nd edition, they must have found out they made a mistake and fixed it.

Oooo I hope this is true. I was gutted when A Place With No Name wasn't on "Michael"

Oooo I hope this is true. I was gutted when A Place With No Name wasn't on "Michael"

Same here, the vocals on that song sound AMAZING... I just hope when Dr.Freeze said he has changed it slightly, I hope he hasn't renewed it.

Rob on Gearslutz said as far as recording with MJ, Why was never worked on. It could have been done with someone else in another studio. He's not sure. You would MJ did record it 1st, then 3T heard it, and added their vocals. Maybe we'll find out the real story someday. I personally would die to hear a solo version of it.

As far as other ideas, someone earlier mentioned a double cd set for the Bad 25 album....I like it. CD 1 should be just the original tracklisting, with Leave Me Alone AND the full original version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You with the spoken intro.

Same here, the vocals on that song sound AMAZING... I just hope when Dr.Freeze said he has changed it slightly, I hope he hasn't renewed it.

Dr.Freeze is probably gonna put his new sound on both songs (Blue Gangster and place with no name), he's been experimenting these last few years and his sound is no longer the same as it was in the 90's when Break Of dawn and Place with no name were recorded, its more of an electronic, Broken beat Techno futuristic sound, anyone who's listened to Poison 2010 and Michael will know what im talking about, they basically don't exist on the internet anymore but ill upload them soon.

You never know. Maybe the new production will be super subtle and not be all that bad. There IS a chance these guys are committed to quality and understand we want that.

Back